Content Update 2.5.0 Launch Summary

"
khemintiri wrote:
I feel your pain man , but trust me , as a person working with human relations , the angrier you get , the less inclined people are to help you.

Im sure they are working on a fix , when they have something solid to offer you in form of an explanation or fix , they will inform us.

I find the smart companies eventually realize the bad PR of legitimate complaints like this is worth fixing. I want to know whether GGG is salvageable or not. If GGG is truly going to produce a completely unacceptable final outcome, I don't need them to help me, I just need to know how low they're willing to sink. Better to find out now than 20 supporter packs later.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I overheard Chris warning Jonathan during a fight with Chatters in the prison, "Careful, Glacial Hammer has had a 6% buff."

Externally I laughed, but internally I cried...

Yeah, the launch was rather smooth and Breach is more fun that I anticipated. Tho, something will have to be done about the insane spam of breach mobs. Sometimes you just get FPS overwhelmed.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
khemintiri wrote:
I feel your pain man , but trust me , as a person working with human relations , the angrier you get , the less inclined people are to help you.

Im sure they are working on a fix , when they have something solid to offer you in form of an explanation or fix , they will inform us.

I find the smart companies eventually realize the bad PR of legitimate complaints like this is worth fixing. I want to know whether GGG is salvageable or not. If GGG is truly going to produce a completely unacceptable final outcome, I don't need them to help me, I just need to know how low they're willing to sink. Better to find out now than 20 supporter packs later.

People said that back in closed beta,and then proceeded to say the same stuff league after league,year after year,yet the game grows more and more.
As for the issue with black screen etc,i am quite sure that after dozens of topics with tens of pages with people reporting the same issue - they got the message. Usually stuff like that gets fixed rather quickly,unless it's something slightly more complex,which means it might take longer than usual.
What good would it do to you if they came out and said ''We are trying to fix it,no eta''
If acknowledgment of existence is what you are after,you might wanna turn to your parents for that.
Considering the performance issues with breaches them selves (have seen people lagg,drop to single digit frames and dc on twitch streams) and few other possible tweaks that might be coming within a week or maybe even sooner - you might want to hold back on the drama,and just wait and see what happens.
No rest for the wicked.
I must be stupidly unlucky then. This is by FAR the worst launch I have experienced in years. It took me more than a day just to get past the load screen without crashing. Still I am experiencing random crashes, some of which are more frustrating than others such as, crashing and receiving a message that there is a requirement for me to be logged in (how tf can I not be logged in while I am busy playing?) and when I log back in my progress has been rolled back to before that map (loot, waypoints, the works, as if it never happened).

Probably unrelated to the launch; I have never, up until recenty experienced any graphical glitches. I now regularly experience graphics spikes, more so in underground areas than others. Massive yellow blocks and lines accross the screen. I can't even use Vorici's hideout and have my pets in there at the same time. Furthermore in random areas lines running and dragging from my charater to various objects.

On more rare occasion a "ghost image" of a mob I already killed would remain onscreen as if not yet killed. Just the sprite, as if it was never animated.

Constant lag spikes. Particularly bad when entering a new area or entering town. 'Stuttering' and desyncing like a mofo, I F2 for /OOS more than I flask for god sakes and often (which was never the case before) it doesn't even resync (yes, despite waiting out the cooldown).

Random crashes for fuck knows what reason, just to log back in and see your portals for your precious high level map that you invested heavily in, have been closed... reset, bye-bye.

Horribly desynced motion traps (saw blades and all that shit) in the lab, sometimes they don't even display movement and I have to just wing it. Luckily they don't hurt much and you can continue from where you died in the lab... oh wait...

I have invested a LOT more into this game than any other game ever. I have played this for longer than I have played any other game. Gaming is my hobby, I am passionate about it, like many of you, so "chill, it's just a game" doesn't cut it for me. I plan for a new league in advance. Even my build for this league required me to get early market position to fund the required items and that has been set back horribly.

I would actually love to know how many hours of play time I have invested... hundreds? I used to love you GGG, your phylosophies, community involvement, innovation, creativity, BRILLIANT game. I am very happy for all of you that experienced a smooth launch, as for me; I am deeply disappointed.

EDIT: Fixed some typos.
Last edited by Sarge_101 on Dec 5, 2016, 2:54:36 AM
highest player retention ever? gratulation ggg, looks like people love challenging content more than playing poe while watching movies :-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
some issues I didnt had before, that makes me wonder about 'the smoothest start ever':
*huge trouble on preparation - download server 'missing' for around the half of the prep time
*some (minor) disconnects and instant crashes
*a single 'hard' crash (only responding system was task manager)
*massive stutter in hideout yesterday (unknown reason, not in combat areas)

overall I'd say (in relation to the huge playercounts): its okayish.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I have no issues at all ^^ very good league!
If breaches dont go to core game i will be mad xD
GGG please fix game, everytime we walk into breach ping goes crazy, also we all have problem with ping stability overall.
"
edfffff wrote:
GGG please fix game, everytime we walk into breach ping goes crazy, also we all have problem with ping stability overall.

I don't, so I guess "we all" is a bit of hyperbole.

I'm definitely in the "smoothest launch ever" group (in part because quite a few problems were shifted to 2.4.2).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
What is "new potential of the Eye of Chayula amulet"? I googled it but nothing came up.

It upgrades to the new Presence of Chayula amulet when you use a Blessing of Chayula on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info