2.4.2 Patch Temporarily Rolled Back

"
lizzrdd wrote:
Hmm, 64 bit still allocating space, thats a bummer that its crashing for people.

Yeah I am at 7 % Downloaded now myself. Its 1.92 GB.
it crashes in full screen for me too;
try running the other version, set it to windowed fullscreen, then run the x64 versio
"
suparasta wrote:
64 bit client just crashes as per other people "path of exile has stopped working"

i was told to put poe in window mode in dx9 cliet then start up 64 bit it worked then when i went back to full screen in 64 bit just crashed
"
suparasta wrote:
"
suparasta wrote:
64 bit client just crashes as per other people "path of exile has stopped working"

i was told to put poe in window mode in dx9 cliet then start up 64 bit it worked then when i went back to full screen in 64 bit just crashed

Don't go back to full screen ;p

Windowed Fullscreen works just fine for me (had the same issue before I changed it).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
can anyone [ggg?] pls put "content.gppk" 2.4.2 on torrent or rapidshare?
For all those for whom the game is crashing on startup, the problem seems to be with fullscreen mode. So you'll have to play in windowed fullscreen until they have a fix for it.

Of course, you can't change the mode if the game immediately crashes. Here's a solution to that -

1)Go to the Path of Exile folder in your systems My Documents folder (NOT where PoE is installed).

2)You'll see a file named "production_Config.ini". Delete it (make a backup first, of course).

3)Now start the game and it should work. Note that all your settings (including your key bindings) would have reverted to their defaults, so you'll have to change them all again as per preferences.

4)Alternately, you can try editing the file by opening it in Notepad, but that's trickier. Also, I'm not sure if that actually works since there may be more settings issues than just the fullscreen one that need changing. Easier to just reset.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 18, 2016, 9:50:14 AM
Guessing there is still a problem as there is no way it is going to run. I have tried a few things none of which work. It crashes on startup. Cannot even enter details...
"
Mrgrimm312 wrote:
"
eralduspr wrote:
"
Mrgrimm312 wrote:
Elitist, never claimed that. Pay to play or pay to win. But when all you have is negative things to say when something happens in a line of code. Its like get real. People like myself and all the others who have put money in towards the game makes it possible for the development of content and essentially give you the ability to continue to play. Case and point.

I also am looking forward to these skills and want to test them. But see I'm logical and understand technical aspects come up.

These skills haven't been delayed at all.. The last they said was they were under development and they weren't where they wanted them. They never promised any new skills. So stop crying....

You clearly don't understand the development side of things. 20 thousand lines of code. Something may happen when implementing it. Just saying. Try to develop your own game if your so good at engineering.

Nobody is saying development and coding is easy... my point is that people have the right to get pissed and vent, considering that those skills were supposed to be part of the 2.4.0 patch, and it got delayed multiple times... So yeah, people have the right to show their frustrations without some elitist jerks telling them to stop complaining, just because they bought a few supporter packs...

Whats there to be frustrated about? Really? That you cant play a new skill for a day or so from a free games that brings so much content so often more then most free to play games? Why be frustrated at a team of developers that are doing their damn best to give a good product to its customer base? Your the elitist that thinks everything on this earth revolves around you and since you didnt get your way you put down the developer?

Haha, oh wow! You're not even trying there, are you? So you're saying that people can't be frustrated when they're expecting something, or else they're being elitists now? Your fanboyism is clouding your judgement there, buddy... you should check it out before it gets worse!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info