Standing Rock

"
Maybe the media only cares about minorities if they can race bait and divide the nation when reporting on them. It's hard to race bait with native Americans.

I love it! I'm gonna put that on FB and watch the fur fly. (gives evil chuckle)
Censored.
Where are the calls for a no-fly zone or sending in some "non lethal" aid to these moderate protesters?

Or is the Obamist government only concerned by the well-being of jihadi-islamic terrorists in the middle-east?

Free Lakota!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Go Tulsi Gabbard.

Fuck, yeah!!
Casually casual.

So, Obama finally denied the permit.

This puts the ball in Trump's court. Rather than put his hands up and claim the pipeline going under the lake was not his doing, Trump will have to actually overturn the denial to protect his personal investments in the pipeline.

https://youtu.be/CmY4PtjIZYg
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Dec 4, 2016, 6:15:10 PM
The odious Donna Brazile makes a statement about Standing Rock.

A day late and a dollar short, this horrible, horrible woman has no moral fibre at all.

Where were she and her establishment cronies on the issues for the last few months when it mattered?

https://medium.com/to-the-left/democrats-stand-with-standing-rock-63db92b78538#.t9wm398d6

"
Democrats Stand with Standing Rock

The pipeline clearly never underwent an appropriate review in consultation with nearby residents and the tribal leaders who raised serious concerns about the pipeline’s location. It has the potential to cause devastating, longterm environmental damage, not least of all to Lake Oahe, a major source of drinking water for the Standing Rock Tribe. The construction would cut through ancestral burial grounds. And the harsh treatment of peaceful protesters near the construction site by private security contractors and law enforcement officials, who used tear gas, pepper spray, attack dogs, and even water hoses in sub-freezing temperatures, caused unnecessary pain and suffering while violating free speech and First Amendment rights of our fellow Americans.

The Democratic Party was proud to support the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their cause. During our most recent Rules and Bylaws and Executive Committee Meeting, Democrats unanimously passed an official resolution expressing our solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.

The Democratic Party has also made it clear in our party platform that we believe we have a profound moral and legal responsibility to Indian tribes and we will not waver. Democrats believe that we must respect the property rights of Native and rural landowners, that we must respect the First Amendment rights of protesters and the sovereign rights of Native American Tribes, and that we must invest in rural America in smarter ways that create more jobs in the green energy economy.

Economic development, job creation, and private enterprise are critical parts of our shared American prosperity, but they should not come at the expense of the health and well-being of our neighbors.

Although the Army Corps of Engineers and the Obama administration made the right call this weekend and effectively halted the project’s construction for the time being, the fight to defeat the project is still far from over. Donald Trump, who under mounting criticism over his conflict of interest only recently sold his stock in the company building the pipeline, has already pledged to overturn the Army Corps’ decision.

The case raises serious questions about how Trump may use the power of the presidency to further his business interests. But beyond these conflict of interest issues, this project has been especially troubling for how the corporation in question has stepped on the rights of ordinary people.

As we look to the future, Democrats will continue to stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, we will oppose any corporation that attempts to infringe upon the rights of ordinary Americans, and we will hold Donald Trump accountable if abuses the power of our highest office to trample on those rights for personal financial gain.

I'm disgusted.
Casually casual.

So who unleashed the army & police on the tribesmen, Donald Trump or "The Corporation"? :>

I'm confused cause I thought the Dems & Obama are still in power in the US. Apparently someone else controls the US Army? Maybe Putin.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I mean, everything (well, almost) she says is bang on, albeit too late.

But what she is really saying is that as important as this is, all this wasn't important enough to upset donors until now.

The more of a deal she makes it, now (and there are some 'big deals' used), the more corrupt she makes the party, herself and the establishment.

Not that that is any revelation, but the sheer neck and cheek is just, wow.
Casually casual.

This is just a cold-blooded political trick. The Dems are reassessing the deal, just so they can hand over the final decision to Trump. In either case they will be screaming bloody murder, if Trump continues the pipeline or something else if he stops / changes it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
So who unleashed the army & police on the tribesmen, Donald Trump or "The Corporation"? :>

I'm confused cause I thought the Dems & Obama are still in power in the US. Apparently someone else controls the US Army? Maybe Putin.

The governor, state of emergency and all that
Hey...is this thing on?
more than a river
Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info