Primordial Golemstones - Awesome? [Y/N]

@Mark_GGG

Hello can you please confirm that the mod "(16-20)% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned" Stacks additively with multiple Harmonies in place? (Similar to but not exactly like Grand Spectrum)

General assumption in threads including this one is that they do stack. However through controlled testing on lv14 golems with no support gems linked attacking the same types of monsters for a few hours, I found little to no evidence that this mod is actually stacking.

In the following examples the assumption is that "You have 4 different types of Golems active" & "The damage modifier is rolled @20% on all Jewels"

In example 1:

Having a single Primordial Harmony in would result in:
(20*4)1 = 80% Increased Golem Minion damage total across all active golems
(20% inc per type * 4 Different types of golems result multiplied by # of jewels)

In example 2:
Having 9 Primordial Harmony Jewels would result in:
(20*4)9 = 720% Increased Golem Minion damage total across all active golems

In my tests I was running 3 golem types on mobs that didn't get one shot by their abilities and repeated the process to account for different abilities, crits and damage range on both the 1 jewel iteration and the 5 jewel iteration. In the test I was struggling to see a difference in damage at the end though and came to conclusion; with the difference of 60% increased golem damage and 300% increased golem damage I shouldn't be struggling to visually record 1-3 pixels of a half health hits, with 240% added inc damage the hit should regularly be killing or making a large visual impact.

So is this mod actually working as intended? Is it just capturing one of these jewel's inc dmg and treating it like a boolean? A lot of these modifiers on the Primordials seem to be designed to stack, and I have not gone through them all in testing to confirm which mods stack and don't. For instance on the same jewel the "Golems regenerate 2% of their maximum life per second" Also seems like a boolean statement so I'd assume this does not stack. If it does it should read more traditionally like "Golems regenerate an additional 2% of their maximum life per second".

As always thank you for your time, I appreciate any feedback from the community and/or Devs!
"
Grim_Zero wrote:
@Mark_GGG

Hello can you please confirm that the mod "(16-20)% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned" Stacks additively with multiple Harmonies in place? (Similar to but not exactly like Grand Spectrum)

General assumption in threads including this one is that they do stack. However through controlled testing on lv14 golems with no support gems linked attacking the same types of monsters for a few hours, I found little to no evidence that this mod is actually stacking.

In the following examples the assumption is that "You have 4 different types of Golems active" & "The damage modifier is rolled @20% on all Jewels"

In example 1:

(20% inc per type * 4 Different types of golems result multiplied by # of jewels)

In example 2:

In my tests I was running 3 golem types on mobs that didn't get one shot by their abilities and repeated the process to account for different abilities, crits and damage range on both the 1 jewel iteration and the 5 jewel iteration. In the test I was struggling to see a difference in damage at the end though and came to conclusion; with the difference of 60% increased golem damage and 300% increased golem damage I shouldn't be struggling to visually record 1-3 pixels of a half health hits, with 240% added inc damage the hit should regularly be killing or making a large visual impact.

So is this mod actually working as intended? Is it just capturing one of these jewel's inc dmg and treating it like a boolean? A lot of these modifiers on the Primordials seem to be designed to stack, and I have not gone through them all in testing to confirm which mods stack and don't. For instance on the same jewel the "Golems regenerate 2% of their maximum life per second" Also seems like a boolean statement so I'd assume this does not stack. If it does it should read more traditionally like "Golems regenerate an additional 2% of their maximum life per second".

As always thank you for your time, I appreciate any feedback from the community and/or Devs!

I would also like to know the answer to this. My plan was to eventually run 9 Harmony Jewels with 5 *Different* Golems for 900% damage increase to each golem. Does this not work?
Last edited by ninjaomega3 on Dec 12, 2016, 1:23:32 AM
Reposting this here on this thread.

"
There seems to be some sort of bug with the Primordial Might jewel GGG. When i put it into the socket on my skill tree, the golems dosnt seem to get more hp when i look at the tooltip. Did you guys nerf it?

Edit: I ran a couple of higher maps and seems damage has improved alot and the chaos degen you get from the "beacon of corruption" works. Only mod on the jewel that isnt working atm is the "Golems have % increased maximum life".
Please do respond whenever you have time thanks alot."

Is this working as intended or did you guys nerf that % hp for the golems ;)?
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Grim_Zero wrote:
@Mark_GGG

In example 1:

In example 2:

Going to also ask for confirmation on this. I currently have 10+ of this jewel in and I kind of assumed it was working correctly. Going to test on my own tonight and see if I can reach a conclusion. I will say the Golem regen and Cooldowns are absolutely stacking as my ice golem will just spam roll all day if it can, which is hilarious with minion speed as it often overshoots and then has to roll back.

Edit: Ok confirmed they do stack.

One copy: having a hard time killing rares and blues in dried lake.

