an intresting synergy with romira's banquet, cast while channeling and discharge?

if no one has tried this yet, i just now tested using discharge with a channeling skill like incinerate + romira's banquet to generate tons of power charges reliable and "discharge" them with discharge.
this might even work with cold snap
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on Dec 4, 2016, 6:57:04 AM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 12:35:42 PM
"
VoidExilePoE wrote:
if no one has tried this yet, i just now tested using discharge with a channeling skill like incinerate + romira's banquet to generate tons of power charges reliable and "discharge" them with discharge.

There's no synergy between channeling and Romira's.
1) Incinerate hits with every tiny flame (hence the chargeS)
2) Incinerate has 0% base critical strike
3) Incinerate behaved absolutely the same before becoming "channeling spell"
These are the reasons it works in that way.

It's nothing new, people used Inci+Romira to keep stable P.Charges for a long time already (but it is used in a very few builds, which are mostly abandoned now for BV and BF meta)

Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

It just turns a 2-button build into a 1-button build, and that means it's like 100% better.
We need to see a video about this.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

It works its just not as effective as people think. 3 casts / sec is even worse than cospris.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

It works its just not as effective as people think. 3 casts / sec is even worse than cospris.

Yeah... but better than COC is now...
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
VoidExilePoE wrote:

1) Incinerate hits with every tiny flame (hence the chargeS)
2) Incinerate has 0% base critical strike
3) Incinerate behaved absolutely the same before becoming "channeling spell"
These are the reasons it works in that way.

It's nothing new, people used Inci+Romira to keep stable P.Charges for a long time already (but it is used in a very few builds, which are mostly abandoned now for BV and BF meta)

did i say something i didn't intend to? i wasn't intending to mention incinerate but just mention a channeling skill.
i tested out blight but that didn't work and then my whole idea shattered because i can only gain power charges from HITS which leaves me with few options for getting thos charges going.

example:
incinerate with no supports casues you to gain lots of power charges with romira's. incinerate + romira's = power charges.
incinerate + cast while channeling + discharge = no proc
incinerate + cast while channeling + discharge + power charges = procs every few millisecond
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
Deadpeng wrote:
i mean... i could probably upload one but i don't have the programs and stuff setup. you could probably see someone doing it or just test it out in standard which won't take very long. all you need is
1 ring = romira's
1 channeling skill = a channeling skill that hits like incinerate for example
1 3 link = consisting of incinerate, cast while channeling and discharge
the test can now be done.
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

personally i think aslong as people can get a romira's which is the most expencive part, this could pottentially be a lazy mans discharge build which i think is the most effective way of looking at it...

i have tried gearing a level 90 character up and tested it, i'm not quite sure of the turnout. a permanent mana sustain, duel curse for temp chains and enffeble where all the remaining would be spent on whatever you prefer, life, energy shield, damage...
oh and i also added in a voll's devotion which makes you gain endurance charges frequently but i think you can easily skip that and focus on lightning damage instead.
i was running an elementalist with 50% less reflected elemental damage taken.
Most important question: can it work with daggers, resolute technique and blade flurry?

Edit: grasp of empires might be a thing for this kind of setup :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Dec 5, 2016, 5:52:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info