Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

"
Emphasy wrote:

Well actually yes and no. Nerfing one OP gem doesn't necessarily mean you have to nerf others. However if you do nerf one OP gem you should start with the one that is most OP and that isn't Blade Flurry. If you just nerf Blade Flurry and leave Blade Vortex as one example that is clearly above in place it would actually hurt the game health. However just nerfing Blade Vortex would be totally fine because while Blade Flurry is likely too strong the degree of power it posesses is far below that of Blade Vortex.

I would say that even though I expect a lot of Blade Flurry to be around next league (not so much HC, I assume they stick to Warchief Totems, or Flameblast or... something we totally forgot Siege Ballistas), Blade Flurry is likely closer to the rest of the pack as Blade Vortex and it also likely has a bunch of equally strong skills around it.

The only issue I could see is that they leave Blade Flurry and nerf Warchief, Essence Drain, Barrage etc. that are fair competitors for it right now. Another thing to note is that we will get a channeling support, this could push Blade Flurry further.

Yeah I mean, I pretty much agree with everything you're saying so.

I'm just saying, these ppl are calling for nerfs to blade flurry, but aren't calling for nerfs to those other skills you mentioned, and that's what bothers me about this thread.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

Well actually yes and no. Nerfing one OP gem doesn't necessarily mean you have to nerf others. However if you do nerf one OP gem you should start with the one that is most OP and that isn't Blade Flurry. If you just nerf Blade Flurry and leave Blade Vortex as one example that is clearly above in place it would actually hurt the game health. However just nerfing Blade Vortex would be totally fine because while Blade Flurry is likely too strong the degree of power it posesses is far below that of Blade Vortex.

I would say that even though I expect a lot of Blade Flurry to be around next league (not so much HC, I assume they stick to Warchief Totems, or Flameblast or... something we totally forgot Siege Ballistas), Blade Flurry is likely closer to the rest of the pack as Blade Vortex and it also likely has a bunch of equally strong skills around it.

The only issue I could see is that they leave Blade Flurry and nerf Warchief, Essence Drain, Barrage etc. that are fair competitors for it right now. Another thing to note is that we will get a channeling support, this could push Blade Flurry further.

Yeah I mean, I pretty much agree with everything you're saying so.

I'm just saying, these ppl are calling for nerfs to blade flurry, but aren't calling for nerfs to those other skills you mentioned, and that's what bothers me about this thread.

Because, in your mind, the people complaining about Flurry being OP, are exclusively complaining about flurry being OP and do not see any issues with i.e. Bladevortex. The important part: "In your mind", and only there.

Thread-title reads: "Nothing wrong with blade flurry..." Guess what people are going to talk about? Wait, are you actually saying you came here with the intention of derailing this thread, so you can talk overall-balance?
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Oh well, silly me. I looked at thread with 'blade flurry' in title, soon after releasing blade flurry skill, so I assumed it's supposed to be about blade flurry. Should have guessed I needed to demand global skill rebalance instead. Such novel idea, to revise skills, if only someone could come up with it earlier....

...oh wait, it's called patch. It's getting released in a week. So maybe it's good time to discuss which skills are op or not, preferably in threads with relevant titles.

And this particular skill is op af because it deals 2-3 times the damage of other melee skills while being ranged and aoe.
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Nov 25, 2016, 4:03:02 PM
Isn't it nice when a couple of squabbling children do not fill a thread up with post after post of retaliation and ruin it for the rest of us?

Just make your point and be done with it!
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

Because, in your mind, the people complaining about Flurry being OP, are exclusively complaining about flurry being OP and do not see any issues with i.e. Bladevortex. The important part: "In your mind", and only there.

Thread-title reads: "Nothing wrong with blade flurry..." Guess what people are going to talk about? Wait, are you actually saying you came here with the intention of derailing this thread, so you can talk overall-balance?

Oh really? So you mean there are threads everywhere talking about how OP flame blast is? How OP vaal spark is? How OP bladefall mines are? Etc etc? That's funny. I look through the forums to find such a thread and I don't see one. I do see a 21 page thread about everyone trying to nerf a skill that isn't as good as any of those 3 though.

Apparently you don't have a problem with that, which is why I repeatedly ask you if you even give a shit about the game's balance at all. Judging from your actions on this forum it appears you and your friends do not.

Overpowered means in this context that it is superior to a large majority of other skills. That is simply NOT the case when I can list at least 10+ gems that are COMPARABLE if not COMPLETELY SUPERIOR to this skill.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 25, 2016, 6:02:52 PM
^Oh look, even more assumptious accusations based on personal bias.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

"
Sure_K4y wrote:

What "personal bias" would that be again? The one where I defend the balance of a skill that I am never going to use because of a bunch of people trying to nerf something that is just barely useable for most melee players?

Since we're on the subject of personal bias, let's get back to the part where you are posting 21 pages of stuff trying to nerf one skill and not trying to nerf the 10+ superior caster/bow/totem builds.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 25, 2016, 7:30:06 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

What "personal bias" would that be again? The one where I defend the balance of a skill that I am never going to use because of a bunch of people trying to nerf something that is just barely useable for most melee players?

My tummy hurts already...

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Since we're on the subject of personal bias, let's get back to the part where you are posting 21 pages of stuff trying to nerf one skill and not trying to nerf the 10+ superior caster/bow/totem builds.

Personal bias... OK... Like... It's only me posting 21 pages... It's not like you didn't post anything at all... That kind of bias is what I'm talking about.

This thread is about Blade Flurry, whatever those ten other skills might be, if you want to discuss those, do that elsewhere and stop derailing this thread.

All things considered, your claim that BF is "barely useable" has disqualified you and your point of view in regards to balance for ever. "Barely useable" skill trivializes end-game content on a sub 10 ex budget about as much as Bladevortex does, but it's "barely useable", and there's like at least 10 skills that trivialize the entire game even more than Bladeflurry does, while also providing decent clearspeed.

You couldn't even name three skills that do all these things in a single 5-link setup if your life was depending on it, prove me wrong if you can: 3 skills with at least decent clearspeed (gorge sub 2m), that trivialize the entire game on a sub 10 ex budget, incuding guardians, shaper, uber lab, and uber Atziri. 3 skills that work in all these scenarios.

BF isnt even in top 5 skills and people want this to get nerfed?

Its best "melee" skill, but far from top.

Funny how people watch streams and see people clearing blue t12's with mirror worth gear in seconds and think skill is op?

I just hope GGG knows better.
Topkek
Last edited by Laakeri on Nov 25, 2016, 9:41:05 PM
"
BF isnt even in top 5 skills and people want this to get nerfed?

Its best "melee" skill, but far from top.

Funny how people watch streams and see people clearing blue t12's with mirror worth gear in seconds and think skill is op?

I just hope GGG knows better.

Funny how even inexperienced players can obliterate and leech-tank the shaper while dual wielding "the scourge", which is on POE.trade for about one exalt a piece. Mirror worthy? A unique? Not even top 5 skills? OK, nothing to see here, nevermind...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info