need advice chieftain vortex totem

Hi everyone,
new to game so would like some help. I am planing on running spell totem vortex, which will allow me to drop vortex wherever i want it, and since vortex continues to apply degen even after totem is destroyed i can drop as many vorteci as i want with a single totem (no ancestral bond)

1.if i want to maximise damage, both from degen and burn, what am i beter off with, avatar of fire, hrimburn, three dragons or pyre. i am leaning towards hrimburn since it allows me to both freeze and burn. Pyre migth be ok since i will not be hitting enemies so it should proliferate.

2. if i run herald of thunder, will that allow me to activate elemental overload as well as curse on hit?

3.Spell totem has high mana multiplyer, and i will be recasting it often, which means kitava thirst should activate often, which of these should i put in, molten shell, firestorm, bladefall, blade vortex ice nova?

4.Should i invest in increased duration nodes?

5. Another option migth be to run tukohamas fortress, blood magic, life regen per endurance charge and lots of endurance charges? is this viable/good? Or trolltimber spire?

6. what nodes should i prioritise? fire damage? cold damage? damage over time? totem damage? life? life regen? area damage? which will be essential

7. what support gems to run with this?

8. What auras to run if any?

much appreaciated for any help

Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 1:42:18 PM
bump
No point in doing it on totems.
- Drop that idéa instantly and follow a guide on self-casted instead.

zzZzzzZzzZz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info