2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

Ive noticed even when im not running rf on im extremely squishy and im not sure why i get blown up in t1 maps and even dried lake.
finally got my kintsugi colored, but i cant see where you would get both the int and dex required for the setup without astramentis (which i am currently running).

If you wanna have a look at my gear my chars are public, Chump_SR is trying to imitate this build.

the reason for not running decoy totem is that i'm duoing with an ancestral warchief chieftain (free taunts)

im thinking about trying out volls vision, instead of my current helm(i feel kinda squishy, maybe the infernal helm isn't the best synergy with kintsugi). And finding a possible replacement for the doryanis belt (it doesnt bring much to the table)

note that im only running a single curse. The thought was to get a witchfire brew and respec the 2 points that gives life/chaos res and one 5% (mby the one with 4% and 3%all res) to get the 2nd curse from the tree.

So far its great as i've cleared up to tier 13 maps and killed the first three breachlords :) very cool build if you like the playstyle, thx OP
"
Lichtwink wrote:
"
IVIike wrote:
While I like the idea of Molten Shell, would it not make mobs resistant to fire due to EE or is the effect negligable?

bump and doesnt scorching ray proc it?

Molten Shell is not required. It's just something I use for the extra armor (since we get some life/armor nodes on the tree). Atm even the smidgen of armor it gives at that level gives me 1-2% more phys damage reduction. I haven't noticed much of an effect on my killing so I keep it. You're free to remove it if you wish.

Just fyi, I don't actually use Ele Equilibrium on most mobs. Nor Ele Overload. Orb of Storms is used mostly for rares, strongboxes, breaches and bosses aka situations where I try to avoid being hit as much as possible and, if I am hit, I'd much rather do less damage and survive than more damage only to die. Also, switch it for Immortal Call on a Chieftain.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 14, 2016, 9:42:25 AM
"
Lichtwink wrote:
so is the helmet your using really worth it im not sure while using it if ill actually have enough fire res left ot make it worth while

The helmet is worth it, imo. For the same reason people were hyped about Redblade (Warbands) helms. But it's not mandatory. You can wear something else if desired.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 14, 2016, 1:58:33 PM
"
IVIike wrote:
"
LuciferIAm wrote:
Thoughts on http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xoph%27s_Blood for this?

You wont be able to use that as Avatar of Fire will make EE redundant. The unupgraded version can definitely be used though. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xoph%27s_Heart

^What he said. If you can sacrifice your amulet slot, then Xoph's Heart is nice (and cheap). It's kinda hard to fit it in, though, without paying a lot on other gear. Up to you, really.
"
solidghost wrote:
Hi, maybe should remove the molten shell setup in the cwdt. It is not good with ee since it can do fire damage when explode.

See my response above. You can remove it if you want. I just use it for the extra armor. Most of the time, I don't care about EE. On a Chieftain, you'd definitely be better off with Immortal Call.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 14, 2016, 9:17:14 AM
"
hcäijjä wrote:
How's this build for doin breach maps and breaches overall?

If breaches were all about speed-clearing, then it wouldn't be very good (I'll openly admit that it's not the fastest clearing build out there). Fortunately, breaches never stay open for longer than a minute no matter how well you clear them. Breach maps too require a certain level of clearspeed, but no higher. This build can indeed reach that required speed, so it works.

I find the real challenge with breaches isn't clearing them fast enough (I rather think most decent builds should be able to do that), but actually surviving them. And since we're trying to be tanky here, this build holds up well.

You could choose to make an ES version of it as well, if you want to be even more tanky/get more damage nodes while retaining the same HP level, though that'll be tricky/costly to support RF with (regen nodes are tied to life, which takes away points from ES nodes). If going that way, I'd recommend either -

a) ditching RF and switching to a Searing Touch (cheap)/+3 fire staff (expensive) build instead. Or..

b) going hybrid, getting some chaos resistance and putting your regen on ES (via Zealots Oath) so that your total HP is higher than going pure ES on a build that needs life nodes and uses gear with no ES i.e. tied to life (like the helms) or low ES (like the shield). I'd recommend also getting some secondary skill to leech life back too in order to reduce pressure on your flasks between fights.

Both options would be more expensive (cheapest alternative is using a 5/6-link Searing Touch, which is more expensive this league due to many fire builds being prevalent, including Scorching Ray, that choose to use it as a cheap boost).
"
Lichtwink wrote:
Ive noticed even when im not running rf on im extremely squishy and im not sure why i get blown up in t1 maps and even dried lake.

I hope your resists are capped. Anyway, what's your life level? Regen is no substitute for more life. Don't start maps until you have at least 4k life. And preferably some armor as well (with my gear, I still have 38% phys damage reduction, which goes up to 40% with Molten Shell up, plus the phys to fire damage conversion of Formless Inferno).
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 14, 2016, 1:55:37 PM
"
champloncar wrote:
finally got my kintsugi colored, but i cant see where you would get both the int and dex required for the setup without astramentis (which i am currently running).

If you wanna have a look at my gear my chars are public, Chump_SR is trying to imitate this build.

the reason for not running decoy totem is that i'm duoing with an ancestral warchief chieftain (free taunts)

im thinking about trying out volls vision, instead of my current helm(i feel kinda squishy, maybe the infernal helm isn't the best synergy with kintsugi). And finding a possible replacement for the doryanis belt (it doesnt bring much to the table)

note that im only running a single curse. The thought was to get a witchfire brew and respec the 2 points that gives life/chaos res and one 5% (mby the one with 4% and 3%all res) to get the 2nd curse from the tree.

So far its great as i've cleared up to tier 13 maps and killed the first three breachlords :) very cool build if you like the playstyle, thx OP

See the 'My Gear' section for how I did it (including the jewels). Astramentis is the easier (albeit pricier) alternative. Unsurprisingly, your gear is better than mine that I've shown here. I basically gimped my gear somewhat to save on currency so as to get this going with the least investment. It still worked so I chose not to spend on an Astramentis (and then spend some more on upgrading all my now redundant gear). Maybe I'll reconsider that later if I choose to engage with top tier uber content, but it works okay for now.

Warchief totem is nice, but I prefer Decoy as it's taunt is stronger owing to larger area coverage. It's not like my totem can do much damage anyway since I haven't built this as a melee character. Plus Decoy totem can be summoned far away and still work.

Voll's Vision is nice. I tried it out earlier before switching to Formless Inferno for the damage reduction. I'd say Formless is better for protection on its own, HOWEVER, with Voll's Vision you should actually have an excess of regen. That's nice for saving on flask usage between fights (if you're the type to speedclear and so not allow enough time for your slower regen with RF on to refill your life pool), but, if you've got another socket free, it should allow you to run a curse on Blasphemy for quality of life (you can ditch Vitality for it). Alternately, you can run any of the other 35% reservation auras (you might even consider Purity of Elements so as to be able to further optimize your gear by ditching some resists on them).

Witchfire Brew is good, however, note that the resist curses add more damage for us than the 33% that Vulnerability adds (44% on Flamability, 39% on Ele Weakness - 44% with 20Q Ele Weakness).

And you're welcome! :)
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Lichtwink wrote:

I hope your resists are capped. Anyway, what's your life level? Regen is no substitute for more life. Don't start maps until you have at least 4k life. And preferably some armor as well (with my gear, I still have 38% phys damage reduction, which goes up to 40% with Molten Shell up, plus the phys to fire damage conversion of Formless Inferno).

My res'sa re capped i have 4.5k hp mroe than enough regen aswell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info