Yep, You need God-tier clear speed and offscreen to get anything remotely good from Breaches.

Well, you need to kill stuff very very fast to keep Breach open for long enough to even get a signle Splinter. Forget about summoning Breach Lord or getting something good if you lack clear speed. Also you have to cancel what you was doing, go to (probably spawns far awy from you) "reward chests" (or more like "reward hands") and click it before Breach closes to get better rewards like currencie or higher rarity items.

Also Breaches work really weird. Often mobs spawn off-screen, far away from you, behind corners and walls and you might not even find them. So, for example - you open Breach - mobs start to spawn, circle begin to enlarge, you inevitable follow one direction to keep up with mobs, but. But at certain point mobs in that direction will stop spawn and you will have to find where this little cheeky bastards are. And while you are seacrhing time tick tocks and Breach closes. Also I sometimes don't get how time limit for Breaches works - I seem to kill mobs rather well, but boom - Breach closes nevertheless.

So get as much movement speed as you can and play off-screening builds. In that regard, Bows seem pretty good for Breach farming. In other words, like I forseen, get your Meta cookie cutter build ready for action or don't even touch Breaches ever again. :(

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 3, 2016, 4:39:19 AM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 8:32:07 PM
I would like to know which bow build you would recommend
Better than standing afk and getting rewards, right?
Spreading salt since 2006
"
LazySmeg wrote:
I would like to know which bow build you would recommend

I would go King of the Forest (Poison Assassin with dot/chaos focusing) as a League starter.

"
Necromael wrote:
Better than standing afk and getting rewards, right?

Good logic.
I don?t know why you have issues man, but, i have been playing for maybe 2hours since launch, and i have gotten some 20-ish splinters so far.I'm not particulary fast.
Doing alright with Lacerate Ranger so far in normal. It's also a matter of luck if the layout is good, monsters don't get stuck around corners and finding the clenched fist/chest/rare monsters in the direction you're going.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

im in normal act 3 with very bad dps and I got some breach items
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
so you saying I am supposed to have good clear speed in this game?

great discovery dude
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 3, 2016, 11:09:09 AM
well i'm no "racer", i don't have the best luck in the game nor do i have godly gear, i play to enjoy the game regardless of what drops. giving breach a go and doing Firestorm build and i'm slow as hell and i've had a bit of luck, so to the OP no you don't need the best gear.

Spoiler

oh and i never played the Essence league and had a bit of luck so far too.

Spoiler
IGN: The_Nutcase
You guys tell me that keeping Breach open for few secons and get few splinters on average is a way to go. I disagree. No, it's not. I didn't even seen Chest with Rewards yet. Only this little Hands things. :( I didn't seen any Beach Lord himself yet. Only their "champions".

You absolutely need OP Meta cookie cutter build with insane clear speed to fully enjoy what League actually have in store for you.

This is what I got so far. I am level 40 something now. Breach ring drop almoust in each Breach, but they are total meh so far, so I just vendor them.
A lot of Breaches close before I even get anything of sorts. I hate that I can't use Breach to the fullest yet. Probably even when my ED will get to full power, because of it's slow pace nature (click Contagion, click ED, wait until ED's slow projectile hits target, wait until target dies, wait until Contagion will spread), I won't be able to reap the best rewards out of Breaches. :(
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 3, 2016, 11:37:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info