Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

I'm not sure what it is you really want to achieve with all this talk of nerfs.

You do realise there is a big difference between balancing and nerfing.

To say "If it's OP it deserves a nerf, that's all there is to it." is far removed from balancing, especially if the focus of the nerf is an individual gem.

So you would be somewhat satisfied if all the other "op" crap in the game remains and only blade flurry is nerfed ? Because and I quote again "If it's OP it deserves a nerf, that's all there is to it."

If there are other skills out there that can perform as well as blade flurry, then it shouldn't be targeted for nerfs unless everything else is.

I don't know maybe im just crazy, but that just seems so obvious and logical to me.

Another possibility is blade flurry upset you in some way and you are emotionally compelled to seek revenge.
Where did you get the idea that people think that everything else than blade flurry is fine exactly ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
plodd wrote:

If there are other skills out there that can perform as well as blade flurry, then it shouldn't be targeted for nerfs unless everything else is.

I don't know maybe im just crazy, but that just seems so obvious and logical to me.

Very well, I will provide sophisticated, biased, uninformed 3 screen wide wall of text about general game balance noone will read and even fewer agree with.

Or, talk about recent game addition.

Not a signature.
"
Fruz wrote:

By the way do you have all of the top 50 player's in your friend list and they are all telling them your build and stuff ?
No, so stop talking as if you are part of this HC elite and you know what's going on there, you are not.
And HC isn't the only balance criteria out here, the biggest audience plays softcore anyway.

HC is the measuring stick that should be used because it's the best indicator of balance, not because of how many people play it. Are you going to nerf cast on death because it can clear the whole map in one cast?

And the stats are public knowledge in terms of top 50, it's been on Reddit for a long time and anyone can Google it. If you haven't actually educated yourself on the subject you shouldn't be talking about it tbh. I've already linked it TO YOU in a different thread so there's no excuse for you not knowing. I'm talking on the subject because I DO know what's going on there.

For example as an anecdote, I've seen STEELTEAMEU or whatever his name is topping the hc charts two leagues in a row using fire nova mine. You won't see people talking about fire nova mine on Reddit, and in certain part of that is due to having support players in his group, but fire nova mine is clearly strong enough to top league charts consistently in hc. But nobody talks about it :D Because it's not bv pathfinder.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 21, 2016, 12:50:32 PM
It's the best indicator of HC balance, not of PoE's global balance.
It just somewhat puts limits to the overall balance.

As much as I would rather have the game harder in many ways, if GGG balance everything around HC only, most people would leave.
Seems like you didn't even realize this, funny how you bring Cast on Death here since it's the best way to show that HC does not mean everything balance wise.
( not that this gem is anything good, but it's not my point ).

What skills and builds people are using, public knowledge ?
Have you checked the actual ladder and notice how many have their profile private for example ?
I don't think that you do.
Linked it to me ? wtf lol, are you not dreaming here ?

By the way, you seem to misunderstand what the word "educate" means, which is actually very ironical since that's a notion that is being taught at school usually.

edit :
if you are refering to this, the top class is ... chieftain.
Hello ancestral warchief, nothing like an attack after all.

PS : you do like to think that you know.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2016, 12:46:08 PM
First, I JUST TOLD YOU totems were big in hc. Literally.

Second, totems are NOT attack builds. They are totem builds.

Third, the stats I was referring to are TOP ladder classes, not league selection as a total which indicates literally NOTHING. Nobody cares what the 13998th player was using on his level 13 alt. NOBODY cares.

I linked you the important stats in another thread already. Top preformed builds are (read: 90% or more) ALL caster.

And frankly, your attitude is a bit too condescending for someone who has no clue that the hell he is talking about.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 21, 2016, 1:09:27 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Second, totems are NOT attack builds. They are totem builds.

Then you completely, literally, totally missed the point, Good job lol ! Nicely done.
I don't care if you stated one obvious thing ( it would do you better not to miss all the others instead imho, but oh well ), because it's pretty irrelevant here.

And one more time, if you think that the balance is only directed at the 0.01% of players, you are very wrong.

And I am still waiting for the data with all the skill being used buy the top 50 EHC, c'mon go ahead.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

And frankly, your attitude is a bit too condescending for someone who has no clue that the hell he is talking about.

Irony, sweet irony, again.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2016, 1:08:46 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I linked you the important stats in another thread already. Top preformed builds are (read: 90% or more) ALL caster.

"
Fruz wrote:

And I am still waiting for the data with all the skill being used buy the top 50 EHC, c'mon go ahead.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1768916/page/1#p13885497

At the time of that post there were TWO! melee characters and ONE! bow user. About 20% support builds and a bunch of totems (LIKE I JUST TOLD YOU).

And then there's the casters which are too fucking numerous to bother typing.

Funny how every single thread you are in, you are ALWAYS posting something COMPLETELY CONTRARY to every fact that exists.

My favorite was the lab poll, which gut turned out to be exactly the same as the strawpoll, which is exactly the same as the threads on forums indicate. But no, FRUZ knows everything that goes on in poe and to hell with the goddamn facts.

[Removed by Support]
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Nov 23, 2016, 12:47:50 AM
Thank you for showing me that you linked it to me before lol ! I'm sooo surprised here.
So plenty of BV, some characters with no skill listed, plenty of supports, 7 Ancestral Warchief builds already, at least 15 attack based characters total ( close to a third ), thank you for showing us .... that you were completely wrong.

Even the facts that you bring are not helping you.
But you DO KNOW what you are talking about heh, good one.

By the way, in the GGG anouncment, if the list are sorted by relevance, the 3rd most used skill in 90+ and 60+ EHC is : Earthquake.

I see that you are condescending with word that you misuse a bit everywhere on the forum heh.

Try again.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I'm going to petition that you be removed from forums someday.

hahahahahahahahahaha
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2016, 1:32:57 PM
"
To say "If it's OP it deserves a nerf, that's all there is to it." is far removed from balancing, especially if the focus of the nerf is an individual gem.

The thing is although not immidiatly in the long run OP skills make every other skill weaker. If something is op for a short time, maybe one league that is fine. Because it will be toned down after wards. If things stay too long the game evolves and changes around them. Right now we still feel the influence of CWDT/EC/IC, which is long gone, but it shook things up so badly that it is hard to redesign all those things. If strong skills like Blade Vortex and possibly Blade Flurry stay around it means the game will at some point expect you to use them. And that is an issue. Short term imbalances aren't really important, the issue is if they stay.

So while I think that the skill is a bit too strong considering how great he is mechanically I wouldn't mind going into next league with the current version. However I would mind it if they wouldn't change something about Blade Vortex, not necessarily the skill itself, but the general idea behind the flask charging, instant leeching sponge tanks that you can create.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info