QOL Elreon Request

Please force mobs to gravitate towards the relic if they are ranged instead of standing at max and near max target distance. If it launches waves of ranged, it's impossible as a melee (TRUE melee) to clear them fast enough and taunt them from attacking the relic because they're too spread out, so it's a nearly guaranteed loss. Just had one relic defense go from caster skeletons to kamikaze squids to blue and yellow bomb throwers. I never stood a chance to defend that relic... unless I had some uber clear speed ranged, or could have just attacked from range inside the relic's bubble to begin with.

With the mobs cluttering towards the relic, it becomes a DPS check rather than "Let's hope the waves aren't all ranged" or such that pure melee can't kill fast enough.
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2016, 3:07:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The range is annoying, yes. On my former Static Strike character I had some issues with Elreon quests, but with my Sunder character it was a breeze since I could stand close to the relic and just attack stuff at a rather large range then drop my totem for anything that got into melee without dying to me.

An additional affect this would have is rounding up some monsters that have a bit of derpy AI. Spiders in particular seem like they would rather wander off to BFN and chill instead of coming close to the relic and joining in the fray. I was once standing by a relic for 30 seconds or so waiting for another wave when I decided to go out and see if I missed any monsters and sure enough there was a lone spider more than a screen away just doing nothing.
Derpy AI is just derpy AI. Regardless, Elreon is the only one I can fail that I can't do anything about, all because it decided to spawn a monster mix pure melee builds can't reliably kill fast enough. Very poor design since all master missions are primarily simple gear checks.
my advice as melee for getting a ton of those bs ranged mobs especially elemental ones where our shitty totem has like 40 resist, is drop a sulphur flask on the totem (if it's not already the one with consecrated ground) so it can regen a bit, or place decoy totems a few feet from totem and spam warcries to draw damge away from the elreon totem

If you don't run sulphur flask or any totems... no strategies just fighting as hard as you can.
"
biyte wrote:
my advice as melee for getting a ton of those bs ranged mobs especially elemental ones where our shitty totem has like 40 resist, is drop a sulphur flask on the totem (if it's not already the one with consecrated ground) so it can regen a bit, or place decoy totems a few feet from totem and spam warcries to draw damge away from the elreon totem

If you don't run sulphur flask or any totems... no strategies just fighting as hard as you can.

I run regen totem but apaprently it no longer heals the thing, I recall it healing it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info