Primordial Golemstones - Awesome? [Y/N]

So. To recap, since the things themselves can’t be linked to at the moment:

Spoiler

(Values in ‘[]’ are assumed to be random rollable ones)
The Anima Stone Prismatic Jewel
Limit: 1
+1 Golem
+1 Golem if three “Primordial”-tagged jewels are also equipped

Primordial Might Crimson Jewel
+30% Increased Damage if you’ve Summoned a Golem in the last 8s (per PM)
Golems Summoned in the last 8s deal [37%] Increased Damage (per PM)
Golems have 20% Maximum Life (per PM)
Golems are Assholes

Primordial Eminence Viridian Jewel
Golems have [16%] Increased Attack/Cast Speed (per PE)
30% Increased Effect of Golem’s Player Buff (pe PE)
Golems have [876] additional Armor

Primordial Harmony Cobalt Jewel
Golem Skills have [23%] Increased Cooldown Recovery (golems use their own inherent skills more often
Golems have 15% Increased Cooldown Recovery (you can resummons golems faster)

As confirmed by Mark, below, I had these backwards. Properly:
Golem Skills have [23%] Increased Cooldown Recovery (you can resummons golems faster
Golems have 15% Increased Cooldown Recovery (golems use their own inherent skills more often)
[16%] Increased Damage per Unique Golem Type You Have
Golems Regenerate 2% Max Health per second

Might: Pretty straightforward but very interesting in the new build types it can enable. Tons of golem damage here, and with the new M&TER supports offering another ‘More’ modifier on top of increasing golem survivability, this could make for some very interesting Master and Servant builds as well as straight-up golemancers. The more aggressive, higher-damage golems can do some tanking for you while you lay into critters with your own boosted spells. Golems have more health so they last longer, and their Asshole-ness means they get in enemy’s faces and can help control aggro to a greater extent than normal.

Also, the Hordes of Flame character archetype is just going to be awesome. Tell me you don’t want to play a Fire Golem Army build with these things and keep a straight face when you do it. I’ll wait.

Eminence: Eminence doesn’t do much for Golemancer builds, but it’s a big boon to players who get into golems for the player buff. Stacking Eminences can lead to very large golem buffs, especially for Elementalists, and the heavy armor investment helps your buff-bot stay alive longer. Can’t CWDT auto-trigger them anymore if you’re doing this since devoting jewel sockets to enhancing a low-level golem’s low-level buff is sort of stupid, but there could be interesting niche builds that like these. I don’t see it being nearly as impactful (or expensive) as Might, but on the other hand you could use one Might jewel for the ‘Golems are Assholes’ A.I. tweak, then load up on Eminences to supercharge your golems’ action speed as a sort of pseudo-Queen’s Escape-y build.

Especially if you’re using golems to supplement your own skills (or vice-versa) given the heavily enhanced player buffs this style of build would net. Elementalist Flameblast w/Lightning golem could be quite excellent with LotP and multiple Eminence jewels allowing for crazy high cast speed boosts from the golem alone, and would have the added benefit of not needing to blow a jewel slot on an Anima Stone. Alternatively, invest in an Anima Stone and use a Taste the Rainbow golem assortment to net a large number of quite powerful buffs, assuming you have the patience to keep your zoo summoned up properly.

Harmony: Harmony is a little weird. Not sure I see where this would be more useful to most builds than another Might or Eminence jewel would be. Golemancers want Might for MOARDEEPZ from their golems, and players supplementing their stuff with golems want Eminence for phatter golem buffs. The golem regen from Harmony is useful but nothing you can’t get from the tree, and the Might playstyle wants you frequently recasting your golems anyways. The cooldown reductions are definitely slanted towards being useful in multiple-Harmony counts rather than as a single gem by itself.

I guess you could use these as a way to try and improve a Stone Golem’s tanking ability, with heavily stacked golem regen and much lower cooldowns on its taunt slam, but I’m not sure where else Harmony-stacking would work, and I’m not sure I see a use for a one-off Harmony in a build that’s otherwise focused on the pretty considerable things Might or Eminence could do for you. Am I missing something?

The announcement thread is, typically, full of naysayers and negative Nancies, so I’m starting a new thread here because these things are super interesting and I want to talk about them. So nyeah.

Build Ideas?

ZiggyD’s Firebombing Golemancer seemed pretty awesome, honestly. Giant Chaos degen clouds boosted in multiple ways by stacks of Primordial Might, great flexibility in Offering skills from Necromancer, and also the great visuals of a bunch of walking fireballs assaulting your enemy. Generosity auras w/Commander of Darkness seem like they could be preeeetty potent in hyper-amplifying golem damage and survivability both, but the best part is that you don’t particularly care if bosses killify the hell out of your golems. You were going to summon new ones anyways, and the more golems die, the more the battlefield is covered in clouds of chaos degen.

1x Anima Stone, and as many Primordial Mights as you can obtain.

