So is SRS buffed? I can't tell.

I was considering a CwC SRS before this change but wasn't sure it would be worth the effort. Now with single SRS being more valuable I am definitely going to give it a try. Thinking Scourge Flurry CwC SRS with Zombie tanks.
If SRS AOE is nerfed what I can use like good clear speed skill, assuming that my subclass is summoner? :/
Honestly you'll probably still be able to clear well with SRS. If they buff the damage accordingly, you should have it where one spirit does the damage that 2 or 3 used to do. This also means you can (probably) drop spell echo and pick up added fire, empower, or something else fun.

I'm thinking of the following trash clearing gem setups (gems in order of importance):

**********************************************************************************
SRS-Melee Splash-Multistrike-Minion Damage-Melee Phys-Empower (level 3 or 4)

SRS-Melee Splash-Multistrike-Minion Damage-Melee Phys-Added Fire

SRS-Melee Splash-Multistrike-Minion Damage-Melee Phys-Minion Speed (to help with clear speed)

**********************************************************************************

And for bosses you can swap out melee splash for another red gem, maybe added fire or something:

SRS-Added Fire-Multistrike-Minion Damage-Melee Phys-Empower (level 3 or 4)

That should be absolutely nuts for boss killing, as long as GGG adjusts the base damage properly.
Last edited by Maswasnos on Nov 30, 2016, 8:51:13 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
If only Minion speed support gave more damage multiplier, I would bite on it. As it is, I am testing around multistrike or added chaos damage to replace spell echo.

So far, added chaos damage is giving me decent (still waiting on the damage buff from SRS) damage while having no issue sustaining mana. Multistrike on the other hand gives me more damage, though the difference is not that tremendous, I have mana issues. I will probably end up going with added chaos damage on the safe side.

Let's hope they remember to increase damage effectivess to 200-300% ( doubt it will change at all)
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
I use Anger, Wrath & Hatred on Generosity Support and run 7 auras SRS,

I assume it will be a nerf on the damage if you further buff the damage with your aura.

but swapping out spell echo with another gem could result in "more damage" overall, and possibly faster map clear speed (due to less casting).

Can't wait to test it :)
Standard IGN : Blending_Gor (lv93 bow duelist), MoPor (Lv93 Scion), LungPor (Lv92 SRS ES witch)
HK_Trinity , HK_Shepherd ,
My Shop: 694ES 6L for 35 ex, mirrored bow for 155ex
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/557010
WTT: Gale Fletch(GGRRRB) for GGGRBB or GGGRRB
even though if the dps numbers are change so that it'll stay the same, wouldn't it affect the play style? say that you have the cast speed to summon more than 20 spirits at a time. wouldn't it make the spirits u have currently attacking to disappear if we keep casting? thus, hindering the max potential of dps that can be unleashed on say a boss like atziri.
"Every force you create has an echo, your own bad energy will be your undoing"
"
kaarelo wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
If only Minion speed support gave more damage multiplier, I would bite on it. As it is, I am testing around multistrike or added chaos damage to replace spell echo.

So far, added chaos damage is giving me decent (still waiting on the damage buff from SRS) damage while having no issue sustaining mana. Multistrike on the other hand gives me more damage, though the difference is not that tremendous, I have mana issues. I will probably end up going with added chaos damage on the safe side.

Let's hope they remember to increase damage effectivess to 200-300% ( doubt it will change at all)

What's the damage effectiveness at this moment?
"
Tihi1982 wrote:
"
kaarelo wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

What's the damage effectiveness at this moment?

100%
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Damage effectiveness... this is why I think it will be a horrible, horrible nerf. I was getting 50 skulls without using any spell echo or faster casting gems... so...

yeah. only nerfs. Very sad.

Oh well. This way I won't be tempted to be repetitive and redo an old character. Time to try something new :D
Since GGG removed 60% of the spirits. From 50 to 20, they should increase the spirits individual damage to 250%(from regular 100%) to compensate for the fewer spirits. Just calculated this, though not incalculating spirits travel time.

To the people saying they can now drop spell echo: You would be lowering your own dps. Why, because you summon the spirits alot slower, which means the lost time before you have all 20 spirits active is a huge dps loss. Where you normally would already be at 20 spirits with the spell echo, you would now be at 10 spirits without it. Which means you'd lower your own dps by 50% by not using spell echo.
*The actual amount spell echo adds is a bit more, so you'll end up with something like 12-13 spirits when you could have 20. But I didn't feel like calculating that. The actual loss is something like ~40%*

Even if you got 12 spirits instead of 20 without spell echo, and replaced spell echo with a 20% damage buff support to the spirits. You'd add 12 + (20% of 12) = 14.4 actual spirits dps. That'd be 14.4 actual spirits dps, where you could have the full 20 spirits dps. Though you would be doing more dps when at the maximum 20 spirits, you'll do less dps untill you are over 16 or so spirits summoned.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Nov 30, 2016, 1:18:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info