Why is Inquisitor that strong? dont understand mechanic..

"Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances"...

Ok so, only few mobs have 70-85 % fire res afaik. With this Asc EVERY mob is threated as 0 % fire res with on cs. ok.

But i dont get it, why should this be better than any same built using EE, dual curse (FlammEle Weakness) and maybe a fire pen. gem linked? Which all isnt that difficult to get on my char.

Dont know the calculation, but with EE, dual course and about 50 % penetration every mob is far below that 0 % resistances or? (surely if not hexproof)

Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 1:38:06 PM
It's powerful because you don't need to invest in Resistance reduction from Curses and EE to get everything to 0% Resists, is the thing. Those Passives and Gems can go into more defense (Enfeeble is a god-king) or offence (more Crits more better).
Additionally, it's remarkably powerful for rainbow damage builds; EE is kinda bad if you deal two or three Elemental damage types, Pen is always mono-type, and there's only one multi-type Resistance Curse. Being able to stack any type of Elemental Damage without having to worry about Resistances is good shit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 2, 2016, 11:07:48 AM
"
ILIAS wrote:
"Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances"...
Ok so, only few mobs have 70-85 % fire res afaik. With this Asc EVERY mob is threated as 0 % fire res with on cs. ok.

Trash is easy to kill on just about any competent build. Inquisitor builds aren't looking to score big on critters, they're looking to cut through the usual boss mega-resistances.

"
ILIAS wrote:

But i dont get it, why should this be better than any same built using EE, dual curse (FlammEle Weakness) and maybe a fire pen. gem linked? Which all isnt that difficult to get on my char.

Think about it - you can go dual curse with Elemental Weakness and a curse of your specific element, an EE trigger skill, a penetration gem in your skill set-up...

Or you can go Inquisitor, scale crit, and not have to do any of that. You can dual-curse with Enfeeble and Warlord's Mark instead for defense and sustain (or use Assassin's Mark, as will typically be the case, and still have room for a defensive curse as well), you don't have to fiddle with EE, you don't have to use a penetration gem...

Inevitable Judgment saves you an enormous amount of opportunity cost in a build and lets you use all the things you'd normally devote to resistance penetration on better defenses or MOAR DAMAJ instead.

"
ILIAS wrote:

Dont know the calculation, but with EE, dual course and about 50 % penetration every mob is far below that 0 % resistances or? (surely if not hexproof)

You'd be surprised. Some bosses are assholes. But again - the idea is to not have to do any of that and get back two thirds of your build to do other stuff with. That and most people 'round here are passionately in lust with crit anyways and will poopoo all over any build that isn't a crit build, so they don't even really have to change what they're doing. They get crit anyways because it's what they do, and that crit gets them free 100% resistance penetration. Why not?
"
1453R wrote:
Trash is easy to kill on just about any competent build. Inquisitor builds aren't looking to score big on critters, they're looking to cut through the usual boss mega-resistances.

Ah yes, that mega 35-45% Elemental Resists... :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Hey, I don't know how high boss resistances are! Besides, there's also map mods and such to think about at times, and occasional resistance auras. 'Sides, people complain like mad about how critter resistance is so high and elemental damaj is SO YOOSLESS unless they get nutty quadruple-penetration nonsense like EE dual-curse and a pen gem to get through it, I figured bosses and the like were closer to player crit-capped than not.

...yeahIknow. Shut up, 1453.
lol, I'm reading Inquisitor skills...

Making me feel like an idiot playing my build as an Assassin.
Main reason is bosses having curse reduction along with stacked resistances. I'm not actually 100% sure on this but I believe lots of end game boss have overcap resistances so you cant just remove all their resistances with curse or EE alone. D2 did this also to combat the amount of cold pen sorc had or palands with conviction aura. Kinda the same way players can overcap for eleweakness mod by stacking 170% resistances 35% over what they'd normally need.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
I'm not actually 100% sure on this but I believe lots of end game boss have overcap resistances so you cant just remove all their resistances with curse or EE alone.

That's just the thing, though. Map bosses rarely even have capped Resists in the first place, let alone overcap. From what we've seen from datamining, almost every boss is at 35-45% Ele Resists, half that for Chaos.

Rares can be overcapped; a Blaggard Arcmage with Ele Resists is inherently a bit overcapped for Lightning Resist (they naturally have 75% Lightres last I checked). Additionally, the current Resistance Map mods overcap every enemy due to being ridiculous, but that's being changed some.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

That's just the thing, though. Map bosses rarely even have capped Resists in the first place, let alone overcap. From what we've seen from datamining, almost every boss is at 35-45% Ele Resists, half that for Chaos.

Rares can be overcapped; a Blaggard Arcmage with Ele Resists is inherently a bit overcapped for Lightning Resist (they naturally have 75% Lightres last I checked). Additionally, the current Resistance Map mods overcap every enemy due to being ridiculous, but that's being changed some.

Yeah I agree for the most part it wont make a huge difference but when it does it's basically like a 400% more multiplier.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Right and curses are less effective in addition to hexproof and immune ones as well. Inquisitor doesn't care, just cuts right through with 0 investment.

Also Instruments of Virtue is absolutely incredible. Free 30% attack/cast speed? YES PLEASE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info