[2.5] [SC/HC] Trickster Critical Flameblast

Hello guys (sorry my english),

I was wanting to do a Flameblast version for Trickster based on critical damage, because I like Trickster and his ability to regenerate mana (Weaver the Arcane) usefull to MoM, but I was a bit skeptical about the skill damage.

In fact, the Trickster's strength is not the ability to inflict pure damage (Assassin, Sabouter, Elementalist) or increase his chances of critical chance and damage (Assassin, Inquisitor, Occultist), but speed, mobility and defense.

After using the Path of Building program I saw that the damage is very reasonable for a level 89 character, level 19 gems no quality, 5L and basic gear with 10 maximum stage in less 1 second.

Level 89, damage against normal mobs using Increased AoE gem:

Level 89, damage against bosses or unique monsters using Concentrated Effect gem, 2 curses and Scorching Ray (-24% of fire res):

So I decided I'm going to test this build in the Breach league. :)

Goal with this build:
- Kill all white and blue mobs just using 1 Flameblast.
- High ignite damage.
- High cast speed.
- Medium budget(5L in Cloak of Flame) and powerfull.
- Tank enough to be viable hardcore.
- Accumulate as much AoE and critical chance/damage in the tree + gear + Increased AoE gem to very largue area and damage.
- The defensive set based on MoM + largue free pool mana (using only clarity max level and AA) + gear + others temporary defenses (flasks + fortify).
- Very easy to play and very fast to clear (Trickster is speed).
- High reduced fire resistance to strong enemies.

How it work?
Basically 1 Flameblast maximum stage per pack, casting in less of 1 second. Your ignite damage will end the service.
Against bosses, unique/rare monster with high fire/elementa resistance, your fire penetration + curses + Scorching Ray it will have much MORE damage.
You'll use Arc + curse on hit + 2 curses to apply the curses.
Scorching Ray + Spell Totem + Faster Casting to reduce more the fire resistance the enemies will be a Wither version to fire builds in this league.

Why Tricksters and not other classes?
1 - I like Trickster. :)
2 - Weaver the Arcane (MoM + no problem with mana) + Walk the Aether (cast speed and clear speed).
3 - Good damage to Trickster and still very good, being less dangerous against reflect (be careful).

Play style
Flameblast to trash and blue. Bosses, unique/rare monsters use Arc (to hit curses) + Scorching Ray totem.
Do not use this combo without criteria. Do not be reducing the resistance of most enemies, only really when you need use, because the damage is enough to clean the trash (white, blue and most of the rares), otherwise you will lose clear speed and can run the risk of dying to reflect .

How much less fire resistance I can have?
Fire penetration level 19 (36%) + 3% fire penetration in the tree = 39% fire penetration

Level 19 Elemental Weakness (38%) + Level 19 Flammability (38%) + Scorching Ray (24%)= -100% less fire resistance.

Bosses has 60% less curse effect, then against bosses you'll have -51,4% less fire resistance. :)

In maps, now in patch 2.5 Elemental builds received buff:

Map tier 1 (white) is 20%, tier 2 (yellow) is 30% and tier 3 (red) is 40%. Buff of 40% more damage in tier 3 maps with this mod. Then maps with this mod is fully feasible (you cannot avoid this) and much better now on tier 3 maps.

Videos
Spoiler
It will be updated

Ascendancy
Yes, Trickster is the King this build. Weaver the Arcane + Walk the Aether is must have. :D

Make your way in order to Weaver the Arcane > Walk the Aether > Patiente Reaper > Swift Killer

Usefull essences to this build
Spoiler
Always use theses essences in high ilevel items: body armour, gloves and shields at least +82; weapons at least +81, rings and amulets at least +81; belts at least +80. All preferably +84.

Essence of Hysteria
Belt: Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances while using a Flask

Essence of Horror
Body Armour: 15% of Physical Damage taken as Cold Damage (With this you can remove Cloak of Flame, you mitigation will drop a little, was 15% physical damage mitigated, to 11,25%, but you can have life and resist, ES, and other things)
Helmet: Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage

<type> Essence of Anger
Other Jewellery: x% increased Fire Damage

<type> Essence of Torment
Shield: x% chance to Avoid Lightning Damage when Hit (more defense mechanisms)

<type> Essence of Suffering
Shield: x% chance to Avoid Cold Damage when Hit (more defense mechanisms)

<type> Essence of Anguish
Shield: x% chance to Avoid Fire Damage when Hit (more defense mechanisms)
One Handed Weapon: Adds x to y Fire Damage to Spells

<type> Essence of Misery
Armour (boot): x to maximum Mana

<type> Essence of Scorn
Shield: x% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
Boot: x% chance to Dodge Spell Damage

<type> Essence of Greed
Helmet: x to maximum Life

<type> Essence of Loathing
Helmet: 7% reduced Mana Reserved (more free mana pool)
Other Armour (boot): x% chance to Dodge Attacks

<type> Essence of Scorn
Other Armour (Helmet): x% chance to Avoid being Stunned

Damage
Spoiler
Using the Path of Building program, level 89 character, level 19 gems no quality, 5L and basic gear with 10 maximum stage in less 1 second:

Level 89, damage against normal mobs using Increased AoE gem:

Level 89, damage against bosses or unique monsters using Concentrated Effect gem, 2 curses and Scorching Ray (-24% of fire res):

The real damage will be shown here later.

