Elected dictatorship

Hi All

As the title states that's what the USA has for the next four years.
So forget democracy during that time.
I have to give credit to the right. They have worked the internet like nobody's business.
It would make Himmler proud.
Of course that's what I'm living under in Canada. It's scary.
Maybe Trump will do away with elections- After all you've got me. What else do you need.

Or. They will change districts or any number of shenanigans to keep the cons in power.
Think that can't happen there? Think again.

The USA is just as close to the jungle as any other country. All it takes is the right conditions.
After all, what good can come from a country that worships guns and money like a religion.

Thanks for listening.
I'll check in in 4 years - see what happens.

Cheers to all!
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Dec 6, 2016, 3:19:22 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 3:21:00 PM
I voted for Trump
Hi
As a Canadian I won't comment on your choice. It's none of my business.

At least you voted and I commend you on that.

Cheers
"
fozziex wrote:

The USA is just as close to the jungle as any other country. All it takes is the right conditions.
Just wait til all the refugees from burning American cities come to the Canadian border... oh, wait, I understand your concern now.

Time to stock up on precious metals... gold, silver, and lead.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
This is how liberals actually think O.o

The only scary thing are the scenarios you create inside your own imagination.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Dec 5, 2016, 8:35:31 AM
"
Manocean wrote:

scary thing for me is that those who own big data actually won the election.

politician's lies can be personalized now instead of addressing groups of people based on ethnics, race or age.

if somebody had told us in advance that people sending their private thoughts to coorporate/governmental servers is a bad idea....
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

scary thing for me is that those who own big data actually won the election.

politician's lies can be personalized now instead of addressing groups of people based on ethnics, race or age.

if somebody had told us in advance that people sending their private thoughts to coorporate/governmental servers is a bad idea....

Yet another example of a glaring truth everyone is refusing to see even if it's right in our face (something Socrates was well aware of from the start): democracy is a terrible idea.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

Yet another example of a glaring truth everyone is refusing to see even if it's right in our face (something Socrates was well aware of from the start): democracy is a terrible idea.

what democracy? where? if you get the choice to either get beaten to death or hanged it's not really a choice.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

what democracy? where? if you get the choice to either get beaten to death or hanged it's not really a choice.

Yes, there's that too. I'm just saying it's not some kind of great ideal by default, which is how most people seem to think of it. 'Oh, only if we had a real democracy, things would be so much better!"

Nope.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Same rhetoric, hopefully no other comparison necessary in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgbL6HjRe8

("The Fascist Personality and Rhetoric of Donald Trump")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuCv3cc5_o

("Cornel West on Donald Trump: This is What Neo-Fascism Looks Like")

Prof. West´s views almost exactly reflect my own, so - sry for the youtube links, but I don´t feel like writing walls of text like in the beginning of the "Donald Trump" thread anymore.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Dec 5, 2016, 4:06:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info