Primordial Golemstones - Awesome? [Y/N]

In case it matters to your theorycrafting
"
1453R wrote:

Primordial Harmony Cobalt Jewel
Golem Skills have [23%] Increased Cooldown Recovery (golems use their own inherent skills more often
Golems have 15% Increased Cooldown Recovery (you can resummons golems faster)

You have those the wrong way around. The first stat is granting cooldown recovery to your Golem Skills (the skills you have with the "golem" tag - e.g. "Summon Flame Golem" is a golem skill).
The second stat is saying your Golems (the fancy minion dudes you summon with the aforementioned skills) have increased cooldown recovery, which will thus apply to all skills they have (at least, the ones with cooldowns).
"
WaterWii wrote:
Curious if and how the aggression mod stacks.
It does not, it's a boolean thing. It using the term "more" is a mistake that wasn't caught because it was added after those stat descriptions were checked off, and it missed a recheck. It will be fixed in the release version to avoid confusion.
"
tomatopotato wrote:
Sorry for the necrobump, but I believe this deserves some re-examination.

Another user on the forums, Shiverwarp, recently hypothesized that
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Magma Ball (the Flame Golem version of Magma Orb) works on a 3-charge system (similar to Desecrate, Frost Wall, etc.) and that the first stat [Golem Skills have 20-30% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed] allows you to resummon golems faster AND reduces the cooldown for various golem abilities. (paraphrased)
I was really hoping we were going to get away with no-one noticing this one before we fixed it. This is indeed bugged - I only found out about the bug a couple of months ago. In some circumstances, the stat for the cooldown of the golem skill will also pass down to the golem. It's not supposed to, and because it's not meant to be doing that, the code to update minions doesn't update it, so it won't always be there, and could potentially stay on them after you've lost the stat. The bug is in the skill specific stats system in general, not just this specific case, but this is probably the most notably bad case. Unfortunately, the fact it affects the whole system means fixing it needs to be tied to checking over everything as a whole, and thus requires a lot of busywork. I also can't proiritise it over 3.2.0 stuff, so I can't say when a fix will be done.

"
tomatopotato wrote:
Shiverwarp and I also feel this makes sense from the wording of the Primordial Harmony text. It makes things consistent with Support Gems as well. For example, if you link Faster Casting to your minions, they will both cast faster and be cast faster.
That is specifically meant to be behaviour of support gems. Not stats on your character for modifying skills.
"
tomatopotato wrote:
Does this have a chance of being considered a valid argument for applying Golem Skill cooldown to golem abilities? :P
No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info