Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

"15 casters" being Blade Flurry Cast On Crit *something*...

but again - that's how GGG work. when the league ends they will butcher-nerf the fuck out of it, then introduce some other intentionally-broken skill and repeat.
and some people will rage and quit because of it. and some people will white-knight it...

it's a cycle which repeats itself for years... I'm just wondering where exactly is the game heading?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Now watch as my last prediction comes true: melee will still suck and bf will be one out of like 2 or 3 in the top 50. With like 15 casters.

You mean, that basically the game will not change much because the patch didn't change much itself ?
Genius call here.
About bf, you will definitely be wrong for SC, likely for HC too.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Now watch as my last prediction comes true: melee will still suck and bf will be one out of like 2 or 3 in the top 50. With like 15 casters.

You mean, that basically the game will not change much because the patch didn't change much itself ?
Genius call here.
About bf, you will definitely be wrong for SC, likely for HC too.

Oh for sc I'm sure there will be people doing it but they will all die a lot so I don't expect to see any bf at the very top. But again I do not believe in balancing anything in a league where cast on death can be viable.

Hc though will remain mostly unchanged by this patch I'm certain. I predict two bf users, either the lacerate guy or the eq guy will switch and we'll have one extra random dude in top 50. The other lacerate/EQ will stay what he was. That is my prediction, 3 melee to 15 casters despite bf addition.

Well find out soon, but I have fair confidence that after every single prediction I made coming true this one will also. I'm surprised you can look at those patch notes and still tell me straight faced that I'm wrong about this. KEK
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 1, 2016, 8:07:43 AM
By prediction you mean the "there will be more casters than melee in HC" type ?
/lol

Sure, that will be easy, you don't seem to realize the different between this new "spell" and actual melees, and what it implies.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I dont get the fuss, been playing with it over last few days. Its rly cool skill, still not as good as reave... so...?

Its fine, its in the ballpark of reave and frostblades, which are 2 of the only melee skills that are even worth playing when put up against bows and spells.

All the talk about it not being melee and whatever, so what? Pointless talk, its an attack skill, its fun, its effective. Tts not significantly superior to reave, fb, spec throw, which are the other options you have, it has to be in the ballpark of those skills to ever be considered, and it is, it does not overshadow them, its fine.
"
Fruz wrote:
/lol

I predict there will be rain in the future.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Fruz wrote:
/lol

Sure, that will be easy, you don't seem to realize the different between this new "spell" and actual melees, and what it implies.

The fact that this skill isn't REALLY melee is actually not relevant in the least.

I'm saying that EVEN INCLUDING this half melee skill, melee will still be all but non existent in hc at top levels of play.

In fact I'm not even that positive on the outlook of sc bf builds at top levels of play either because of the amount of deaths I think these assassin bf builds will have.

You can call it "grabbed by da pussah" for all I care, the point and its corresponding prediction stands
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 1, 2016, 12:13:35 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
/lol

The fact that this skill isn't REALLY melee is actually not relevant in the least.

The fact that a skill isn't melee, not being relevant in how usable it will be in HC ?

Of course not ...
This thread isn't about melee, it's about BF, stop fixating over something that isn't the point of this thread seriously.

"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
/lol

I predict there will be rain in the future.

Please don't .... "I told you so" the next time it happens.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 1, 2016, 12:14:34 PM
I'm telling you this because bf is a weapon skill and weapon skills are shit all over hc. This is why it's not relevant whether it's REALLY melee or not.

It's a melee tagged skill originating from the character that scales from the weapon and thus inherits all of melee's problems despite it not being true melee.

If your argument is that it will do better because it doesn't require the melee char to go into melee range, sure that helps but just look at bow performance to see why that doesn't matter.

All weapon builds are shit in hc unless they come from a totem and those reasons have nothing to do with being true melee or not. Because frost blades and bows would be used more often if that wasn't true.

Honestly you are free to disagree but in 4 days you will be proven wrong. And I will be back to remind you.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 1, 2016, 12:25:04 PM
It is relevant, the other "ranged" attack skills :
- bows => no shield, quite a big downside there, survivability wise
- wands, or spec throw => wands have pretty low single target now, spec throw isn't exactly very strong anymore afaik
- AW : ranged, safe => popular
- EQ : range, very fast clearing, high dps, no need for a big tree investment, easy to get going. Uses 2H to be really efficient, that must be one of the reason why it's not so popular ( since its less strong)

Now what do we get ?
- BF, A "ranged" attack skill, with good aoe, very good dmg and ridiculous single target dps, usable with 1H easily. You can use a shield, and you don't need to spend all your tree in it either.

The melee problem is .. the RANGE and CLEARSPEED.
BF does not have either problem, simple as that, and so does (or did?) AW.

Totem only gives you the range and the safety, which BF already inherently has ( ok a bit less safety probably, well maybe not actually considering that BF can just melt bosses, reducing the risk duration ).,

Have you ever actually played frostblade ???? Do you know the very short range ( big for melee, very short for ranged ) or the very poor single target dmg ?
I don't think so.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Honestly you are free to disagree but in 4 days you will be proven wrong. And I will be back to remind you.

We will be laughing man, and if SC isn't enough for you HC will anyway.

I'm no interested in the stats on the longer run but w/e.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 1, 2016, 12:46:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info