So is SRS buffed? I can't tell.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
It is slightly slower now in terms of clearing giant packs, but is clearing a bit faster with red map bosses.

+

+ Necromancer asc class + etc etc

Might end up trying one of my near max level minion and totem resistance support gems to see how it goes since that will double dip on the SRS gem damage and from what I get from the gloves. Maybe added chaos damage is not cutting it. Also, maybe I need a level 4 empower AND level 21 SRS to clear map packs faster......
.....but those combined cost me even more than the entire build combined + extra exalts left over for better accessories. Yea, you need maxed investment (go all out on the build) to break even or better.

Spoiler

Seriously though, SRS is fine with me....much less lag when I had all 50 spirits go straight to a giant pack or everywhere creating a mess. Too much particles on top of buffing them up with offerings, which causes a bit of lag explosion when I happen to sacrifice more than 5 corpses at once. Yea, I am going to miss the fun time with an army of spirits raging across the map. This was one of the builds that lagged a bit and caused my latency to go haywire a bit with so many actions happening at once on the screen.

Spirits didn't get any increase in damage effectivess so added chaos is 60% less effective than before. Have you tried Minion speed gem?
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
kaarelo wrote:

Spirits didn't get any increase in damage effectivess so added chaos is 60% less effective than before. Have you tried Minion speed gem?

Nope, but I will try it out for packs and then go with minions and totems resistance support gem on the map boss.

Another thing to note, I am already using Alpha's Howl + level 20 Haste (48% increased aura effectiveness from tree), Level 20 Flesh Offerings, 2 Apparitions unique jewels (might go 3), and Lightning Golem (yea, it does not do much, but I am trying to min-max lol), so plenty of speed there.
I will try to see if I can somehow fit vaal haste somewhere in the build. I know it is a must for a build like this.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 5, 2016, 6:04:26 AM
"
Was SRS clearspeed awesome for this? Is a slower killspeed gonna kill SRS?

It was nerfed. SRS already had slow clear speed and terrible AI, reducing the number of your minions is effectively reducing your map "aoe clear".
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 5, 2016, 6:36:24 AM
It appears the answer depends on how you were using (abusing) it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It appears the answer depends on how you were using (abusing) it.

The abuse is pretty tame compare to that of wormblaster and those pathfinder builds (mostly with BV). This was mostly aimed to improve client (user because of toasters/dsl stuff) and server performance which there are plenty of complaints about.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Was SRS clearspeed awesome for this? Is a slower killspeed gonna kill SRS?

SRS already had slow clear speed, reducing the number of your minions is effectively reducing your map "aoe clear".

It's a slow-clearing skill with a terrible AI, but if they fixed the lag, at least you can play it if you want to.

I'd say clearspeed use be quite Well in par with BV, due to similar mechanics (stop to cast few times rune few screens and repeat) although pathfinder a bit faster runspeed but srs could clear multiple packs few screens apart simultaneously especially on 2-3 screen wide layouts like tropical island
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
from exp (in breach) if you were heavily abusing duration and cast speed .. then srs got nerfed pretty hard.

however the new srs allows you to focus elsewhere.

you dont need haste anymore
you dont need cast speed nodes
you dont need more than say 70% duration on the srs

You can reach the cap effortlessly..
I think that illustrates the problem GGG had. There was too large of a difference between the people who focused entirely on SRS and the people who wanted to use it as a supplement to other skills. They couldn't make both groups happy.
Just hit level 80 last night with SRS in Breach, it's really coming into its own damage-wise. I picked up a Pledge of Hands because they're dirt cheap, so I'm still using spell echo when I probably don't need to, but the damage is pretty decent. Here's my gear so far:

I think Vaal Haste is what really made the difference. I've got like 10 seconds of uptime on it at the moment, so I can keep it up almost 100% of the time. I don't use Haste just yet, but I plan to once I get a +3 BM staff. I think once I get some better jewels, I'll be ready to faceroll some mid-high tier maps (if I can find them).

Also, breaches are super fun with SRS. I basically just run around and keep up 20 spirits while casting flesh offering and Vaal Haste. If it gets really crazy I just flame dash out. Looking forward to getting over 6k life, that should help my survivability a lot.

My character is Maswasnos if you want to check it out. I based it on the Devilschoice SRS guide.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
from exp (in breach) if you were heavily abusing duration and cast speed .. then srs got nerfed pretty hard.

however the new srs allows you to focus elsewhere.

you dont need haste anymore
you dont need cast speed nodes
you dont need more than say 70% duration on the srs

You can reach the cap effortlessly..

Not too sure about the duration part, at least you want those little guys floating around for awhile. It was a definite nerf on the cast speed side. Thanks to that though, I can now use support gem like Minion speed or Minion and totem resistance to get back to where I was pre 2.5.

Though, I will stick to Haste just because I want to give them more attack and movement speed.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 5, 2016, 2:44:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info