FPS issues only in 2.5 (prepatch was fine)

Hi,

Anyone else had this specific issue?

in the dx9 client, I have fps issues in high density areas and with necromancer and 4 flame sentinels, but nothing extreme

in the prepatch just before 2.5, when GGG released the dx11 beta client, all these issues were gone and I could finally play without fps issues/lag/stutters, all worked fine, even the necromancer in high density maps/areas with full army...

Now with 2.5 patch, with either client dx9, dx9fx or dx11, i have HUGE, but HUGE fps drops especially during breaches and high density areas, and as a bonus, i have fps drops with ground slam as well :D

my rig is fx8350 @4000mhz, ati 290x 4gb 512bit and 8gig ram @1600 mhz (and only have fps issues in POE) ....

The saddest part is, that It was working in the prepatch, just before the 2.5 2dec rollout.... so they either missed some update there or wth? This certainly proves that my hardware is not faulty, if the game was running like this in the pre-patch i would have still believed that it might be something on my side. But what is the explanation that at the prepatch worked and now its bad again ?? :(:(:(

I sooo much love this game and these fps issues are ruining my entire mood....
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 2:52:28 AM
Yeah, I've been having trouble with frames also.

Pre-2.5 I could run basically all content with no framerate issues, always over 100fps. (except one time when I partied with a x4 totem flameblast and a Cospri's discharge while playing discharge myself..)

But now, I could be afking in town and my frames drop. It's made the game almost unplayable for me. I've also tried changing to all the other directX and none of them help. I tried adding --noasync to my steam launch options and that also didn't work. I literally just finished factory resetting my computer thinking I had a virus or something but I guess it is just path thats having issues. Ill get a screenshot of my fps in game while in town when I get home.
Yep. My frames are terrible, on both DX11 and DX9 now. I dont know why because it was running perfectly fine on both pre 2.5. Now it looks like a damn lie detector test result shit taken by the worlds biggest liar.

Up down, huge spikes all the time.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Framerate in town with --noasync on so that everything is loaded.

Setup is Intel Core i7-6700K,AMD Radeon R9 255, Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB
My MSI GTX 1080 Founders edition just came in. gonna do some tests and will update you guys on how it goes.

But regardless, I shouldn't be having these kind of framerate issues with current setup.

- 64bit Client , Dx11beta , Highest Settings, w/o --noasync

-64bit client, Dx9, lowest settings, with --noasync

How the hell this game eats almost 30GHZ of CPU and still LAGS LOL ?
I can answer myself, since its clear that when u lag the frame time + the latency jumps out...
but hey... it may be the particle effects that ruins everything up ?

FX6300 @5Ghz
2x4GB A-data XPG
GTX680 @1200Mhz Core
SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB
R9 290X + i5 4670K @ 4.1Ghz here. SSD and 16GB RAM.

Also experiencing rather low fps while CPU usage is very high (at least 70%) all the time on all cores, regardless of DX settings. GPU often falls back to idling for a short moment, according to Radeon Settings. FPS is all over the place, depending on the amount of action going on it jumps between 50 and 120 fps. Just casting Firestorm will have a big effect. In breaches fps goes from 60+ to 30-40.
Betrayal: Dominating Blow Guardian, CwC Arc Elementalist
Last edited by Blackice012 on Dec 10, 2016, 12:48:50 PM
I too am experiencing the same things. Before 2.5 my game was running the best it ever has been. Now something has changed. Please do something GGG, I love this game.
I'm not sure what it is but my game has been stuttering the entire day. Yesterday wasn't as bad but today seems a lot worse. It still playable but really kills a lot of the enjoyment.

Game was smoother before the latest patch and before the 2.5 release

PoE 64 Bit

My PC is

I7 2600k CPU@ 3.4 GHz

16g of Ram

Last edited by Spythe on Dec 11, 2016, 10:50:30 PM
"
Spythe wrote:

My PC is

I7 2600k CPU@ 3.4 GHz

16g of Ram

Holy moly...
Even GTX1070 has FPS issues.........

agreed that yesterday wasnt that bad
then "hmmmm seems theyve done something fixing that shit"
now "FFFFFFUUUUUUUU"
So I think I found the issue, I believe it was Nivida Geforce Experience causing it. Yup not sure it makes sense but I changed a setting there and no annoying ass stutter and it makes sense since I updated the drivers about 2 days ago and that is when the problem started.

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't use Shadowplay with PoE but I could with Heroes Of The Storm. So I wanted to make a video recording and it wouldn't let me because of the privacy settings weren't set for desktop. I should add I play in Full Screen window mode

So I goto Settings > Share > Privacy Settings > and Turn on capture Desktop capture for instant reply, boardcasting, etc. Now game is running better with no stutter, still the odd lag but that is rare and a dif feel to it.

So if you have Nivida Gefore Experience check those settings, not sure why it would effect PoE 64 bit but seemed to work for me. Played for 3 hrs and didn't experience the stutter effect after the change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info