Builds by Varcarian

In your Slayer BV build what do you prioritize for jewels?
Currently I'm wearing this setup, can you comment if its good enough. I went for tankier option than the posted build.

I managed to get 6442 Life on this with up to 64% phys damage mitigation on flask, with 50% chance to block on flask.

Did I go overboard with my defenses? Should i drop some defense and pick up some spell damage?
"
Currently I'm wearing this setup, can you comment if its good enough. I went for tankier option than the posted build.

I managed to get 6442 Life on this with up to 64% phys damage mitigation on flask, with 50% chance to block on flask.

Did I go overboard with my defenses? Should i drop some defense and pick up some spell damage?

I guess it depends on how your damage feels, and what content you want to do? If the goal is Uber lab only, I see no issues with the current setup, but it will probably lack damage if you want to do higher tier maps.
"
Are there are going to be any updates to the BV build for 2.6?

Yes, there will be once I get the full gear up and running (6-link etc). A short update is: Went MoM this time around (~700 mana available to tank hits). Went The Gull for shrine buffs which gives added defense and sometimes damage as well. Dropped the Rampage gloves as I am doing some other unqiues + we have rampage from leaguestones this league. Using The Retch belt as it is a lot cheaper this league than previous leagues and it works great with the build - especially for running the lab fast. Using a delirium wand in my Offhand atm as it makes clearing faster in the Lab, and also increases Boss Damage even more. For Maps I still consider whether or not 2x Obliteration wand is better or not, but still uncertain. Still using Cherribum's and Ming's Heart.
Alright, so im trying to think here cause it seems really good and please correct me if it can be a problem. Would running Edge of Madness in alternate weapon slot be good for single target, rather than obliteration wand and broken faith. I mean 1% increase chaos dmg per level is really good especially if level 80+
"
MrKmfa wrote:
Alright, so im trying to think here cause it seems really good and please correct me if it can be a problem. Would running Edge of Madness in alternate weapon slot be good for single target, rather than obliteration wand and broken faith. I mean 1% increase chaos dmg per level is really good especially if level 80+

Highly doubtful, 2x wands gives way more damage just from flat spell damage alone - and delirium does add a lot of damage
Hi, at first I would like to thank Varcarian for this nice build (I'm playing BV), it's really sweet league starter. Then I would appreciate if someone could check my gear and passives and point out any weaknesses:
Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree

I have 6612 hp atm and want to switch Carnage Heart with Mings, but there will be problem with my res (I'm just slightly overcaped). :(

And then I wanted to ask, should I corrupt 20/20 gems and if yes, what should I aim for?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

EDIT: I already changed gear, it cost about 40c and it was definitely worth it ... I would still really appreciate an answer about what gems should i try to corrupt. Thx x)
Last edited by kozelpepa on Mar 22, 2017, 4:16:19 PM
So for the slayer blade vortex do we take mom? i am using it atm and it seems decentish but large hits insta drain my mana pool
"
exqcme wrote:
curious.. what is the order for the ascendancy for Warchief Chieftain build?

Tukohama gives better chance to survive?
or Hinekora for the damage and leech?

I didn't see this answered anywhere in this thread, so figured I'd put in my 2 cents (based on advice I found elsewhere).

Go taunt (Tukohama) then leech (Hinekora). Working well for me at lvl 84..just finished Uber and got Hinekora (totem taunt from the Tukohama branch is SUPER important, IMHO...the leech just makes life easier).
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
exqcme wrote:
curious.. what is the order for the ascendancy for Warchief Chieftain build?

Tukohama gives better chance to survive?
or Hinekora for the damage and leech?

I didn't see this answered anywhere in this thread, so figured I'd put in my 2 cents (based on advice I found elsewhere).

Go taunt (Tukohama) then leech (Hinekora). Working well for me at lvl 84..just finished Uber and got Hinekora (totem taunt from the Tukohama branch is SUPER important, IMHO...the leech just makes life easier).

Thanks Tindraa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info