Wand build

"
PortalFreak wrote:
does the iron grip keystone affect physical dammage from wands?
After all it says that the strength attribute affects the physical dammage from *ranged* weapons and a wand is a ranged weapon. So i've been thinking maybe if i take a templar with easier acces to some strength while still relatively close to the wand nodes i could make a powerfull wand user.

It does. Whether it's worth stretching all that distances is another story indeed. With, say, 300 strength, you get 60% increased damage. Divide that damage by how many nodes it takes you out of your way, and you have the effective damage per node (plus whatever is acquired along the path). Depending on your build, this may or may not be worth it.

In any case, this is a very old thread - I'd say wand users are definitely viable (as I know one with >10k DPS and plenty of survivability). I'm currently looking at my own Power Siphon build and wondering if I should make it happen, or keep it a theoretical tree. I'll probably do it when I get some time. :)

The biggest issue a wand build seems to have is mana problems - ele hit / power siphon (/ frenzy?) are both mana hogs. A mana leech gem (and Mind-Drinker, if you're in that area for the crit) can go a long way to help with that, though.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 27, 2012, 7:20:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info