Additions and Improvements to Map Mods

no thanks. Hay you like end game? how about, Not going to end game to still have fun? ya... i thought the idea was to maximize map speed, not hender it, and remove maps from players ability to do them. Oh and no taunt? WTF GGG your better then this and you know it. WE LOVE PoE, thats why we scorn you. its for your own good. Please just don't keep nerfing builds. People like to come up with there own builds, we arnt all meta, op- gods Please work on Core mechanics and rebalancing. Poison needs a re-work.

May every one Rip in peaces.

~MaDDworlD.
Can we get something different? This is just more clearspeed meta BS. This meta is one of the worst I've seen PoE exist in. We all love to kill monsters and feel powerful, but when is too much too much?

Sure the harder content, is in fact, hard, but I remember a time when PoE had way more diversity within it's core. I browse class forums quite a bit to look for new builds or creative ideas that are not only powerful but efficient.

You only see the same ones...

Theres not much diversity anymore, and lets face it, the people who probably don't play meta builds aren't the "better" players clearing harder content and making it through the end game.

I think most of the community would agree its time we really revisit the core gameplay of PoE. And who knows, you guys might be behind the scenes its hard to say.

But I think gems/skills need to be revisited, revamped, and completely reworked. The fact that gems are "tiered" in their ability of effectiveness needs to disappear. IMO, all gems need to be viable for any content, or not have them at all.

I don't think gems should only be used for leveling.

Just my $.02 please consider.
I like the skirmishing one. ranged playstyles generally need more nerfs. melee ftw!
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
In Content Update 2.5.0, we're making changes to the modifiers on maps! This includes some improvements to existing ones as well as adding many new ones. Today's news post outlines what you can expect.

Just another reason not to support (EVER) lazy designs. also fix your crappy EU servers.
Nice ninja buff for ES.
This is a buff.
Liking everything here except the always ignite mod.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Yeah.. This is not good. While these new mods are nice, this still doesn't address the main issue with how unrewarding map mods are as a whole.

The older mods haven't been affected at all, and are still unrewarding, especially when combined in exponentially difficult ways.

Agreed. We want something more inventive
than iiq, pack size and the likes. Saw a neat post with some pretty cool ideas a bit back btw, like a guarantueed decent level map drop upon completion etc.
[img]http://s15.postimage.org/ppi19icy3/piggy.gif[/img]
lol... LOL

The best mods from this "improvement" are: Miring (less evasion and dodge) and Rust (less armour).

I have no words to describe what a terrible idea this is. Suddenly GGG decided to nerf even more evasion/dodge characters (which are now pretty schit) and armoured ones. BRAVO!

This is clear message for those with evasion/ armour and with 5/6k life - "go f**k yourself"

And now the comparison between armoured/evasion char with 6k HP and char with 15k ES looks even more hilarious then it was before. You may say - "It is only a map mod, you can reroll it" - yea, sure, but they WILL roll. And what about corrupted maps? Will Zana be able to roll them?

And what about Hexproof mod? - this one should be removed, especialy since we have Blasphemy gem and lots of builds depending on it.
Last edited by s3t on Nov 29, 2016, 11:29:29 AM
unfun
unbalance builds more between them (go pathfinder CI Ghost Reaver, that's the path, exile)
breaks a lot of builds (again)
balance nothing
will be just a real pain to play most of the time (i should go play something else, i know that, gfu white knights)
you give then you take/hammer nerf abilities (similing when you slap our face)

GGG, it's like you have no clue at all how to balance poe and you have no fun ideas anymore, so you bring more poop each patch with addition of more OP greedy uniques/rare mods to compensate (and more shit to put in our stash, thx stash tabs premiums, thx remove only tabs used when you buy new tabs -seriously .......-, yeahhhh f2PAY).

I can't advice Poe to friends anymore and i won't for sure (and i don't know anyone bringing friends anymore).
You're going in wrong direction IMHO.
You're going to super casual players (yeah 1-2 weeks each league and then bbye, huge 0.5% retention ?), already very addicted (not for fun ofc) players like me which stays for bad reasons and (bad stupid habits are difficult to change and you know that, particularly when you have invested so much $ and time in it) and some hardcore no lifers (less and less it seems).

Where are the FUN ideas and FAIR difficulty ?

aoe nuke and gtfo :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info