Ethics Stash Tabs

Hai guys,

The success of the Bait-and-Switch fooled a lot of people to think we had Ethics when we launched the game back in the Salad days. We were unwilling to resist the sale of rented pixel space because we weren't sure if Ethics were going to stick around for the long term. Now that we've decided to inflict never-ending bloat as a part of the core game going forwards, the Ethics Tab has been greenlit.

We plan to implement an "Expunge All" button for this tab that lets you dispose of all ethics that could be combined at the vendor to the next tier. There will be an option to specify the maximum trashcan to expunge to, if you don't want to sellout your mortal souls.

While we like suckering cash and have put a lot of work into it, we'd love to hear your feedback. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can introduce more self-inflicted bloat. We may not use the suggestions, but we'd rather hear them before it's released while it's still easy to change stuff.

P.S. And then we double-Doubled it!
Last edited by _Kris on Dec 7, 2016, 9:33:33 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 11:34:00 AM
Yep , GGG is playing with fire and if they continue they will end up in the oven .

I actually agree with the OP. I think Chris starting marketing this game as having "ethical microtransactions" but really they are now making buying stash tabs pretty much essential - which isn't ethical in my opinion.

shame on Chris Wilson.
This complaint isn't really very valid when it comes to the new essence tabs given the spatial properties of essences. You could just spend the money on a regular tab and you'd probably get more space for your money. The specialized tab just aids organization at the cost of space.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Dec 1, 2016, 1:12:45 AM
"
The specialized tab just aids organization at the cost of space.

How is that the case when they have stack size of 5000.
"
I actually agree with the OP. I think Chris starting marketing this game as having "ethical microtransactions" but really they are now making buying stash tabs pretty much essential - which isn't ethical in my opinion.

shame on Chris Wilson.

How is buying stash tabs "essential"?
i've got a solution for you, don't pick them up.
You can thank me later.
I have an Alien pet.
First lets talk about the ethics of creating an alt account specifically to post hateful propaganda on a company's website. Don't have the guts to stand by what you have to say? Just rousing the sheep for drama? People act like GGG is kicking puppies and punching babies, but the minute they stop creating new content what do you get? That's right more complaints.

Many people are asking for this type of tab. The people that pay for the game, and support it are all but begging GGG to make more tabs like this. It really doesn't hurt those that can't afford it especially if we are seeing 1/6th spawn rates for essence mobs.

Like it or not the game is going to keep growing. You don't have to collect every damn item that drops, and you certainly don't have to hoard it forever. How many non-corrupted essences are really useful past early game when you just use whatever you find? Three?

That being said I don't have a problem with GGG upping the standard tabs by 1 0r 2 for each account. I don't see it as a long-term gain for them but I don't see it costing them that much either.
"
Ashwin wrote:
"

shame on Chris Wilson.

How is buying stash tabs "essential"?

You start with 4 tabs. One tab goes to currency. And that's only if you don't plan to actually store lower currencies or you buy a currency tab. If you plan to actually save currency, you're likely going to have to make a ton of mules or pony up for more space or a currency tab. Essence rolling into the core game is going to rek people's storage space!

Then you have gear and trading. So good luck trying to manage that with 2-3 tabs and still have any space left for things you may want to keep for later.

The argument that you don't need extra tabs is akin to saying "I know your work is 60 km away but you don't need a car or a buss to get you there you can walk, so the people with cars totally aren't P2W."

Stash tabs are obviously their bread and butter. And while they don't have any direct P2W, like MTXes that double deeps or give you an additional 6 portals, they have a fair bit that provides other benefits in other areas of the game.

Truly ethical MTXes would be restricted to purely cosmetic effects. Anything that crosses over into stash space or trading, IS P2W. It's like competing with Wal-Mart when you're a tiny convenience store. They have the floor space to hold 1000x what you can, why wouldn't they be making more cash than you? You think a guy with 1 tab devoted to trading is going to do as well as a guy with 15?

Just because it doesn't affect damage or touch combat mechanics doesn't mean it's always ethical.
Deliver pain exquisite
I never understood why people get so worked up into a frothing mess over tabs.

Just stop double fisting McDonald's Big Mac burgers for a few days and you will have some spare pocket change for a tab or two.

Some perspective.

1 Extra Stash Tab - 30 points = $3

1 Big Mac for McDonald's on average in the US = $4.80

So, a few times a week, stop stuff your face, and buy a tab or two.

You're Welcome.

Spoiler
Bit outdated but here is your worldly Big Mac cost on average http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/24/investing/big-mac-price/

Making all kinds of gains.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info