2.5 Update
You can disable censoring now by editing
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini

Section:

[GENERAL]
enable_profanity_filter=false

thanks HarukaTeno for info.

Previous text

Dear GGG, is there a way do disable this new unannounced chat "feature"? I know this thread will barely gets any attention because it looks like censoring only working for russian language for now, but I assume some words will be blacklisted for english language soon.

For example try to write "употреблять" in any message. Just an ordinary russian word that means "to use" (google translate link) but it will be detected as blacklisted word. That reminds me about idiotic censoring situations like in Dark Souls II when you see K***ht in nickname instead of Knight.

2.5 Update: No, GGG, replacing "bad words" with ***** doesn't make it any better. Please, remove censoring completly or allow us to disable it.
Last edited by MisaMisa on Dec 2, 2016, 7:56:45 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 12:54:40 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So you're telling me , that I can't RP as a drunk russian truck driver that curses all the time ?

GGG fix this shit .
What the hell, we're getting forced word filter now? That would be a new low, something only the shittiest F2P games do.
GGG we need you!
"
Raudram wrote:
What the hell, we're getting forced word filter now? That would be a new low, something only the shittiest F2P games do.

Why? Because you cannot say words anymore that if you are a normal person you won't say anyways?

Or what kind of words are on those filters?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Raudram wrote:

Why? Because you cannot say words anymore that if you are a normal person you won't say anyways?

Or what kind of words are on those filters?

Try to write "употреблять" in any message. Just an ordinary russian word that means "to use" (google translate link) but it will be detected as blacklisted word. That reminds me about idiotic censoring situations like in Dark Souls II when you see K***ht in nickname instead of Knight.

Well, that is indeed stupid, though I have no problems with certain words being censored. On the other hand, I don't think it helps very much.

Humans mastering the channels is of course preferable, but also more expensive.
The whole idea of censoring is stupid, we have blacklists and cursing is not even a real problem (like RMT advertisement or flashbangs in HC). The fact that only russian words are banned that way made me feel discriminated for the first time in my life. Non of russian swear words can even be considered as hate speech by itself. I am pretty sure it's local mods' solution and I have yet to see a person who likes it.
"
Cansoring and policing the community is not acceptable , I don't play video games to be told what to do .

Matter of fact - noone of us do .

It breaks the emersion .

It breaks the immersion if you cannot, for example, say "penis" in the chat channel? Interesting. I do not want to know how exactly you are immersed in this game.

Besides, you cannot do so anyways. You agreed to the Terms of Service when you made an account, and I am pretty sure they tell you that you are not allowed to say certain words in the in-game chat.
I'd honestly rather have GGG actually automatically replace [Removed by Support] and [Removed by Support] with "*****" and "******" rather than keep the current nonsensical situation where you'll get muted for simply uttering them, even if they were used in completely non-harmful situations, like talking about Nigeria in French, or talking about an actual [Removed by Support] of wood.
This applies for the forums too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info