Farewel (tired of elitism)

"
Dabandit1 wrote:
Oh boo hoo,welcome to the internet. Time to pull up your man panties or go.
Shame some faceless kid on the internet was able to hurt your adult feelings...lol

Pretty immature for a supposed 50+ year old...

On topic though:
General chat is not a nice place to look at the moment.

1. There are a lot of chat that does not belong there, such as people wanting to sell things.

2. The same questions of "where is Oak?" is asked 5 times each hour and I am far from exagerating here. I am willing to answer it from time to time, but not that often. I do not write anything when the question is asked but I can see why some people vent at the innocent asker from time to time.

3. Some people are constantly holding discussion in the same kindergarten-way as we see in politics in general no matter where we live.

I think number 2 will be handled in 0.9.6 by the map. That should make people simmer down some over questions since it most likely will diversify the questions a bit.

Issue 1 will to some degree be handled when a trade-system is implemented and a trade chat channel is a norm in most games and I think it will be another part of the solution.

Issue 3 will be the biggest challenge since it is a very general trait in any game, where people interact. Having a 24/7-moderation at some later stage is an option. Having report-systems, ignore-lists, clan and other "less open" chat channels and friendlists will dent it a bit. Maybe LoL has found a good solution but it is hard to say. However, I do not see it as anything solveable.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Most online games that I play usually has that. Its best to just ignore it. Time to grow some huevos and deal with it. Im usually a soloist anyways so I tend not to pay attention to chat lol. I have helped people on ther games before and its just a matter of convenience. I answered questions only when I wasn't busy. Thats just the way it is sometimes.
If women were made of games and liquor we would get along much quicker
as djkool sad. ALL of the MMOs i played had a crappy general discussion stuff. it is always i sell that; where is that; why is item x better than item y, and then an two hour long argument; etc.

so best would be, as djkool sad to just ignore it.

there will probably be more implementing in the chat department (don't know what it's looking like now cos i'm still waiting for that blasted key). so lets just man up and endure.

for the conclusion: try and get a buddy or two involved in the game (yes, i know it's a bit hard cos of all this beta keys' nonsense!). that way u'll have someone to help u out if u need any help, and it's always better to do stuff with ur friends :)
Last edited by Sparrawk on Feb 5, 2012, 4:53:57 PM
"
Destramo wrote:
Hi there, I would like to share my gaming experience at PoE so far.

Game is amazing, needs some balancing and could use some more itemization. But overal I like it. I would even stick around and play it but community seems to be pathetic.

People tend to troll chat for entire day, there are few people that are online more than 18 hours a day, and they mock every one else around. If some one offers help to newbies they mock them to death (Don't help them noob, let them learn game, don't answer to their questions "where are specific quest mobs located")

Not to mention that 80% of PoE community refuses to help instead of giving you tips they will point you out in wrong directions so they can benefit from it. Alot of scamming going around when trading too.

They spit on your if your dps is low for around your Level (ahahah you scrub you don't know how to build) Didn't happen personaly to me but I see it alot of times around general chat...

Seems to me like PoE community is based around age of 15-17.

Anyway great game, crap community so~ Thank you but NO thank you.

~Peace

You were just happens to be on at the wrong time.
Just cause a few asshats decided to troll on the global chat, you then randomly made up a statistics(that is far too unrealistic,80% is pushing it) on how much of the community is just trolls and not helpful people.

Your no better then those 13 year olds, by letting this get to your head(since it seems your suppose to be the adult here? Elitism-Ego much?).
Sweeping Maid
Can I haz your key, OP?
"
NeoBlueArchon wrote:
Want to learn to hate elitism? Play league of legends

QFT

League is full of em'.
But the funniest thing is, over half the time someone on league is talkin' shit about something, you can go look at the match history and LOL for a good 30 min.
"
Zackizle wrote:
"
NeoBlueArchon wrote:
Want to learn to hate elitism? Play league of legends

QFT

League is full of em'.
But the funniest thing is, over half the time someone on league is talkin' shit about something, you can go look at the match history and LOL for a good 30 min.

hahaha. ah the good old times :)
I haven't been in the game for too long, but the people in the Hardcore league seem pretty legit. Always helpful, even when I was trying to find Oak haha. The atmosphere just seems better and more mature for some reason. If you're still around OP then you should just try playing in the Hardcore league until things like the friends list/guilds/different chat channels get implemented.
Destramo has been besterest
I would just like to say that if someone is surprised by trolling, laming and flaming in online games - then he's new to online games.

You just get used to it, ignore the idiots and have fun with cool people.

Not PoE releated, but i played alot of online games and have to say that League of Legends have the worst community ever.
Insan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info