It is time to be a Raider

"
krofj wrote:
Thinking of going ele ST raider at the start and with currency will go with phys daggers. All i have to do is change from swords to daggers.

think you'd be better off going BF on all counts. BF destroyed ST. tho i think ST is probably funner to play and offers way more mobility, BF damage just cannot be beat right now.

i'll probably make another raider and run a full lightning 11 frenzy hyaon's/doryani's BF build. basically already tried it, and its nice.
however my current dual dreamfeather chaos/poison raider is just nuts with BF. can't wait for the respec so i can clean some things up

i'll probably look to do a bow build as raider now too. not EA because the burn doesn't benefit from the attack damage boosts with frenzy charges, but ya maybe with the inclusion of essence in standard i'll make my full flat cold dmg ice shot freeze bow build as raider instead of deadeye. deadeye doesn't offer a whole lot to it anyway, other than far shot (which is probably hardly in effect) and the +1 chain which is really really nice. however could just make build with piere.
I'll be trying out Raider elemental Blade Flurry on SC Breach. Perma phasing, ele status immune, and 9+ frenzy charges with Darkrays for that 54+% dodge chance. I'll focus on getting as much flat lightning damage as possible and scaling that, so no phys scaling or Phys to Lightning.

Required uniques: Darkray Vectors, 1x Static Electricity jewel, Doryani's Catalyst eventually. Lavianga's Wisdom or Relentless Fury while leveling until I can afford the Doryani's.

Main hand weapon needs to be a high attack speed foil with a crit% roll and a big flat lightning roll. Hopefully WED and multi as well, but that's asking a lot.

I'll run Wrath and Herald of Thunder + CoH + Ass mark for power charges. Ice Golem. Whirling Blades for movement of course. No Blood Rage because we don't need it!

I don't plan on going for Vaal Pact at first, but if I end up needing it for reflect and harder bosses it's an easy respec from my planned tree.

4L would be: Blade Flurry - Inc AoE/Conc - WED - Faster Attacks. Last two links will be some combination of Added Lightning, Lightning Penetration, Crit Strikes, and Crit Multi. I will have to play around with those and see what feels the smoothest to map with.

I'm not sure yet about using a +flat lightning to attacks Vinktar flask. If I'm "Immune to elemental status ailments," does Vinktar still shock me?
I love raider and I'll enjoy the buffs, specially as my raider is full lightning damage. Also wondering what I'll make with those 4 sockets I was running frenzy + inc. crit + pcoc + faster attacks (as you can see my build already had a surplus of sockets as I used 2 QoL supports for frenzy and also blind with HoT+CoH+AM). Any suggestions?

EDIT: probably the power charge on crit is still a thing for that sockets and probably frenzy is the optimal form of doing it. also i'm thinking because conductivity would be overall a better curse for my build than assassins mark but HoT+CoH isn't as realiable to curse mobs, but plays good at keeping charges while mapping. too much possibilities.
Last edited by opmanzano on Nov 30, 2016, 3:21:11 PM
"
Mradnor wrote:
If I'm "Immune to elemental status ailments," does Vinktar still shock me?

no, no downside on vinktars for raiders as long as full frenzy

Spoiler
which now will be even more always then the always it was before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info