Power charges?

Nice and thorough explanation, thanks Skivverus, i see now i need to plan a bit more my passive tree to accomodate some more crit and some improvements to the power charges.
Do Power Charges also increase the critical strike chance on Spells?
insane in the membrane
"
Dudldude wrote:
Do Power Charges also increase the critical strike chance on Spells?

Yes, it's global crit chance
thx
insane in the membrane
"
Jurge wrote:
"
Arancil wrote:
From a gem.

That is wrong.

You can get power charges in 3 ways as it is now.
Either from minion death, wich is'nt very reliable as your minions wont die fast enough for them to stack up.
From melee critical strike, to do it this way you need to get the passive skill in the tree for it.
Last there is this armor
Unavailable

I'm testing this myself now and so far it works great, i'm at lvl 45 and run around with full charges with no problem, using ice spear, wich has the highest crit chance of all spells for now. Though you do need to get come passive crit chance for this to work.

Goodluck
Cheers

dont forget power siphon!

but i have a question, "From melee critical strike, to do it this way you need to get the passive skill in the tree for it." - Do you mean that there is a passive skill that allows you to grant a power charge whenever you crit? i cant find it on the skill tree ^^ could u help me out? im trying to figure out a build
[Trade] -> Whisper me IGN: TrapAndHide
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
OneMinuteAgo wrote:
"
Jurge wrote:
"
Arancil wrote:
From a gem.

That is wrong.

You can get power charges in 3 ways as it is now.
Either from minion death, wich is'nt very reliable as your minions wont die fast enough for them to stack up.
From melee critical strike, to do it this way you need to get the passive skill in the tree for it.
Last there is this armor
Unavailable

I'm testing this myself now and so far it works great, i'm at lvl 45 and run around with full charges with no problem, using ice spear, wich has the highest crit chance of all spells for now. Though you do need to get come passive crit chance for this to work.

Goodluck
Cheers

dont forget power siphon!

but i have a question, "From melee critical strike, to do it this way you need to get the passive skill in the tree for it." - Do you mean that there is a passive skill that allows you to grant a power charge whenever you crit? i cant find it on the skill tree ^^ could u help me out? im trying to figure out a build

I don't think such a passiv exists. There would be alot of builds on the forum using it otherwise. Idk if it was included in one of the earlier versions of the skilltree or maybe he just thought it should be there, cause it is on the armor.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hi guys,
I may be a bit dense here - I found this thread from using a forum search as I didnt want to start a new thread. Basically my friends and I are a bit confused about how you proc power charge. We have high crit builds but have never proc'd it. I have the chance to purchase the +1 power charge skill in the passive tree, do I need to purchase this in order to begin proc'ing these charges, or do you have to find a gem/skill in order to begin proc'ing the crits and getting the charges?

As you can probably tell, I am a little confused. I know you can gain a charge when you hit a melee critical attack, and this in turn helps your crit chance, however (and this is what my basic question boils down too) how do you first initiate the process? How do you start getting the charges in the first place? The only skills I can find in the tree either share the charges, increase the duration or the amount you can have.

Sorry for being a bit thick - long day, and as I cant respec (only a point at a time) I would rather err on the side of caution.

Thanks,
Ragnek.
You necroed a year old post, is mostly the problem. The information in this thread is deader than Abe Lincoln. The search on this thing is incredibly crap, it lists things with oldest at the top as far as I see.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Power_Charge

Power Siphon, and some say a few pieces of gear allow the generation of Power Charges. I'd say skip it.
Last edited by WiredRayne on Jan 28, 2013, 2:07:31 PM
I thought it was by relevance to the query?

I realize the post is old but as I understood it the mechanics hadnt changed all too much in this regard? I am happy to start my own thread, but as I said - I would rather use an existing thread so that if others search (like I did) relevant info is all in one or two places rather than one or two hundred. Also people were posting on this from the 17th of Jan this year so that may be why its higher up the search function as others had also been posting recently on it.

Thanks for the link.
Last edited by Ragnek on Jan 28, 2013, 2:11:04 PM
i really needed this thread thanks everyone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info