End of the world as we know it..?

Would it be such a bad thing if monstrous quakes and tsunamis ripped apart half the world or Trump ended up being trigger happy with the nuclear football......?

Innocents would die and that wouldnt be good in the short term but would we come to a new world order that forced us to a new ways of living, principles etc

pollution, politics, media, finance, community, values etc

ridding this world of the poison that has corroded just about every corner of this planet.... in the end might be a good thing... im not pro trump, i'm not pro anarchy either really but if you look at every major civilization of the past most notably the Roman's, their end came because of these poisons i speak of today that have plagued this world

are we at that tipping point now?
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2016, 11:26:28 AM
The only true freedom a person can have in the modern world is when they are alone and not being watched. But freedom means nothing when you are powerless to change your environment. We need cooperation so we have the powerful tools like cars, electricity, and computers.

Additionally, whos to say after disaster things will be any better? Perhaps the powers that be will gain even more power to suppress any form of defiance. And we will be left even moreso as slaves.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
The only true freedom a person can have in the modern world is when they are alone and not being watched. But freedom means nothing when you are powerless to change your environment. We need cooperation so we have the powerful tools like cars, electricity, and computers.

Additionally, whos to say after disaster things will be any better? Perhaps the powers that be will gain even more power to suppress any form of defiance. And we will be left even moreso as slaves.

well one way or another life as we know it will be changed sooner rather than later imo. maybe the elite get more power and we continue toward the path of self extinction due to the selfish abuse of our planet but that's only the short term

LONG TERM the human race is extinct or intelligently empowered to make this world better, i dont think anyone though can argue that reality TV/the fear mongering media etc keep distracting or delaying the inevitable
I'd prefer to hope that survival while becoming a multi planet species is preferable to global nuclear holocaust.
Time to nerf EQ :P Hope all the GGG folks are safe and sound!
"
innervation wrote:
I'd prefer to hope that survival while becoming a multi planet species is preferable to global nuclear holocaust.

let's be realistic dude. this isn't 2500AD
wake me up when the world starts burning...i'll get some marshmallows.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

let's be realistic dude. this isn't 2500AD

We have the resources and most of the knowledge now. What we also have though is a society that invests resources into objectively useless products with zero utility. More than half of americans dont actually produce anything, they simply handle money. And of what we do actually produce, far too much is entertainment, fashion, etc..

Our entire world has a serious resource allocation problem.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
^Humanity is a slow learner and needs shock events in order to turn a page in their history books. The best thing that could happen to humanity in the long run right now, would be some outsider threat event (ideally an hostile alien race). Nothing unites people better than a common enemy. Earth is currently far too overpopulated for it to sustain itself until humans are able to mass migrate to other planets.
I wont tell you what's going to happen in the future, but I will say that resource-wise people in 1st world countries are being lulled into an optimistic immediate reality that does not exist.
Its gonna get much worse before it gets better, most of first world population is creating technological traps for themselves. In the case of global catastrophe an extremely large chunk will die due to dependency.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
^Humanity is a slow learner and needs shock events in order to turn a page in their history books. The best thing that could happen to humanity in the long run right now, would be some outsider threat event (ideally an hostile alien race). Nothing unites people better than a common enemy. Earth is currently far too overpopulated for it to sustain itself until humans are able to mass migrate to other planets.
I wont tell you what's going to happen in the future, but I will say that resource-wise people in 1st world countries are being lulled into an optimistic immediate reality that does not exist.
Its gonna get much worse before it gets better, most of first world population is creating technological traps for themselves. In the case of global catastrophe an extremely large chunk will die due to dependency.

i agree

"dependency" ignorance - tomato tomato though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info