The mainstream media

The mainstream media needs to find its professionalism and its patriotism before it's too late. Let's consider Michael Moore for a moment...

Michael Moore was a Clinton supporter, but also a professional. He didn't just sit on his ass, he engaged Trump voters to find out more about them. In doing so, he reached a very different set of facts than the lazy pretend journalists: Clinton was in huge trouble. Of course, he was right.

Moore was a Clinton supporter, but also a patriot. He defended the American people against claims of sexism and racism and called them good people. He came up with reasons which took the blame off of the people of greatest country in the world, and placed blame elsewhere.

One might disagree with Moore's eventual conclusions and decisions. But his journalistic integrity and love of country deserve our respect.

Meanwhile, the bulk of the Fourth Estate continues to be content with getting their information from press releases, parroting what's been fed to them. They don't investigate anything, they don't even editorialize on investigations, they editorialize on rumor. Critical thinking has been phased out of the industry.

And then, as the results of their incompetence create a reality which starts to encroach on their fantasy, they have the gall to blame the people. As their press-release-generated prophecies fail to come true, they say it is our fault, because we're sexist and racist and islamophobic and transphobic. They would rather turn the people, their customers, into villains than disbelieve the shit crammed down their willing throats.

Election night was awe-inspiring, regardless of varying politics, because it was the long-awaited moment of reckoning for the mainstream media. Like the cult follower waiting for the end of the world, they were exposed to incontrovertible proof that the basis of their very lives was a massive lie. And everyone who was watching, an entire nation held in rapt attention, knew it.

Moore isn't alone. Amid a sea of groupthink in an industry too corrupt to do its job, there were and will be islands of principled dissent, of all political flavors (well, mostly right-wing, but everything is represented). Find them. Support them. Boycott the liars. And spread this message.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Nov 9, 2016, 3:26:04 PM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2016, 3:30:32 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
the people of greatest country in the world

You should really get some help for that.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
the people of greatest country in the world

You should really get some help for that.
Oh please. You remind me of PolitiFact.

"I love butter pecan ice cream. It's the best, you know."
— Donald Trump at a rally, Sept 31

Vanilla is the best-selling flavor of ice cream, while chocolate tops surveys.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Hey all,

I have locked this thread as we have two on going disccusions

Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

We prefer to have players add on to the already established discussions in regards to these topics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info