Really need to tone down those lightning breach mobs.

"
If I didn't have my instant leech I'd probably be leaving the league right now honestly lol things hit way too hard

Way way too hard.

its manageable at least in low tier maps. I probably didnt get far enough yet tho.

but those ground effects are fucking AIDS visually. cant see anything.

and those spike shits that block the movement are also aids. I wouldnt mind them IF we didnt have a million mobs swarming down in a visual clusterfuck. as is, I went from loving cyclone for edge breach clearing to basically shelving it for now.
"
If I didn't have my instant leech I'd probably be leaving the league right now honestly lol things hit way too hard

Way way too hard.

Yeah i feel like i picked a really bad league to make a trapper for sure. LOL
I was thinking the same thing a leech build probably can negotiate these a bit better. But ive managed but getting well into maps now its getting harder as well. What i cant imagine is popping them in T13-15 maps with crazy 8 mods from a vaal orb... Thats gonna be rough for me im thinking.

And ive found out trying to go outside the breach circle is NOT gonna save you either... Ive been decimated twice now doing that from invisible mobs i guess spawning to appear once the breach reaches them but they cant be seen quite yet. And im talking well outside the circle at that. And whats interesting is its not all breaches either.. Some are very tame and dont really have that many mobs coming at you while some... good god man you get surrounded by 50 in almost an instant after hitting the thing. Dont even have to time to throw a cluster a traps down to make a safe spot at that point and escape isnt an option either.. its at that point you know.. you fucked up.

Fun League and its definitely a challenge. But some of the breaches could be toned down just a little bit on the density. And when im talking about density im talking about seeing these densities BEFORE MAPS! I haven't even seen what the density looks like on some of the 30-40% PAck size maps yet... I probably won't even bother opening then either to find out if im over lvl 85 and over 50%+ Exp.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 5, 2016, 5:10:38 AM
I've not been playing much this league yet, but so far .... one char lost to a complete game crash, only lvl 30 but still, and breaches .... just destroy my fps too :/.

Beyond seem way too fucking rippy, I might just avoid it until they change something, or just avoid the breaches in beyond maps maybe.
What happens if ones pop a portal right after the breach opens and leave the area ? The breach stops ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
They dont need to tone it down at all, they just need to make the rewards worth it.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
They dont need to tone it down at all, they just need to make the rewards worth it.

No they do and this is coming from fucking ME out of me out all of people.

It's fucking stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
toyotatundra wrote:

No they do and this is coming from fucking ME out of me out all of people.

It's fucking stupid.

+1 it really is fucking stupid - my Blade Flurry Assassin is getting rekt in Cruel ffs by this crap - doesn't seem to matter what I do. Not going to bother with any more breaches for a while. Fuck em.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
toyotatundra wrote:

Some of the best drop rates I've ever seen isn't worth it?

It's a genuine challenge and I like it. Call it forcing meta builds if you want. Meta builds would be popular anyway. That's why they call it meta.

You can still play your own builds, I do. You just have to squeeze every single drop of potential out of it to make it work. Finally a league where it rewards the hours spent in spreadsheets theorycrafting. And there's BF for those who want casual. Prepare your virtual wallet though.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:

It's a genuine challenge and I like it. Call it forcing meta builds if you want. Meta builds would be popular anyway. That's why they call it meta.

You can still play your own builds, I do. You just have to squeeze every single drop of potential out of it to make it work. Finally a league where it rewards the hours spent in spreadsheets theorycrafting. And there's BF for those who want casual. Prepare your virtual wallet though.

"Popular" and forced are two vastly different things. Open up a breach in map with +4 mods, one or two of them being a damage mod of some sort, and you'll quickly realize that your "squeezing out every single drop" isn't gonna do you any good anymore.

There's no way people can do breaches without CI/VP in higher tier maps in a reasonable fashion. I ran a build with 20k evasion (About 60% chance to evade attacks), dodge and spell dodge, and elemental status immunity, I was behind a frostwall literally all the time, and all that is without counting in flasks. The relatively low amount of damage that still made it through to me was enough to melt me in split seconds.

My build could clear Apex of sacrifice already, but breaches in lower tier maps just crushed me. There's no way that the theorycrafting of yours will carry you through all the shit that currently lies ahead of you if you play a non-meta build. Face the facts before getting too excited about being "challenged", you haven't seen later map tiers yet, you didn't consider map mods in your equation, and you probably won't be going to create a non-meta build that can stack layers and layers of defenses without sacrificing the much needed damage that enables you to clear in a half decent manner to begin with.

Nah, don't gimme that nonsense. If you can't tell by now how insane breach mobs will scale in later maps, then I don't know what to tell you quite honestly.

This ever returning argument of "you can play another build" is also something we need to get it over with. Yeah, people can play a non-meta build, farm shards in merciless dried lake, if at all, only to then enter a breach lord's domain to get their rear ends blasted by the boss, provided they even make it this far, because of how unforgiving the domains are with their timers.

With the usual overall clearspeed in mind, I couldn't care any less about the drop rates, the only interesting thing are the shards. When a non-meta build is virtually unable to acquire these later in higher mapping tiers, then what's the point of the league mechanic? The few racers that made it to the highest tiers of maps have been avoiding breaches the majority of time as well, and those guys sure as shit play meta builds.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:

"Popular" and forced are two vastly different things. Open up a breach in map with +4 mods, one or two of them being a damage mod of some sort, and you'll quickly realize that your "squeezing out every single drop" isn't gonna do you any good anymore.

There's no way people can do breaches without CI/VP in higher tier maps in a reasonable fashion. I ran a build with 20k evasion (About 60% chance to evade attacks), dodge and spell dodge, and elemental status immunity, I was behind a frostwall literally all the time, and all that is without counting in flasks. The relatively low amount of damage that still made it through to me was enough to melt me in split seconds.

My build could clear Apex of sacrifice already, but breaches in lower tier maps just crushed me. There's no way that the theorycrafting of yours will carry you through all the shit that currently lies ahead of you if you play a non-meta build. Face the facts before getting too excited about being "challenged", you haven't seen later map tiers yet, you didn't consider map mods in your equation, and you probably won't be going to create a non-meta build that can stack layers and layers of defenses without sacrificing the much needed damage that enables you to clear in a half decent manner to begin with.

Nah, don't gimme that nonsense. If you can't tell by now how insane breach mobs will scale in later maps, then I don't know what to tell you quite honestly.

This ever returning argument of "you can play another build" is also something we need to get it over with. Yeah, people can play a non-meta build, farm shards in merciless dried lake, if at all, only to then enter a breach lord's domain to get their rear ends blasted by the boss, provided they even make it this far, because of how unforgiving the domains are with their timers.

With the usual overall clearspeed in mind, I couldn't care any less about the drop rates, the only interesting thing are the shards. When a non-meta build is virtually unable to acquire these later in higher mapping tiers, then what's the point of the league mechanic? The few racers that made it to the highest tiers of maps have been avoiding breaches the majority of time as well, and those guys sure as shit play meta builds.

I didn't mean to make you believe that I think it isn't hard or even ridiculous at times. I just welcome the challenge and I'm sure those with enough determination will overcome this. It might not be with CI/BF who knows.

Not saying that this is for everyone. I feel bad for people casually picking up the game for the first time. What a brutal welcome if ever there was one.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
the secret to beating them is basically spell block stacked high or spell block with some sort of life or es on block.

I actually stand right on top of some of deadly lightning testicles just because they hit so many times per-second that i actually gain hp from the bone offering blocks

i haven't been leaning so hard on bone offering in ages

but yeah..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info