11 copies: one-shotting pretty much everything that's not a extra life / es rare

This is with only 4 golem types for the record. Don't yet have the Anima Stone
Last edited by gaver10 on Dec 15, 2016, 6:55:39 PM
DOes anyone thought about chaos golem for phys. dmg reduction and 4-5jewels of primordial eminence vs life jewels?

The question is hanging for me as Im around 48% phys. dmg. reduction and 4,7k life.
But im crit immune so i dont die.
SO my question is what should I try? As of now i have 3jews in primordial eminence for armor bonus. SHould i go for life dmg nodes instead?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
I started making a Chaos Golemancer build but stopped at around level 50 because I just didn't like the playstyle (it was my first attempt at a summoner build, never really enjoyed it).

Anyway, it showed some promise, if anyone is interested is trying it out. The basic idea is to have 4 chaos golems up (1 base + 2 from primordial jewels + 1 from one Clayshaper) and also use the United in Dream sword to give the golems the Envy aura (flat chaos damage added to their skills) and enable them to poison on hit. There are many support gems you can socket together with Summon Chaos Golem to enable poison double-dipping such as minion damage itself, concentrated effect and void manipulation.

You can also do very cool things with Wither. It becomes your main active skill and you use it to tell your Golems where to attack while also debuffing the enemies so they take more damage from the golems and are slowed. You can even link wither with CwC + Desecrate + Flesh Offering to have the offering up permanently (with the help of some duration nodes), or even CwC + Temporal Chains for super slowing.
I think there is some confusion going on here and folks have things ass backwards...

If your running harmonies you need to run multiple different types of golems to get the buff. Running different types means your not going to get the big buff you receive from one type that's 6l.

So whats better? running a 6l flame golem stacking eminences for faster cast or running multiple different golems for the harmony boost.

If your incrementalist you don't need the harmony defensive boost.

Right now harmonies are 12-14c and emmies are 1-2c... ass backwards since eminences boost both you and the golem allowing for some neat hybrid builds.

My take...

NS

Not sure did I got this right, but I had in mind to use Golems as buffers for my witch build. If im using 3 pcs of Eminence, what i understood now is that the "30% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Golems" stacks, so I get 90% from 3x Eminence, combined to "Liege of the Primordial" ascendary passive, i get combined 190% buff from element golems and 90% from non elemental.

My idea was to run 1x Ice, 1x Fire, 1x Lightning and 1x Stone golem.

So if I got my math right, I get these buffs:
Ice: 30 x 2.9 = 87% increased accuracy + critical chance
Fire: 20 x 2.9 = 58% increased dmg
Lightning: 9 x 2.9 = 26,1% Increased attack speed
Stone: 105 x 1.9 = 199,5 life regen

so did i understand this right?
"
MiGiS_ wrote:
Not sure did I got this right, but I had in mind to use Golems as buffers for my witch build. If im using 3 pcs of Eminence, what i understood now is that the "30% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Golems" stacks, so I get 90% from 3x Eminence, combined to "Liege of the Primordial" ascendary passive, i get combined 190% buff from element golems and 90% from non elemental.

My idea was to run 1x Ice, 1x Fire, 1x Lightning and 1x Stone golem.

So if I got my math right, I get these buffs:
Ice: 30 x 2.9 = 87% increased accuracy + critical chance
Fire: 20 x 2.9 = 58% increased dmg
Lightning: 9 x 2.9 = 26,1% Increased attack speed
Stone: 105 x 1.9 = 199,5 life regen

so did i understand this right?

Correct. All sources of "Increased Golem Buff Effect" stack additively, the way Increased Damage does. If you really want to turbocharge a golem buff, get the Eternal Labyrinth "150% Increased Effect of [X] Golem Buff" for your elemental golem of choice. That magnifies the multiplier for the one specific elemental golem you get the enchant for from +190% to +340%, so an Ice golem, let's say, would be 30 * 4.4 = 132% accuracy and crit chance. Or Flame Golem would run from 20 * 4.4 = 88% increased damage. Lightning would be 9 * 4.4 = 39.6% increased attack and cast speed.

Whether this is worth a not-insignificant resource investment for your given build is up to the whims of fate and in-game math, but yeah - every Eminence you can find room for is another 30% golem buff effectiveness, those stack additively with Liege of the Primordial, and that stacks additively with Lab helm enchants.

Sadly none of my wild speculation from the original post of this old necro'd thread panned out. other than Flame Golems w/Might being stupid strong, but that wasn't me speculating, that was Ziggy informing. Too bad. Nevertheless, good luck with the Zookeeper build, man.
Well my "test subject" is pretty different over all from all other Witch builds I could find :D im just testing can I get it working.. using 2H Sword as my weapon, converting 90% physical dmg to Cold etc.. We shall see after i get enough cash to buy the Animal Stone, does it really work or is it just experimental gone wrong :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info