Scorching Ray Chieftain - build progress open discussion

Hi guys,

So the update is out and so are the new skills, I'm sure that some of you are excited about it. I personally will give it a go, after few weeks away from poe.

So I took into consideration advises from you guys, I think that really the best way will be to go blood magic, most likely with RF to boost the shit out of SC.But for now just a shit ton of regen to keep me going.

Blood magic with essence worm's:

2 essence worm rings: vitality + determination

Or essence worm (vitality) with Kaom's way (fated Kaom's sign ring)
Life and armor based character, tree right now planned to lvl 85 gives:
- 234% life
- 10.4% life regen from tree
- 232% armor
- 48% all res
- 196% increase fire damage

Right so I've seen the skill on wiki now:

So here are my planned links:

SC (20% quality will be a must have) - Faster casting - Controlled destruction - elemental focus (i do believe it will still apply the burn from ray)

for 5th and 6th link i have a list of gems to test and see which one works the best:
- rapid decay
- increase burning damage
- iron will (if I would not get the Repentance gloves)
- empower (lol if i ever get one on lvl 3)
- increase duration/less duration

One thing that will be added for sure is the Orb of Storms setup:
OOS - curse on Hit - curse - increase crit chance (this is there to proc both EO and EE as well as curse mobs)

Anyone else was thinking about it, got any thoughts?
Im pretty sure the tree could be better, Im usually terrible at most optimized pathing.

Let me know what you guys think.

cheers

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Nov 18, 2016, 6:38:08 AM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2016, 3:41:53 AM
Last edited by MajWoody on Nov 17, 2016, 8:11:01 AM
"

thats interesting take too. I tried and RF fire surge build in the past but could not get enough regen to sustain myself, saldy :/

your tree looks interesting too, and I believe that using RF to boost the dmg will be the way to go really, if I would like to go for the true end game maps and bosses.

the CWDT setup is interesting, to proc EE on mobs. I'm personally more incline to use orb of storms to proc EE (if I would go that route) or just to curse mobs.

I really waiting for GGG to provide us with the full gem details with tags, to actually see what we could support the gem with, and what would work with it best on the tree.
I still wonder if burn dmg that i picked up will be worth it or not, but as I said nothing is set in stone right now. I will definitely take a good long look at your tree and idea.

Thanks for shearing

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Raye wrote:
Your build seems quite unrefined. Anger is pointless, what will you use it for? SC doesn't hit so it won't get any flat additions.

Not going EO is incredibly wasteful for a skill that can't hit and therefor not crit. Same goes for EE. Both those are a complete given, unless you'll use SC as pure help skill for it's resistance penalty.
Same reasoning goes for Witch fire cluster, a lot of pointless ignite nodes. You'll get more damage from EO/EE for less points.

Flammability is similarly wasted since you can't ignite, quality elemental weakness lowers resistances more.

thanks for the interesting feeback.

As much as i love EO I would have to use another skill just to proc a crit beforehand, which I really dont like. As you mention yourself ray will not crit therefore not proc EO. Im not big of using gimmicky skills to proc other things, Im more of a straight forward builder.
EE is something that I consider to use but will have to work something out :)

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Raye wrote:
Well, EE requires a separate hit just as EO does. And practically enough, both will trigger perfectly from a single cast of Orb of Storms, which in turn easily can Curse on Hit. So, a simple 3L can curse, trigger EO and EE in a single cast every now and then. 4L and you can either go inc crit strikes for more reliability (not really needed though) or dual curse.

Not really efficient to go Blasphemy if the option is EE/EO/Curse 3L (which will likely double your damage output even without the curse, and the curse will probably be temp chains in higher maps anyway) and space for another aura, such as haste or anything defensive.

If you want a quicker, easier build for low tier content though, your approach is fine, but if you climb the tiers you will sooner or later have to transition to above setup or something similar.

Also, consider Iron Will, Doon Cuebeyari, Wyrmsign or Repentence gloves, Kaom's Way etc.

good point. I wanted to use OOS anyway for cursing mobs if I would go BM. could as well go the 4L setup if I would want to use EO and EE. I prefer more reliable way to boost my dmg.

I will still have to think which unique i will use.

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I've made changes to the three based on your feedback guys !

Let me know what you think

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info