Elementalist Flameblast, or possibly Firestorm/whatever else you want to cast, could benefit a lot from a pile of Eminences, as mentioned above. Crank up the cast speed buff on a Lightning golem to ridiculous levels and you help offset the need for tons of cast speed in the tree/no access to Spell Echo. Flameblast doesn’t need a ton of links to do its job, which means A.) easier leveling/gearing when you’re saving for possibly-quite-expensive Primordial jewels, and B.) the potential ability to socket golem skills in your primary linkset if you’re feeling particularly froggy and run Flameblast in a Wyrmsign or something similar.

Alternatively, a Fire/Lightning/Chaos/Stone golem set using an Anima Stone and numerous Harmony jewels could be (the only) good way to use Harmony jewels. Each Harmony would be worth close to 80% increased damage if you have four different golem types active, which could let you go the other way and use your tree/supports for cast speed while a set of three or four Primordial Harmony jewels, with a pile of fast-regenerating golems, provides you a ton of increased damage. And also a very…colorful?...playstyle as all those golems do all their various shenans whilst you Flameblast everything to death.

Inquisitor Golemancy might be an interesting twist for a mashup class. Augury of Penitence is a very nice damage booster for elemental golems, and the Consecrated Ground mods Inquisitor has would benefit golems looking for regen, as well. I don’t think it’s as strong an option as Necromancer for raw minion build (what is?), but Inquisitor is often a bit hard-up for crit chance if it’s running the usual Critquisitor shenanigans. Ice Golem w/Eminence enhancements might help.

Anything else occur to anyone else? Any obvious points I’m managing to miss? Anyone else think these are so much freaking cooler than Grand Spectrum and kinda depressed at how much sets of Might and Eminence are going to cost?
Last edited by 1453R on Dec 1, 2016, 7:11:18 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 9:58:53 AM
I say...

SUPER AWESOME, ziggys build looked sweet

My only fear is that the price of said gems will be super high
I dont see any any key!
Well, the offsetting factors for Primordial Pricing is that this is Blurry's first league as well, so the number of people who'll want to do hipster-y things like Golemancer builds will be lower than it otherwise might be with everyone and their poodle doing Blurry builds.

And second of all, you need a lot less Primordial jewels than you do things like Grand Frickin' Spectrum, and also unlike Grand Spectrum you can mix up jewels if you have to until you get the full set you want. If, for example, Harmony is super cheap but Might and Eminence are heavily valued, you can get an Anima Stone, one Might/Eminence, and then fill out the Anima Stone's requirement with two Harmony until such time as you can afford two more Might/Eminence jewels. Would at least let you do SOME work with a Primordial Golemancer until prices dropped.
In case it matters to your theorycrafting
"
1453R wrote:

Primordial Harmony Cobalt Jewel
Golem Skills have [23%] Increased Cooldown Recovery (golems use their own inherent skills more often
Golems have 15% Increased Cooldown Recovery (you can resummons golems faster)

You have those the wrong way around. The first stat is granting cooldown recovery to your Golem Skills (the skills you have with the "golem" tag - e.g. "Summon Flame Golem" is a golem skill).
The second stat is saying your Golems (the fancy minion dudes you summon with the aforementioned skills) have increased cooldown recovery, which will thus apply to all skills they have (at least, the ones with cooldowns).
Ah. Good to know, and helps explain Ziggy's set-up a bit better. Much thanks, Mark! Will get that sorted out.
Do I have this correct.

if I have 2 x Primordial Eminence Viridian Jewel (0% Increased Effect of Golem’s Player Buff (pe PE) that would be 60% increased effect from each jewel?

Then if I am playing elementalist and had liege of the primordial that it would be another 100% affect or would it multiply?

Golem x {(PE x 2)x2} x liege

or

golem x [{(PE x 2)x2) + l liege]

Am I thinking of this correctly?
No no no.

Gah, I am bad at describing things.

It's not a compounding scalar, like Grand Spectrum. What I meant was that each jewel provides its own bonuses, as opposed to a number of items in the game that provide a binary on/off bonus that don't stack at all.

3 Primordial Eminence jewels would give you 90% total increased player buff effect from your golems, not 90*3=270% increased. Since the Elementalist Liege of the Primordial node is also 'Increased', rather than 'More', you just sum the two together. So LotP + 3 Primordial Eminences would be 190% increased golem player buff effectiveness.

Considering a level 21 Lightning Golem would then be giving you 29% attack/cast speed, and the same level Flame Golem would be offering 58% increased global damage, still seems pretty legit.
SO it would work better to have a few different jewels instead of 3 of the same kind?
Depends entirely on what you need out of the build. Primordial jewel mods don't compound (Grand Spectrum compounds, in that each GS you have increases the actual power of any individual GS jewel, which is why getting twenty-three of the things is broke as all hell) but they do stack. If one set of mods is much more beneficial for your build than the other two sets, then you'll want multiple copies of the one jewel. If your build (somehow) benefits more from having access to a large number of less-powerful overall buffs, then you'll want to spread out your Golemstones and go from there.
It's not compounding like Spectrum, but one thing we did learn from Spectrums was that it can be worthwhile to make a 10-12 jewel build if the damage is high enough. With all five golems and 10 Primordial Harmonies, that's a lot of golem damage.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info