Really need to tone down those lightning breach mobs.

"
Xavathos wrote:

I didn't mean to make you believe that I think it isn't hard or even ridiculous at times. I just welcome the challenge and I'm sure those with enough determination will overcome this. It might not be with CI/BF who knows.

Not saying that this is for everyone. I feel bad for people casually picking up the game for the first time. What a brutal welcome if ever there was one.

What I am desperately trying to get across is that breaches are not doable for non-meta builds in higher tier maps at all. There is no challenge in being build gated from doing content. It's an excercise in futility, and the only challenge to speak of is for how long you'll be able to trick yourself into believing you make things work based on a theorycraft that looks good on paper, while at the same time it's laughable compared to what CI+VP can do with minimal effort and investment.

Your determination doesn't matter in this respect. Try as you might, get to tier 10 maps with a somewhat properly geared build and open up a breach. Pretty much all you will be able to do is run away from it. 5k life isn't gonna matter anymore, max block and spell block also won't help you much.

I've taken my time to put a spreadsheet to use in order to figure out how much damage actually gets through to me, including flasks and whatnot. Forget it, literally. If like 14-16 % of the overall damage in a breach is enough to melt me in less than 4 seconds there is a problem already. and that's speaking from the perspective of all forms of breaches, not counting the chaos one, which I did not see as of now.

If I would limit my spreadsheet to lightning breaches exclusively, and consider the average damage of mobs in tier 10 or higher maps, while also factoring in how much more damage breach mobs do, I wouldn't even be able to handle those with a level 20 vaal grace up, and I kinda know my shit alright.

Unless things get changed I'm done with this league, and probably with the game as a whole. If path of meta is all they're gonna give us, it's time for me to hightail the fuck out and play another game, which by the way I am already doing at this point.

Just to give you an idea where I'm coming from, I play japanese bullet hell shmups competitively, my eyes are used to screen clutter and overwhelming odds more than anything else. I can handle shit without panicking alright, but I know when something is out of whack, and absurdly overtuned.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
It is ok, I will wait 2-3 weeks and come back to this thread and ask if you are facerolling breeches on t15 corrupted maps.

And yes, I have around 30 deaths to breaches only. But I'm slowly learning and adapting.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
It is ok, I will wait 2-3 weeks and come back to this thread and ask if you are facerolling breeches on t15 corrupted maps.

I do hope I'll never be caught facerolling breeches actually.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 5, 2016, 8:28:18 AM
I stopped touching breaches half way through Cruel. The insane amount of enemies and incoming damage is just too much to survive. The lightning ones are bad, but all of them need to be fine tuned. On top of that, the loot is garbage. The chests have contained nothing but white or blue items.

They do need to tone it down. I got one of those unique breach things and honestly I don't know why I didn't die. I have died more in this league than in any since I was a n00b.
Censored.
While I agree with some of your post I think you went a little overboard with the whining. I think they should tone down the spawn of the mobs in the breach perhaps making the lower amount have more health or something to make it a challenge. I only say this because that much spawning lags something awful and lag shouldn't be one of the main functions of a breach lol. Now it may be my isp (comcast) or something else. I am pretty sure it is not my computer I just built last year with i7 5820, 16g ram, 2 ssd in raid 0 and a titan x video card. (not trying to brag about my pc just wanted people to know I am not playing on a piece of junk) Anyways just my two cents.
The biggest issue with some of these breaches is not the mobs.

1) Visibility for the most part is complete ass. Not sure what ground effects are in play... am I shocked? Am I chilled? (...who cares spam pots and pray)

2) Initial spawn volatility: Sometimes you hit the breach and 2 monsters spawn. Yesterday I hit a breach on a double damage Gorge map and literally over 100 mobs were in my screen in the matter of 8 seconds. My frames went to hell but I kept spinning and came out on top, but literally my comp was a slide show. Breaches need more consistancy on mob count and mob type. Opening a breach to 2 invulnerable minions is not fun.
Something fucking ridiculous is that they sometimes tune up the damage of some situations so much that it's "get shock immunity or GTFO or die", basically.

A good example of why immunities are bad.

If we could differenciate our skills from the monsters ( Hello CwdT vortex setup in Tul breaches -__-" )
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I thought the LR was bad you guys should see the Ice ones in super high end red maps with stupid mods it's so fucking stupid.

Thank god for the nerf.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I thought the LR was bad you guys should see the Ice ones in super high end red maps with stupid mods it's so fucking stupid.

Shit yes, even before red maps. That's the reason I abandoned the meat shield approach, ice blades would just bounce off my pets and autotarget me, every map is a chain map if you get ice breach.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info