New Uniques Discovered So Far!

Please fix the wording on Esh's Visage Vaal Spirit Shield - the second last affix can seeem a bit confusing.

The one I'm talking about:
In programming atleast (and this language is very fixed to avoid confusing) it works like this.
"chaos damage dosent bypass ES while not on low life or low mana"
the outcome is x (before the "while"), so- not on low life or low mana means, as long that you are not on low life OR as long that you are not on low mana. This means it should be "AND" instead of "OR".

When that's said. It does still make a clearer description when you hold down "Alt" right?
From Mark_GGG in another thread:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dimosthenis91 wrote:
(logic says 0/0 means you are on full mana)
0/0 is not full mana. It is also not low mana. It's simply not having mana in the first place.

"
dimosthenis91 wrote:
so with Esh's Visage equipped Chaos damage should not bypass energy shield.
Not necessarily. Taking Blood Magic means you aren't on Low Mana. It does not mean you aren't on Low Life.

If you are on Low Life, but not on Low Mana, then the statement "You are on Low Life or Low Mana" is true. Esh's Visage explicitly only applies while you are not on Low Life or Low Mana - i.e. when that statement is false.

"
dimosthenis91 wrote:
"Or" / "And" are different terms
Yes. "or" is the correct term here. A bonus that's active "while not on Low Life and Low Mana" would be active as long as you were not on Low Life and Low Mana simultaneously, because only then is the statement "You are on Low Life and Low Mana" true, thus turning off the bonus.

To put it another way, since you seem fond of logic you may have heard of De Morgan's Laws, which state that logically, the negation of "X and Y" is equivalent to "not X or not Y". This "while not on Low Life or Low Mana" is logically equivalent to "while not on Low Life and not on Low Mana".
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Reinhart wrote:
So Eye of Chayula can be upgraded it seems.

What would happen if I throw one of these blessings on this Season 3 reward?

Spoiler

I think its safe to assume the graphic would update to the new amulet, but another question occurs to me---If I save my blessing for standard and bless my Legacy 20+ Implicit...What happens then??
Last edited by neonive on Dec 14, 2016, 4:21:23 PM
time to update items list

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info