[2.5] [HC Viable] CI Summon Raging Spirit

This is the build I plan on running at the start of breach league. This is a work in progress and will be updated constantly before and during the league.

SRS Changes in 2.5
Spoiler
"
"Reduced the maximum number of Summoned Raging Spirits to 20, but we have also increased damage as the gem levels up to compensate. It's intended to be a similar damage output but with less casting needed and less effective area of effect."

Like Blade Vortex in Essence, SRS now has a 20 stack limit down from 50 with increased damage to compensate. The implications of this is that during general clear, we will have a larger percentage of total skulls up. This may be a clear speed buff, but the pseudo AoE nerf may slow it down. We'll have to wait and see.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros
Can do all content
Essences give cheap +3 weapons
CI defense = best defense
Pretty cheap to gear fairly well

Cons
Not T1 clear speed
Is a summoner

Videos
Spoiler
League hasn't started yet, silly! Will add these once the league is under way.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Order is probably:
Normal: Spirit Eater
Cruel: Commander of Darkness
Merc: Mistress of Sacrifice
Uber: 2 Small nodes

Skill Tree

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Kill All
Cruel: Kill All or Alira for Cast Speed. (will most likely go kill all because of the 2.5 changes)
Merc: Kill All

Gems
Spoiler

Main Link
Spoiler

In order of importance

• Summon Raging Spirits
  • Spell Echo (may not be needed due to the changes. Will update)
  • Minion Damage
  • Melee Splash (swap in Multistrike for single target)
  • Melee Physical Damage
  • Added Fire / Empower (empower is only better at lvl 4)

Auras
Spoiler

• Hatred
  • Generosity

• Discipline
  • Clarity
  • Haste
  • Enlighten

Elemental Equilibrium & Curse
Spoiler

• Orb of Storms
  • Curse on Hit
  • Elemental Weakness

Offering and Vaal Skills
Spoiler

• Vaal Haste
  • Vaal Discipline
  • Flesh Offering
  • Increased Duration

Lightning Warp
Spoiler

• Lightning Warp
  • Faster Casting
  • Less Duration

Misc
Spoiler

• Desecrate
  • Summon Lightning Golem

Note: These don't have to be linked.

I am not planning on running a CWDT + Immortal Call setup. If you'd prefer to have it, swap the lightning warp links out for CWDT and Immortal Call and use the last free link for Flame Dash for movement.

Easy 5L +2 Staff To Start League
Spoiler

It should be noted that I'm not exactly sure how long it will take to get the Essence since the spawn rates were changed when they were added to the main game. However, they also made them more likely to spawn as higher tier so the difference may not be as bad.

Leveling
Spoiler
SRS is pretty viable to level with; not T1, but probably T2 leveling speed. Start life based and switch to CI around 68-70 or whenever you feel comfortable. While leveling, definitely pick up convenient health nodes (like Heart and Soul and Melding) and respec out of them when making the switch to CI.

A +1 to Fire weapon really helps speed up the leveling process. The recipe is Blue Sceptre/Wand + Ruby Ring + Alt Orb. Look for 3 linked weapons at the vendors to use this recipe on. SRS doesn't really care about the actual stats of the weapon (at least for leveling).

Feel free to respond with any feedback or questions!
Last edited by Thage95 on Dec 1, 2016, 5:55:49 PM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2017, 2:21:21 PM
Reserved
Reserved
Spell totem and Curse on Hit do not work together :(
Hey I have never played a summoner before and I am interested with playing SRS this upcoming league as my starter as well. I was wondering what kind of gear I should be looking for and prioritizing for the build?
Won't CI SRS be a lot harder to gear for now? Essence appearing less to get +3bow.
And as a league starter how would you go about it before getting soulstrike and +3bow?
"
MrNeskOne wrote:
Won't CI SRS be a lot harder to gear for now? Essence appearing less to get +3bow.
And as a league starter how would you go about it before getting soulstrike and +3bow?

Harder to get, but the +3 is not necessary until the very end of content. A regular +2 with some cast speed will still be stupid easy to get very early on. Soulstrike will likely be easier to obtain as the nerf will drive some players to seek other options.
"
d_pelton wrote:
Spell totem and Curse on Hit do not work together :(

I did not know this, thanks! Updated
"
MrNeskOne wrote:

I will add this as a section on the main post, but my strategy will be to farm Jungle Valley for The Flora's Gift. Then use the +2 Essence on it. I probably won't bother with a bow until I get one 6 linked.
"
Chances09 wrote:
Hey I have never played a summoner before and I am interested with playing SRS this upcoming league as my starter as well. I was wondering what kind of gear I should be looking for and prioritizing for the build?

While leveling, just make sure to have resists as close to capped as possible and get as much life and ES as you can. As you start working to switch to CI, get/craft as much ES gear as you can while maintaining resists. This can be done fairly cheaply even at the start of the league. Ziz made a pretty good video detailing how.

The most important gear for damage is getting +3 to gems on your weapon. I added a section in the main post about getting a +2 staff pretty easily in a fresh league. As CI, it would be ideal to craft a +3 bow and run Soul Strike unique quiver, but that's considerably more expensive.

I'm not exactly sure what other uniques I'll be running. I may wait and see if any of the new uniques are relevant to SRS. I'll be sure to update the main post when I figure that out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info