[2.5] Self-cast Sorching Ray Inquisitor CI

Hi everyone !

I came here to share the build i'll try with the new league. I decided to use Scorching Ray cuz it's a death ray of doom :p So to use it the efficienly possible i decided to use the marvelous Searing Touch staff, all is in this staff just scream "I want to spit death ray !!!"

So for now i had the spell, the weapons well i just need everything else. For the build i have decided to go CI, cause it give me a huge life pool. The question after was, how the hell do i sustain it because you can't life leech with your Scorching Ray. Then i thinked about Zealot's Oath with enough regen from the tree plus the ascendancy Sanctify and Pious Path we can have up to 15.2 % of ES regen so if you have like 8000 ES (very little amount)you'll have 1200 regen/sec, pretty nice isn't it ?

And here comes my skill tree :
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/SYl

I don't know how i will leveling it so if you have any suggestion :)

For the rest of the stuff i think an Eye of Shayula and an Auxium are mandatory for the protection against stun and freeze.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Chayula
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Auxium

For the gems I think I'll go for :
In the staff
SR - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Elemental overload - Rapid Decay - Empower 3/4
In the Chest
OS - Knock back - Increased Critical Strike and Vitality - Discipline

On the four link

Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Elemental weakness
Leap slam - Faster Attack - Fortify - Decoy Totem
Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration - CWDT - Stone Golem

Tell me if you have question (although I begin in build crafting), and if you have any improvement don't hesitate to tell me :)

Sorry if my english is bad :'(

Last edited by Dreggal on Dec 2, 2016, 8:17:18 AM
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 8:16:43 AM
Note that:
Vaal Discipline will not be triggered by CWDR
OS + BL is too much
Faster Casting (stacking) is not a priority against non-boss since everything dies with 1 hit.
70% stun resist while casting from the tree is a better option than Chayula.

You may want to have a look at my CI Ray Templar
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
"
nmc09331 wrote:
Note that:
OS + BL is too much
Faster Casting (stacking) is not a priority against non-boss since everything dies with 1 hit.

Isn't cast speed for the turning speed only and increased duration for keeping the stacks for longer time?
"
nmc09331 wrote:
Note that:
OS + BL is too much

For Vaal Discipline I knew it, it's just because I don't have better place for it.

For OS I think I'll take Increased Critical Strike instead of Blind to proc more often Elemental Overload.

And for the cast speed, it's a very good stat, you stack in less time => more mobility and defense (you can dodge better), if you have to move frequently you have a better dps (more stack in less time) and it's more comfortable because you can turn your ray more quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info