2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

"
thatg4 wrote:
Hey i was wondering how it is you get enough int to wear the Repentance gloves

Repentance is really more of a stretch goal than a key part of the build. We can't stack enough strength for it to be much more than really nice damage boost. As for where we get the int from, the simple answer is gear. We've got some int from the passive tree (about 170), but the rest (113 to 122, depending on if you play as Templar or Marauder, respectively) will need to come from gear. There's also jewels, if you're desperate. In this build, both strength and int on gear, which usually are wasted mods on items, actually serve a purpose. Remember that they can also be crafted by Masters.

There's also a bunch of potential uniques in the game that help with stacking int. The best way to find out how and where to find intelligence is to check out some Whispering Ice builds on here.

Also note that we pass by the Ancestral Knowledge notable passive just above the Marauder area. That's another 30 int. You can choose to take that if needed, resulting in either 83 or 92 more int required from gear. To compound matters, you'll also need to get a bit of dex as well to use all your gems, particularly Stone Golem. Also Rapid Decay (though you can postpone this by making it your sixth link), Arctic Armor (you don't really need to level it all the way) and Blood Rage/GMP (neither needs to be leveled at all). The 68 dex required for Stone Golem should be your main goal, no need to push further.

The simplest way to get all that would be to wear an Astramentis amulet. However, it's a low enough amount that you should be able to get it from multiple pieces of regular rare gear.

Simply put, you won't be able to wear Repentance until late game. It isn't necessary so don't worry too much about it. First focus on getting RF to work comfortably i.e. with regen to spare (a marble amulet helps in this regard, although that takes away from the slot where you could choose to put an Astramentis). I'll post my gear to show how I did it when I finish getting the build made.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 4, 2016, 4:41:35 PM
This looks promising. I'm definitely enjoying leveling with SR.

I have a question regarding curses though.
I'm now starting to apply my second curse and I'm wondering if going with temporal chains or enfeeble might be better than elemental weakness. I'm leaning towards temporal chains as SR is based on my character standing around while the mobs are rushing in.
"
RoyBaty wrote:
This looks promising. I'm definitely enjoying leveling with SR.

I have a question regarding curses though.
I'm now starting to apply my second curse and I'm wondering if going with temporal chains or enfeeble might be better than elemental weakness. I'm leaning towards temporal chains as SR is based on my character standing around while the mobs are rushing in.

Yes, either will do. I've mentioned Enfeeble already in the gem loadout, although in place of Flammability (since Ele Weakness is more useful in parties, I tend to prefer that over Flammability). I tend to prefer the all-round defense of Enfeeble myself, but Temp Chains is fine as well. As a second bonus, it'll also keep the burning effect on mobs for longer when they're no longer in your fire stream. However, keep in mind that you'll need to get 98 dex to level Temp Chains upto max level.
Hi, this build looks really promising ! I can't wait to test it out. But I have a question, what about a Doryani's Invitation belt (a fire version of course) ?

The one I looted have 28% increased fire damage, and the fire damage leeched as life can be quite useful too.
"
thatg4 wrote:

Astramentis and black sun crest
"
Sydjex wrote:
Hi, this build looks really promising ! I can't wait to test it out. But I have a question, what about a Doryani's Invitation belt (a fire version of course) ?

The one I looted have 28% increased fire damage, and the fire damage leeched as life can be quite useful too.

Doryani's belt is basically just a damage boost (and not a very large one) on this build, which is why I don't recommend it. Scorching Ray is a DoT, which means you won't be leeching at all, unless you use some other spell as well. It might be worth it if you try doing something with Cast while Channeling, but for pure SR it won't help. As such, I suggest just going for the increased survivability a rare would give you.
"
Exile009 wrote:

Doryani's belt is basically just a damage boost (and not a very large one) on this build, which is why I don't recommend it. Scorching Ray is a DoT, which means you won't be leeching at all, unless you use some other spell as well. It might be worth it if you try doing something with Cast while Channeling, but for pure SR it won't help. As such, I suggest just going for the increased survivability a rare would give you.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I didn't realise at the moment I sent the message that leech can only come from a hit. So yeah, i'll go with a rare one I guess.

Thanks for your reply anyway.
"
wraith08 wrote:
"
thatg4 wrote:

Astramentis and black sun crest

I actually don't use either of those. There's some really nice new helms for this build (Volls' Vision and The Formless Inferno) that I prefer instead. Astramentis can work, but I'm managing without it for now (and so manage to have life on my ammy). It has ended up gimping me somewhat on my jewels and rings (don't care cos they're all 1 alc to 2c pieces anyway right now), but I've managed to get Repentance up without Astramentis for now (though I might reconsider that if I find some really nice gear for the other slots i.e. when I'm richer lol).

I'll post my gear here soon. Just trying to get my (believe it or not, dropped!) 6-link colored right atm. It's an ar/ev base and so colors are troublesome. Will make some small adjustments to the guide soon. I'm hemorrhaging chromes atm lol.

Overall, though, I can report that the build has cost less than an ex to make (6-link not required).
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 10, 2016, 4:05:10 PM
Also, for anyone who's wondering, I don't know about a +3 staff (they cost a fortune lol), but the RF version definitely beats out the Searing Touch for damage. I know cos I bought one to test it.
Updated the guide. Added some more explanation sections as well as posted my budget gear. We've also made some changes to our gem loadout as well as other minor changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info