Farewel (tired of elitism)

"
Jack798 wrote:
Ironically,
This only happens in games where people CANT kill and maim each other.

What??? Clearly you don't play First Person Shooters too often. You can't go 30 seconds without a 'Noob' or 'lol... you suck' comment. If you've ever played a FPS in CAL or any of the other gaming leagues you'll REALLY see just how crappy gamers can treat each other.

I come from SC2 and when you're playing a ladder game things can heat up. Raging and stuff. Other than that people are pretty manner and helpful.

I think it's because it's a new game and a lot of young people (less than 16) are populating the servers right now.
It's a community thing, if people look down on being bad mannered to newbies then it will recede substantially.
Forum threads are one way to start.
If, I went to the theater to see a movie, and while at that movie the crowd that gathered to see it were constantly cursing and throwing popcorn at the screen, I wouldn't hold that against the movie itself. Makes no sense.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
If, I went to the theater to see a movie, and while at that movie the crowd that gathered to see it were constantly cursing and throwing popcorn at the screen, I wouldn't hold that against the movie itself. Makes no sense.

Well said.
I hope that come release this will be fixed or at least some of the trolls will be gone. POE looks like a great game.
Want to learn to hate elitism? Play league of legends
"
Destramo wrote:
Hi there, I would like to share my gaming experience at PoE so far.

Game is amazing, needs some balancing and could use some more itemization. But overal I like it. I would even stick around and play it but community seems to be pathetic.

People tend to troll chat for entire day, there are few people that are online more than 18 hours a day, and they mock every one else around. If some one offers help to newbies they mock them to death (Don't help them noob, let them learn game, don't answer to their questions "where are specific quest mobs located")

Not to mention that 80% of PoE community refuses to help instead of giving you tips they will point you out in wrong directions so they can benefit from it. Alot of scamming going around when trading too.

They spit on your if your dps is low for around your Level (ahahah you scrub you don't know how to build) Didn't happen personaly to me but I see it alot of times around general chat...

Seems to me like PoE community is based around age of 15-17.

Anyway great game, crap community so~ Thank you but NO thank you.

~Peace

Are you new to the internet?
hi ezra
And why people feel forced to ask questions when they don't know where to go ?

It's part of the game to look for your way, if you ask people, it's like cheating. Therefore it's not suprising to see people trolling at cheaters.

If you ask a question about a particular mechanic of the game which isn't clear, you don't get trolled very often. Unless your question is like "does one hand weapon passives work with dual wielding ?", because this is a completely stupid question, and it looks like a troll to even dare asking this...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Questions like this get asked so often because,well,new people get in the game all the time.When the game is released,and a few weeks-months pass,you won't see such questions very often.Now's the question time.
"
Dabandit1 wrote:
Oh boo hoo,welcome to the internet. Time to pull up your man panties or go.
Shame some faceless kid on the internet was able to hurt your adult feelings...lol

Being on the internet is not an excuse to be an A-hole... If you dont talk like that to your mother then dont talk like that on the internet...

It is shamefull that most people on the internet think that the fact no one knows their name or their face gives them a right to be D-heads...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info