Don't forget to vote!

The US presidential election will finally be here tomorrow. For those who have managed to no-life POE so hard they barely know who's running, here's a couple of useful links.

I Side With political quiz to see which of the four candidates best represents your views

Find your polling place

I think we have plenty of partisan discussion in the Trump & Hillary threads, so please, if you can, try to keep this thread free of advocacy.

If you have any useful links to add, please post them.

Go vote!
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Nov 9, 2016, 1:50:57 AM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2016, 1:53:53 AM
Please be sure you are an eligible US citizen registered to vote in your state and precinct, and that your metabolic functions all place you among the living. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The political quiz linked in OP is extremely superficial and biased with respect to question selection and phrasing. If those questions seriously cover the important election issues for you then you Americans deserve both the candidates you've been forced to choose between.

Edit: That may sound harsh but many of the questions are either completely irrelevant (because no candidate claims to address that topic in any way - in many cases the questions are state-issues not federal) or fail to include the actual stance of one or more candidates. And so many important questions are missing (there's not a single question on trade, for example, even if you expand all the 'answer more' options). The foreign policy questions are laughable. The education questions are missing things that are directly addressed in debates and candidate platforms. The electoral issues barely cover actual electoral issues. Sigh.

You really need blinders on to think that quiz is ok.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Nov 7, 2016, 8:14:29 PM
americans never learn, other countries already know elections, politics, governments is all rigged.

but americans, during the bush vs kerry... proof was given that both were part off the same fraternity in yale... romney is obamas friend... and now this

yet you still believe which puppet you vote for matters.

incredible man, just unbelievable.

yup... go outside and vote, even though both are friends.

downvote me, hate on me, i know americans will ignore this post or even report me for speaking the truth... i don't even care anymore.
Sigh. Please ignore the woefully unaware and naive who are somehow dumbfounded and appalled by the fact that famous people and people with similar interests or occupations know and associate with each other. Politicians playing golf with politicians? Having brunch?! The horror!

As for the quiz, it was the top search result when I looked for one and the comments from users seemed to have a diverse representation of the parties. The questions also seem to be stated without bias to me, so I'm really not sure what you're seeing there. Maybe I'm just missing something and "Do you support the Patriot Act?" is horribly biased, though. If you honestly believe the quiz is flawed in some way, please find and post another.

And please, people, try really, really hard to be on your best behavior and avoid pooping all over the thread. You can be better than that. Hopefully.
I'm still pretty damn shocked how it was possible to let pretty much the two worst candidates not only get that much publicity, but also allow them to get this far... I just hope that the current global political situation, while not great, won't be completely shattered into pieces after the election.
Sorry, but I just can't see too many positive aspects when watching at the upcoming election :/
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
I'm still pretty damn shocked how it was possible to let pretty much the two worst candidates not only get that much publicity, but also allow them to get this far... I just hope that the current global political situation, while not great, won't be completely shattered into pieces after the election.
Sorry, but I just can't see too many positive aspects when watching at the upcoming election :/

The positive aspect is that thaumaturges are making a comeback.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Should prisons ban the use of solitary confinement for juveniles?

OMIGOD I can't believe anyone would even ask this! Americans do know, right, that this is against international law? There are treaties that the US as well as most other countries signed protecting rights of children?
Censored.
Voted Clinton. Deal with it.

Also got to vote on a bunch of really good ballot measures... legal recreational pot, ranked choice voting, minimum wage... good stuff!
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Quiz puts me at 94% Johnson, 74% Trump, 32% Stein, 20% Clinton. Feels right; I identify as libertarian and think Stein is a much, much better candidate on the Left. Don't feel bad about having voted Trump early as Johnson is an idiot. Scrolling down tells me I'm a globalist, which is weird, but otherwise as expected: laissez-faire, individualist, etc.

To my friends on the Left: vote Stein. #NeverHillary
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 8, 2016, 4:48:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info