DIrectX 11 / x64 Not working

Hi,

When trying to login with the x64 client in 2.4.2. patch, I receive the message:
"

"There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile"

Meanwhile the regular PathOfexile.exe logins in properly.
Last bumped on Dec 17, 2017, 7:18:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The same.
Spoiler

But I note the servers were just down again...

n.b. I'm on Windows 10, DirectX v12... don't fancy going back to 11.1 even if that's possible.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Last edited by Varana on Nov 17, 2016, 3:58:14 PM
Thanks for the reports guys. We're aware of this issue and are looking into it.
Same here, on Windows 10, with a GTX970 (which supports DX12), client doesn't seem to even load.
There is a bullet in the patch notes that says there is a known error with the x64 client if dx11.1 is not installed. I think the mean that only 11.1 can be installed, that it won't work with 11.2 or 12.

I can confirm, running dx12 and am getting an error trying to start the x64 client. Normal exe works fine.
"
Big_John_B wrote:
There is a bullet in the patch notes that says there is a known error with the x64 client if dx11.1 is not installed. I think the mean that only 11.1 can be installed, that it won't work with 11.2 or 12.

I can confirm, running dx12 and am getting an error trying to start the x64 client. Normal exe works fine.

Hi Big_John_B, this bug report is not related to the DirectX version related issues, as the client starts just fine.
"
thezensei wrote:
"
Big_John_B wrote:

Hi Big_John_B, this bug report is not related to the DirectX version related issues, as the client starts just fine.

Thanks for the reply, thezensei. I may be wrong because that's not how I read the not.

"
There is a known issue where the 64 bit client will not work if the DirectX 11.1 runtime is not installed. If you have this problem, you will need to fully update your copy of Windows with Windows Update. We will address this issue in an upcoming patch.

Using dx12, when I try to launch the x64 client I get a Windows error message. But now we've reverted back to the previous version so we can pick this up when the patch is reinstalled.
"
Big_John_B wrote:
"
thezensei wrote:
"
Big_John_B wrote:

Thanks for the reply, thezensei. I may be wrong because that's not how I read the not.

"
There is a known issue where the 64 bit client will not work if the DirectX 11.1 runtime is not installed. If you have this problem, you will need to fully update your copy of Windows with Windows Update. We will address this issue in an upcoming patch.

Using dx12, when I try to launch the x64 client I get a Windows error message. But now we've reverted back to the previous version so we can pick this up when the patch is reinstalled.

Indeed I saw this note, however I'd expect the client not to start at all if that's the case, or as mentioned give an error message while starting. In my case the client starts, and able to click the "Login" button, which after that tries to login. I am assuming that there's also some kind of version check going on when logging in, as a secondary check to make sure you have the right version, telling me I have to fetch a new update.

Hope that explains it a bit better.
windows 10 , directX 12 -> Crash.

FIXED: RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
Last edited by mlnecrafter on Nov 18, 2016, 3:53:21 AM
You can try this fix here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1768555/page/2#p13883224

not sure if it's affecting you.

You can also try playing with realm settings in the ini.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Last edited by tsftd on Nov 18, 2016, 3:49:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info