If Piety was changed to a black woman would you be offended?

I wouldn't care but there are some that would complain just like this article about Santa.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/mall-of-america-welcomes-its-first-black-santa-claus-170705565.html?client=safari

I'm considered Caucasian/European and I wouldn't care... but others wow would.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 3:38:36 AM
People only care for the reason it's done... if people didn't make such a big deal about what race they are and how great their race is, no one would care
"
solwitch wrote:
I wouldn't care but there are some that would complain just like this article about Santa.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/mall-of-america-welcomes-its-first-black-santa-claus-170705565.html?client=safari

I'm considered Caucasian/European and I wouldn't care... but others wow would.

Do you not see that by phrasing the question like that, you are encouraging racism?

By even starting this thread, and then telling us how you don't care twice, you're basically saying the opposite by implication.

Why is this even a thread? Who cares?

Please start another thread about Piety being a pagan. Or a transsexual. Or someone who once parked in a disabled bay. Or has a minor criminal record.

If piety were changed to an aunt jemima looking mf with a basket of watermelon wedges then yeah I'd be offended but if it was the same character model with a darker skin tone I probably wouldn't even notice.
Offtopic is that-a-way, friend.
I m not racist and therefore I would not be?
I'd be more offended at the intent to offend than the action intended to offend.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
im with morgan freeman on this one....which is the way to stop racism is to stop talking about it.

the whole reason why piety or santa would whoever would need to be changed to be a black person is racism.
The fact that you assume *her* gender is more offensive.... grrr.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Wait. Piety is a woman?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info