Always these cwdt noobs

Hello guys,

I try to improve in this game but im still have much to learn.
I play ranger tornado shot build and try to keep close to the NeverSink's guide.
I want to create two cwdt items with 4 linked sockets.

One high level ( = needs half of my hp to trigger) CWDT with IC, ID, EC.
I know that EC doesnt work with CWDT anymore and i have to use it by myself but it profits by the ID.

I dont know what i should use in the 2. cwdt. (low level cwdt)
I like the combination artic breath and gmp but i dont know what gem i should use as 4.
On another 4 linked item i have COH with assasins mark, herald of ice and haste, so i think it is not worth to use on the low level cwdt item another curse like enfeeble.

What should the low level cwdt item look like?
Does it make sense to put another IC in it or are there problems because I already have a IC in the high level cwdt?

Thank you for your answers :)
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 3:34:48 PM
Endurance charges gained from EC do not last longer with Increased duration. If you were going to link EC with something, i would link it with Increased aoe.

As for 4-linking CWDT: CWDT + IC + ID + Golem is hard to go wrong with.

With COH, why not use herald of thunder + COH + assassin's mark +aoe/enlighten/duration

So do you suggest that i should only use 1 cwdt?
Does this mean i dont need EC? i thaught EC is like a panic button when i lose fast many hp.

How does enlighten help in the COH?

"
Klassenliste wrote:

So do you suggest that i should only use 1 cwdt?
Does this mean i dont need EC? i thaught EC is like a panic button when i lose fast many hp.

How does enlighten help in the COH?

It reduces the reservation from the herald
U MAD?
"
Ptyochromis wrote:
Endurance charges gained from EC do not last longer with Increased duration. If you were going to link EC with something, i would link it with Increased aoe.

Inc. Duration does, however, increase the duration of the shout's natural health regen. In a few cases it can be worthwhile, especially if you're starved for sockets and trying to combine things.

"
Ptyochromis wrote:

As for 4-linking CWDT: CWDT + IC + ID + Golem is hard to go wrong with.

Why does everyone put their golems on CWDT triggers? That requires keeping the golem very low-level, which means its buff is almost completely worthless and it doesn't survive long enough for the buff to be worthwhile anyways.

"
Ptyochromis wrote:

With COH, why not use herald of thunder + COH + assassin's mark +aoe/enlighten/duration

Inc. AoE and Duration both would increase the reservation cost of the Herald, which gets clunky. They're not typically valid options.

ANYWAYS.

I tend to favor Vortex as a CWDT option. It leaves much longer-lasting patches of Chilled Ground than Arctic Breath does, good for kiting enemies into/through, and without the need for GMP to boot. It does have significantly less total ground coverage, though. Beyond that, some folks link specific buffs into their CWDT, like Blood Rage or Tempest Shield. I don't think Blood Rage is a good fit for CWDT bow builds, though - better to keep that hard-cast, and obviously Tempest Shield is out. Hmm.

You could do CWDT > Vortex > Inc. Duration > Vaal Lightning Trap, for long-lasting ground shocks and some defensive Chills in a CWDT mix set-up. That sort of thing's a popular option for cracking hardened bosses. I have no idea what NeverSink's Tornado Shotter looks like, but if you're going dual CWDT, that'd be one way I'd try to set it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info