POE Trade Bots

So,

I was using the POE Trade Tool Live Search lately to notice me about items I am interested in.
But i had to notice that everytime i whispered the person that put the offer online, they always told me that it was sold already.
After what felt like 1000 tries, I wanted to know why.
So I was focusing on copying the link and instant messaging the people as fast as humanly possible, but I was disappointed again.
I started asking people who whispered them and how much faster they were.
Many told me that the moment they put a price on it, they got the messages.
And it was always the same few people.
I even tried it myself just to see who was gonna whisper me and how fast.
It was sad ... the moment you click on the ✓, a few messages just appear in your whisper list.

In my conclusion, I cannot explain it differently than these are botters.
Did anyone else have this experience?

Please fix
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 7:46:45 AM
Not botters... just running a program that alerts them when an item is posted. "Indexer" I think they're called.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not botters... just running a program that alerts them when an item is posted. "Indexer" I think they're called.

Yeah well poe.trade has an alert already what this guy is talking about is they set this alert/program to a threshold and if it gets a hit it not only alerts but instantly messages for the trade everything.. Automated you know.. Like a bot.. And yes its an indexer. Not botters but indeed a bot program fully automated.

And theres a shit ton of people using these to scalp the best deals to flip. Thus why 90% of items and cards and such have the first 5-10 prices set unreasonably low yet NONE will trade at that price.. thus the endless no reply's.. To sucker players into posting at that price or lower so their indexer can make the trade and get the flip.

Its really not hard to figure out whats going on. Just find an item thats being priced unreasonably low and post yours at the same price or lower and see how INSTANT you get messages. Multiple messages sometimes even. All instant.. No hearing the alert, Alt+Tabing out to see, clicking message player for the ctrl+v, Going back to game and opening message and hitting ctrl+v then enter to send your offer... ALL this is done instant.. Pretty sure that also falls under automated and multiple actions for NO keystrokes even... Bannable if you ask me but thats not my call. But ive seen this ALOT looking for certain cards and such to complete sets. and tested it myself the shit is instant no way in hell a person is doing all of the above mentioned manually that fast.

GGG needs to look into this further for sure.. It pretty fucking shady at the very least.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I_No could tell you about it.
"
Demonoz wrote:

Its really not hard to figure out whats going on. Just find an item thats being priced unreasonably low and post yours at the same price or lower and see how INSTANT you get messages. Multiple messages sometimes even. All instant.. No hearing the alert, Alt+Tabing out to see, clicking message player for the ctrl+v, Going back to game and opening message and hitting ctrl+v then enter to send your offer... ALL this is done instant.. Pretty sure that also falls under automated and multiple actions for NO keystrokes even... Bannable if you ask me but thats not my call. But ive seen this ALOT looking for certain cards and such to complete sets. and tested it myself the shit is instant no way in hell a person is doing all of the above mentioned manually that fast.

Lol do you really think if you have to alt tab to get the message you are going to beat someone who has who has poe.trade or custom program running on a 2nd monitor? You can do it all with a single click and ctrl v in the game, pretty instant.

"
Demonoz wrote:

GGG needs to look into this further for sure.. It pretty fucking shady at the very least.

Actually no, they just provide the data outside of the game client, how people utilize that data is up to them.

You could say it's an argument for all this data being available in the game client only where they can decide on how it's used but that's a whole new kettle of fish.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Nov 10, 2016, 2:34:18 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Lol do you really think if you have to alt tab to get the message you are going to beat someone who has who has poe.trade or custom program running on a 2nd monitor? You can do it all with a single click and ctrl v in the game, pretty instant.

"
Demonoz wrote:

Actually no, they just provide the data outside of the game client, how people utilize that data is up to them.

You could say it's an argument for all this data being available in the game client only where they can decide on how it's used but that's a whole new kettle of fish.

What part of Instant do you not get here? You click the Check and instantly get messages.. No half a second not even a second... Your that fast though right? You hear the sound and instantly click your second screen and message the second they check the box...

This is why its pointless to say a word about anything you find wrong in the game.. White knights trip over each other to shit all over it.. I guess next your gonna say its ok for people to auto pot and logout with a program when taking near fatal damage too... GGG should just put everything out there so everyone has the ability to do so more easily... Logic has escaped the majority of this community.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:

What part of Instant do you not get here? You click the Check and instantly get messages.. No half a second not even a second... Your that fast though right? You hear the sound and instantly click your second screen and message the second they check the box...

This is why its pointless to say a word about anything you find wrong in the game.. White knights trip over each other to shit all over it.. I guess next your gonna say its ok for people to auto pot and logout with a program when taking near fatal damage too... GGG should just put everything out there so everyone has the ability to do so more easily... Logic has escaped the majority of this community.

I use the poe.trade live search myself to get heavily flipped things I need for a spec cheaply. Sometimes manage to snag them - but how is this possible to beat these instant bots?

This is why it's pointless for GGG to listen to most of the forum cryhards, they have no real experience with the things they are crying about.
does ggg give the item data to everybody on request? if yes, does it scale?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 18, 2017, 1:11:11 AM
We I_NO what u think... Use own indexers and as stated by ggg u may use external shop sites (and bits as ut's not on their client). Believe it or nut but not bannable.
No Problem,
Exile
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Yeah well poe.trade has an alert already what this guy is talking about is they set this alert/program to a threshold and if it gets a hit it not only alerts but instantly messages for the trade everything.. Automated you know.. Like a bot.. And yes its an indexer. Not botters but indeed a bot program fully automated.

And theres a shit ton of people using these to scalp the best deals to flip. Thus why 90% of items and cards and such have the first 5-10 prices set unreasonably low yet NONE will trade at that price.. thus the endless no reply's.. To sucker players into posting at that price or lower so their indexer can make the trade and get the flip.

Its really not hard to figure out whats going on...

TL;DR:
Spoiler
People manipulate the market and price fix

Also, this is not an offense that is ban-worthy. While it is not actively encouraged, it is not discouraged either. No item has a set price with a barter economy. It is up to you to understand this and determine an item's value and compare it to realistic prices.

Welcome to Wraeclast! It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, exile. Get used to it.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Nov 11, 2016, 5:30:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info