Recently Asked Community Questions

so does this mean there won't be a passive tree reset in 2.5?
"
so does this mean there won't be a passive tree reset in 2.5?
reset -yes ,big change off tree -no
Last edited by niknikniknik on Nov 21, 2016, 12:25:13 AM
cool

(dx11 64 bit is excellent btw)
REVERSE BEYOND HYPE!
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Would you be able to tell us how Blade Flurry works while dual wielding? Does each "hit" alternate weapons, use only the main hand, or hit with both weapons?
The skill alternates between the main hand and the offhand for each hit.

If the offhand is say a mace stat stick, will each hit just use the mainhand weapon. I guess it will :) Just checking.
There is only 1 melee change and meta change that needs to be implemented into this game to 'balance' things out.

Movement speed should be part of the calculation in the amount of damage you do.
High movement has an inherent defensive capability within the game. Right side of the tree seems to have more ms%. While dodge, evasion and energy shield metas have surpassed life & armour.

There are a few iterations that could be implemented but the simplest one is:

x% of movement speed is applied to melee damage as a more% or increase%.

Version 2:
x% of movement speed is applied to melee damage as a more% or increase%
&
y% of movement speed is substracted from ranged/ spell damage as a less% or decrease%

Version 3:
3.1 x% of movement speed is applied to melee damage as a more% or increase%
&
3.2.1 y% of movement speed is substracted from ranged/ spell damage as a less% or decrease%
3.2.2 y% of movement speed is applied to ranged/ spell damage as %more or %increase when standing still

Both these mechanics are on a timed buff. Recently standing still or moving triggers the effect.

Version 4:
3.1 x% of movement speed is applied to melee damage as a more% or increase%
&
3.2 y% of movement speed is substracted from ranged/ spell damage as a less% or decrease%

Both these mechanics are on a timed buff. Recently standing still or moving triggers the effect.
Reworking the movement speed available in the passive tree.

The mechanic itself makes sense, a fast mobile melee hero should deal more damage. A ranged hero should struggle with or lose concentration, accuracy or the focus to land powerfull hits on the move.

Naturally this meta shift will also target individual spells ment for close range spell or ranged combat and those absurd large aoe/ raned melee attacks or spells. All these would need some rebalance.

I think my suggestion would change the meta and balance for a more classical role. I do not guarantee that it actually will improve the core game. Maybe the more advanced versions would reduce the gameplay fun. The more mechanics you implement from each version, the more you have to tweak the already existing spells and attacks (rebalance). Also if the bonus and penalty values are larger it would also mean more rebalancing of skills.

I also like the idea of movement speed being more available across the tree. It use to be part of an idea that as an evasion character you would go in and out of combat. This meta is no longer true due to the amount of movement skills we have available, the fact this mechanic never did work, as such, for PoE and the defensive mechanics of evasion, dodge and/ or energy shield have cauught up or surpassed the life and armour combination.

Last edited by Ozgwald on Nov 21, 2016, 1:23:36 AM
hmm
God I hope they don't destroy Blade Flurry before anyone's even been able to play a new league with it properly.

They took an extremely long time to nerf Discharge and COC builds. Thing like Reach of the council still exist too!

It does do more damage than reave, though i'm just happy I can move onto a different melee skill!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
Weapon Range
Melee weapons have the following base range:
Axe, One-Handed: 5
Axe, Two-Handed: 7
Claw: 5
Dagger: 5
Mace, One-Handed: 5
Mace, Two-Handed: 6
Sceptre: 5
Sword, One Handed: 6
Sword, Thrusting One-Handed: 7
Sword, Two Handed: 6
Staff: 6
Unarmed: 4

Why 2h axe = 1h sword but 2h axe better then staff? WTF %)
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
GGG, you say you're tweaking essences ? Does it mean essences are going to stay in standard ? I did not play the league and would gladly try it.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Nov 21, 2016, 2:15:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info