Leveling Guide
Spoiler
In begin use Freeze Pulse and Fire Trap and run until act 3 to take Flameblast. With level 3 Flameblast remove Freeze Pulse, but still to use Fire Trap to help until Flameblast be useful to use no this. About Izaro, I recommend always go a little beyond the ilvl shown. Go normal Izaro around level 45 or more. Go cruel Izaro level 60 or more. Go merciless Izaro when you feel safe.

From level 60 you have prepared your CwdT set and farm Dried Lake until level 75.

Before to farm maps, already have at least your CwdT set and your chest (rare armour until have Cloak of Flame).

Leveling passive skill tree:
Level 49

Level 64

Passive Tree
Level 89

Full Build

Unique items
Spoiler
Divinarius

Good item. Spell damage, critical chance and AoE. If you can, use a good rare dagger.

Cloak of Flame

Must have. Great option to hardcore. Nice physical damage mitigation. Well rolled you can have until 50% more ignite damage.

Voidbringer

Critical chance, + 1 socketed elemental gems (put your curses or Scorching Ray here) and procs more easy the new mod to Weaver the Arcane:
Weave the Arcane now also reduces damage taken by 8% if you have spent a total of 200 mana recently.

Or
Maligaro's Virtuosity

Critical chance and damage.

Rare gear
Life, mana, if possible fire damage or cast speed. Elemental resistances. ES shield with critical chance to spells. 2 Diamond Rings and 1 amulet with critical chance or/and critical damage.

Jewels
Rare jewels with life > fire damage > area damage > generic increased damage (it double dips with ignite, spell damage not)

Example of Gear (my currenty gear):
Spoiler
Gear Level 62

Bandits
Oak, Alira, kill.

Links
5L: Flameblast + Faster Casting + Critical Chance + Increased AoE + Fire Penetration
Against bosses use Concentrated Effect instead Increased AoE
+ 6L: Empower

Support skills
4L: Arc + Curse on Hit + Flammability + Elemental Weakness.

4L: Scorching Ray + Faster Casting + Spell Totem + Increased Duration.

4L: CwdT (Level 1) + Immortal Call (Level 3) + Increased Duration (max level, if possible q20%) + Enfeeble (Level 5).

Auras and buffs
3L: Clarity + Arctic Armour + Stone Golem or Chaos Golem.

Movement Skill
3L: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortity
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 9, 2016, 5:59:23 AM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2016, 11:51:10 PM
Updates

Spoiler
-Update 1/12
Fixed initial post.
Adjustments in the sections.

- Update 3/12
Removed Elemental Equilibrium of build.
Modified 5L, removed Critical Damage and used IAoE.

- Update 7/12
Updated Example of Gear (my currenty gear) section.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 7, 2016, 6:58:15 PM
Thanks for the build. I'm currently enjoying your build so much,always wanted to try trickster but had no clue what to play and i don't want to play a witch/templar flameblast :P do you mind to update your gears so that i can figure out what to grab? =D What is the best 4l to use for a flameblast ? Don't have enough currency to make a 5l yet =D
Last edited by eternity5575 on Dec 7, 2016, 6:16:27 AM
"
eternity5575 wrote:
Thanks for the build. I'm currently enjoying your build so much,always wanted to try trickster but had no clue what to play and i don't want to play a witch/templar flameblast :P do you mind to update your gears so that i can figure out what to grab? =D What is the best 4l to use for a flameblast ? Don't have enough currency to make a 5l yet =D

I'm glad that you're enjoying. At night I update this topic (I'm at work now).

I'm level 62, act 3, hardcore Breach with this build.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 7, 2016, 7:31:56 AM
Updated Example of Gear (my currenty gear) section.

I have a dilemma with this build. Flameblast, even without massive investment in damage, is very strong. I'm really afraid of elemental reflect. The breach opens several monsters and at some point I'll have a 10 stages Flameblast appearing a rare elemental reflect. I will add this build Sibyl's Lament or Rise of the Phoenix.
Guides made by me:
Hey I am allso following your guide this season. Really like the playstyle so far currently doing low tier maps here is my current gear.

Looking forward to future updates to your guide, and really like it so far. I play Softcore instead of hardcore btw.
Last edited by washiolka66 on Dec 7, 2016, 10:59:14 PM
"
washiolka66 wrote:
Hey I am allso following your guide this season. Really like the playstyle so far currently doing low tier maps here is my current gear.

Looking forward to future updates to your guide, and really like it so far. I play Softcore instead of hardcore btw.

Nice, but you really need this mana flasks? When I need mana (unfortunately with Flameblast while channeling a spell Weaver the Arcane dont work) I repeatedly press the Flameblast button several times then usually fills everything mana in less than 2 seconds.
Guides made by me:
Here is an update on my gear

Finding myself having trouble surviving breaches currently running maps tier 5-7 any thoughts on what I can do to improve my character?

Currently have 20c but could get my hands on more currency over time.
That's the problem you have? I played a bit with this build in the last few days and came back to play yesterday. I've noticed a problem so far, MoM is being pretty bad without the possibility of Weaver the Arcane works with channeling spells.

When I cannot kill enemies in just 1 max Flameblast (usually blue packs with elemental res and not crit) and get damage my mana falls a lot, because Flameblast has consumed enough mana too.

The damage I've been considering very good, but I'm seriously considering respecing for a non-critical version with Elemental Overlord. Until you do a critical hit your normal damage is less than the critical version, with Elemental Overlord triggered is greater. The problem with Flameblast is more damage = more chances to die to reflect.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 13, 2016, 6:51:09 PM
cool build and well presented, not just the usual 1mio dps flameblast build

i think this tricksterbuild is a good alternative for hardcore players
perhaps one could try the remaining trickster nodes for some serious tankiness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info