Mjölner builds - still viable?

What will happen to mjølner builds now, are one of the most popular builds among almost all classes a thing of the past? This seems like quite the significant nerf

- First as title states are they still viable at all?

- If they are most builds had all ready changed from two triggered spells to one spell and a support gem like controlled destruction say. This seems like a no-brainer now.

- Are there mjølner builds out there that are not as affected by the change? (haven't read through them all in detail)

- What kind of changes would you make to a mjølner build if you still think it can work? Seems to me like less focus on attack speed and more on dmg increasing mods and and passive nodes would be necessary as diminishing returns on attack speed are way more significant now. Problem is in what way would you increase your damage? Triggered spell and mjølner attack are affected by different modifiers. Would maybe lightning strike and +% dmg to lightning work (with lots of other boosts to dmg like +# phys dmg on gear as mjølner base dmg is so low? and try to hit those notables that boosts both spell dmg and phys dmg and/or attack speed.)

Maybe some still has a build that would work. would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 10:44:56 PM
So far, I have to say no. Using a similar setup to before (Ball Lightning + Spell Echo + Elemental Focus), with Ground Slam as my proccing skill, and Orb of Storms + CoH + Conductivity and Herald of Thunder as support skills.

I did move it from a Juggernaut to an Inquisitor to get more crits and more damage at the cost of survivability. Unfortunately it didn't help. Although Orb of Storms, HoT and Ground Slam are still contributing their bit,the proc rate of any socketed spell is only 40% of what is was, so that is a major chunk of damage gone. I'd guess my clear speed is only about 50% of what it was, and boss killing is maybe 25%. This is just a rough guess.

I don't know if Mjolner was just collateral damage in slowing down Cospri's or Discharge, but it is fairly dead now. RIP one of the more interesting uniques in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info