Farewel (tired of elitism)

Hi there, I would like to share my gaming experience at PoE so far.

Game is amazing, needs some balancing and could use some more itemization. But overal I like it. I would even stick around and play it but community seems to be pathetic.

People tend to troll chat for entire day, there are few people that are online more than 18 hours a day, and they mock every one else around. If some one offers help to newbies they mock them to death (Don't help them noob, let them learn game, don't answer to their questions "where are specific quest mobs located")

Not to mention that 80% of PoE community refuses to help instead of giving you tips they will point you out in wrong directions so they can benefit from it. Alot of scamming going around when trading too.

They spit on your if your dps is low for around your Level (ahahah you scrub you don't know how to build) Didn't happen personaly to me but I see it alot of times around general chat...

Seems to me like PoE community is based around age of 15-17.

Anyway great game, crap community so~ Thank you but NO thank you.

~Peace
Last edited by Destramo on Jan 28, 2012, 8:40:49 PM
PvP and the cut throat mindset can bleed into the rest of the game. By that I mean people tend to take the whole hardcore dog-eat-dog world to the extreme if they can. D2 was nasty as I recall for a time at least.
FFA loot sucks.
Yes, there's trolling because it gets extremely to get the same god damn question asked every 10 minutes because the person is too lazy to find it themselves or just freaking read the chat.

I can't say anything about grouping because I run solo. I did dozens of trades and never got scammed so if you did, it was just bad luck on your side.
I've seen both sides so far. I've seen the pricks that love to insult anyone that asks a question and then I've seen the people that go out of their way to help newbies. It's an unfortunate part of online gaming that we have to sift through the piles of crappy people to find the ones that make gaming with others fun.

If you enjoy the game, then avoid and/or ignore the elitist kiddies. Turn off the global chat and play solo. Also keep in mind there are features coming in the future that will help with this. Once there is a friends list you'll be able to save the names of those you like and filter by that. You can also block people so as soon as you get a snobby remark just block that person and ask again.

Don't leave because of them. Stick around and be one of the people that others enjoy playing with and help those that are new to the game.

"
Destramo wrote:
Hi there, I would like to share my gaming experience at PoE so far.

Game is amazing, needs some balancing and could use some more itemization. But overal I like it. I would even stick around and play it but community seems to be pathetic.

People tend to troll chat for entire day, there are few people that are online more than 18 hours a day, and they mock every one else around. If some one offers help to newbies they mock them to death (Don't help them noob, let them learn game, don't answer to their questions "where are specific quest mobs located")

Not to mention that 80% of PoE community refuses to help instead of giving you tips they will point you out in wrong directions so they can benefit from it. Alot of scamming going around when trading too.

They spit on your if your dps is low for around your Level (ahahah you scrub you don't know how to build) Didn't happen personaly to me but I see it alot of times around general chat...

Anyway great game, crap community so~ Thank you but NO thank you.

~Peace

I agree 100% about the global chat in the game. This is a very accurate description of how it goes MOST of the time.

If you actually try to provide help - you are usually the only one actually providing this help (and this is beta!). The rest of the answers are 'trolls' and everyone circlejerking about who is trolling harder, etc.

I'm sure most of the people get turned off right away just because of this sense of elitism in a beta.

I would suggest trying to ignore most of the people (trust me, you will end up ignoring most) and trying to find some nice people to party up with. There are some of them out there, though most of them tend to just start ignoring the global chat.

I think implementing a friends list would go a long way.
Last edited by Pu1pFriction on Jan 28, 2012, 9:48:38 PM
"
Destramo wrote:

This man speaks the truth! .. you tend to get poor/immature communities with F2P games. Have you seen some of the names that these people come up with?
Glad to hear morons like this are getting keys and 10+ years beta testing experience computer science majors like me are left to rot in the scum of GGG's shoes. This game is really gona go places..
Last edited by Dougleton on Jan 28, 2012, 11:31:51 PM
"
Die_Scream wrote:
PvP and the cut throat mindset can bleed into the rest of the game.

This is an excuse, gives that person no right to be rude or an ass to others.
"
Dougleton wrote:
Glad to hear morons like this are getting keys and 10+ years beta testing experience computer science majors like me are left to rot in the scum of GGG's shoes. This game is really gona go places..

This is exact type of attitude that was being discussed in the OPs point, regardless of age or experience.
"
omfgzlolz wrote:
"
Die_Scream wrote:
PvP and the cut throat mindset can bleed into the rest of the game.

This is an excuse, gives that person no right to be rude or an ass to others.

Certainly not, nor do I advocate for that behavior. I do notice in PvP games, the community is quite vicious though, especially with "hardcore" PvP.

FFA loot sucks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info