The combo:
+
= 3000% increased damage against bosses

Infinite frenzy:

7k HP:

Offense_Stats

Where 3 million DPS comes from:

9.71 * 11955 * 30

And 85% fire penetration not included, because resistances fluctuate.

Gear

Notes:
-You don't one-shot yourself to reflect because damage has to ramp up and you have a large HP pool, but you can't do reflect map mods
-Don't play this version of oro's in hardcore, it's too risky
-Don't do immune to status ailments bosses and map mods, you need to ignite
-Elementalist is a great alternative class if you want to play safer
-I used astramentis because I was lazy, you don't need to use it if you have +50dex/int rares
-Flicker strike can cancel the animation of war cries
-Oro's has built in culling strike
-Change culling strike for fortify in leap slam links
-Get life/passive/frenzy for bandits
-6th link = chance-to-ignite
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Nov 7, 2016, 7:19:53 PM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 10:25:03 PM
The calculation is not correct. the taming + emberwake will grant you 3000% 'increased' damage. You simply multiplied 3000% damage bonus to your dps, which is 'more' damage. Also I highly doubt that you can reach 300 ignites in 4 seconds with less than 10 aps. Assuming you have 100% ignite chance you need 75 aps in order to reach max ignites.
I had thought burn stacks work like charge stacks, in that each burn stack resets the timer for the entire stack.

Does it instead work like poison where each burn stack has its own timer?
yes 4 seconds. Each ignite burns enemy 20% of initial hit for 4 seconds. Emberwake reduces this burn damage further down while allowing ignites to stack. Now unless you have increased ignite duration from items or skill tree you have only 4 seconds to stack ignites.
I believe he is suggesting the timer resets on all burn stacks with each new burn stack just like power charges do.
So I play this build on my Ranger. I have 10 Frenzy Charges, with a 91% ignite chance.

I have 14 APS during Onslaught, Probably about the fastest possible attack speed with this weapon.

Thats 56 Attacks over 4 seconds (Burn Time) with a 91% ignite chance is 51 Ignites possible at once. so a 500% increase in Damage.

Remember it's Increased damage not more damage.

My build works alright, T13+ maps give me trouble, cause I only have 4k life. But most bosses Melt after 4 seconds.
How are you sustaining mana?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info