[2.5] Blight / Low Life / 10k+ ES / 100k+ DPS

Build updated & much was learned, Occultist is superior for Blight compared to Scion in a 3 character test.

Go to 3.0 build here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1992866
Last edited by Katsuko on Sep 7, 2017, 7:57:15 PM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2017, 9:20:49 PM
Hi, first thanks for the build, it looks very interesting.
A few noob question:
Wich are the passive you first when leveling? in other words can add a mid-leveling skill tree?
Are your legendary items mandatory? if so, are they cheap?
Last edited by Halaster08 on Nov 28, 2016, 3:40:08 PM
"
Halaster08 wrote:
A few noob question:
Wich are the passive you first when leveling? in other words can add a mid-leveling skill tree?

http://poe.trade/
"
Halaster08 wrote:
A few noob question:

I'll be sure to include some notes about these items in the build when I do the next update.

1) I will post a section on node priority for leveling and extend the data in the skill tree portion.
2) I'll add this stuff to the guide as well in the gear section:
-The boots + shield combo make up for a lot of the builds spell block %. The shield also carries a lot of spell damage. Boots are reasonable, shield may cost 20~30+ Chaos to trade for high rolls.
-I'm using the Div for spell damage bonus and importantly the AoE radius bonus. For damage min/max it may be better or at least perfectly acceptable to craft / trade a nice rare wand.
-The helm is cheap and fairly important for the low life damage synergies.
-The body is a fairly irreplaceable to most low-life / ES builds, and getting 5/6L is difficult. 5~10 Exalted Orbs to trade.
Updated Build for 2.5

Highlights:
-Added Videos section and first gameplay video with skill
-Updated damage section
-Updated gear section
Nice build, very interesting...

Any tips for leveling? what level change to low life?

Solaris lorica is good for leveling in low life? skill for leveing? tree for leveling?
Switch to LL when you get Shavronnes Wrappings. Currently 46 and LL just gets me killed. Solaris Lorica gives armor but I guess it might work.
Last edited by Zkull on Dec 7, 2016, 7:11:03 AM
I leveled two characters low life from 1~65ish. The Solaris Lorica is okay, but honestly not great. This is primarily because to really do a low life build, you need to stack Energy Shield (ES) as much as possible.

To do a low-life build from the ground up the most important thing you can do for yourself is to pay attention to your gear in stages. This build in itself is not cheap, mainly thanks to Shavronne's Wrappings. This build is great for a 2nd or 3rd character once you've established a nice little pool of resources to craft with.

Top priorities while leveling a low lifer:
-Keep gear updated with rare ES items every 10~15 levels depending on your skill and comfort level
-Links cannot be underestimated. The sooner you start building 3&4 link gem setups the better. I usually aim to have this done by level 20~25 if possible. If you don't have the resources to ensure 3&4 links by level 35, you probably won't be able to afford Shavronne's Wrappings when its time and the character will be dead in the water. With prophecies & essences keeping good rare ES items shouldn't be too difficult, but you can't be afraid to spend a few Orbs of Alchemy on the way up.
-Keystones: You can wait on keystones until level 50+ when you have a decent ES pool to protect yourself with. Pain Attunement should not be played with until post Shavronne's.
-Blood Magic w/ Discipline should not be used until post Shavronne's.

(going to post this info in the build!)

I am not particularly a large fan of leveling one path then re-specing to another. But, that is just my preference. I found the potion mentioned in my build to be sufficient pre level 60, but would not take it mapping.
Last edited by Katsuko on Dec 7, 2016, 8:35:19 AM
Updated build:
-Added section for dealing with bandits / rewards
-Added footnote section for tips to new low-life players
Edit: (NVM original post). I'm just going to hopefully get a 6L. Carcass Jack or Lightbane Raiment look good for pre-shav.
Last edited by Zkull on Dec 7, 2016, 1:13:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info