Petition:Get All Major Bugs Worked Out Before Breach League

lol chill out dude

If they had a fix for it, they would deploy it. Obviously they have not been able to solve the issue yet. Sorry that they haven't shut the fucking game down because you and some other folks aren't able to run the game right now...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
lol chill out dude

If they had a fix for it, they would deploy it. Obviously they have not been able to solve the issue yet. Sorry that they haven't shut the fucking game down because you and some other folks aren't able to run the game right now...

They routinely restart race leagues from scratch, scrapping all the work that goes into the sometimes hours of intense race-grade gameplay that comes before, just to "be fair" to a few top players that reach the bugged part first merely so that those behind them don't manage to catch up to where, for instance, the Weaver isn't reachable, at which point even if the race weren't restarted, the fastest players should still manage to run out ahead by skill anyways. Those who reach the bug first still get practically as much time in the race as everyone else and can still level up while they wait for the fix.

To not delay the league, where those who aren't affected will get considerably more time to get ahead and also be able to enjoy the "first look" aspect of the launch, while those who are are completely denied both, would be hypocritical and unreasonable in context. It is perfectly reasonable to delay a major release when there are severe issues affecting multiple people. Path of Exile is not ready for a major release while an issue of this calibre is outstanding. It is MORE understandable to delay a major content patch to make sure the launch goes smoothly than to completely reset a race league because of a progress-blocking bug.

And your compassionless, selfish, toxic attitude is disgraceful. Why even have challenge leagues if they're not going to be at least somewhat fair to the entire interested player base?

Again, they've had 2 weeks to deal with this.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Alright, well the opposite perspective is also true. I took the day off work, and adjusted my schedule accordingly for the patch and start of league. It isn't convenient for me to change that, so I guess they should just cancel the patch all together.

I would be interested in seeing just how many people are experiencing this issue. That is ultimately what will and should determine the course of action. If the ten people that have complained on the forum about it are the extent of the problem, then sorry... the show must go on. If 1,000's of players can't see anything then, sure, delay it.
U MAD?
^You should visit the bug and technical support section of the forums a bit nowadays.

Pretty sure the number is higher then 10, me being one of those people :)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : to be fair i don't expect a league delay, but i would appreciate some communication around the issue.

So far it's silence everywhere and hopes raised with every patch they release :)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 30, 2016, 4:05:44 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Alright, well the opposite perspective is also true. I took the day off work, and adjusted my schedule accordingly for the patch and start of league. It isn't convenient for me to change that

Now imagine you went to all that trouble and then could not run the game due to technical issues >.<

Sad times.
^Well it's going to be "bad for business" if they release in the current state.

The new clients are extremely unstable for a lot of people. I did a whole afternoon of troubleshooting and figuring out work-arounds.

Worked mostly, could play a bit, only to find a new type of crash i didn't have before :D

Haven't really played PoE since the dx9 and dx11 patches hit, since i encounter crashes left and right and non-functioning program settings.

So feel good if you can play :P

Peace,

-Boem-
Oddly enough I got new troubles with the old dx9 client with the update... namely the same darkened screen stuff OP mentioned.

I say oddly because I can run the dx11 one with acceptable performance. At least I can still play. :/
Well the thing is for many people everything works fine. Fnding the issue in such situations is incredible hard and most games are never able to achieve that on every system. And it isn't even something you can blame them for, there are so many possible setups.

Imagine if 10 people buy exactly the same car and it only works for 7 of them, how would you explain that. It is frustrating on both ends, as a developer you want that fixed and as a player you want it fixed too, but there is hardly anything you can do.
"
SudianX wrote:
Oddly enough I got new troubles with the old dx9 client with the update... namely the same darkened screen stuff OP mentioned.

I say oddly because I can run the dx11 one with acceptable performance. At least I can still play. :/

I can't even run the dx11. I don't know much about this stuff, but i find it odd.

When i load the dx11 client it says something like "failed to loadd3device your hardware cant use this" or something along those line.

But then i wonder, why this pc has dx11 installed. If the hardware cant use dx11 why would it be my current directx version.

Anyway, doing a clean install of PoE as we speak to see if that effectively changes anything. Not getting my hopes up, given the recent patches did nothing and where two days of the launch.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

But then i wonder, why this pc has dx11 installed. If the hardware cant use dx11 why would it be my current directx version.

DirectX is not necessarily related to your graphics card, it consists of many things for inputs and sound aswell. (DirectSound, DirectInput, ...)

I might just be that your card is not able to use Direct3D11.

Edit: Could someone provide a link to the aforementioned thread about black screens?
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Nov 30, 2016, 4:57:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info