FFXV any1?

"
Antnee wrote:
They hit on a few good points; remember how effing silly that game was? Cloud's ladyclothes bit? The Golden Saucer? Etc? How's that all going to translate into what seems to be an uber-serious remake?

Well, aesthetics-wise it's plausible. Judging by the screens, Cloud's androgynous mug won't be a problem and he isn't exactly a mountain of muscles.

It's understandable that people are worried about it, the original game was pretty wacky along the way which prevented the main story from going into tryhard area. It's something like 80s action movies, ridiculous plots, ridiculous action, ridiculous characters, shudder-worthy oneliners. However, they are aware of it and that's why it all works, the reason modern action movies are bad is because they take themselves way too seriously.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 7, 2016, 6:08:00 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
They hit on a few good points; remember how effing silly that game was? Cloud's ladyclothes bit? The Golden Saucer? Etc? How's that all going to translate into what seems to be an uber-serious remake?

Well, aesthetics-wise it's plausible. Judging by the screens, Cloud's androgynous mug won't be a problem and he isn't exactly a mountain of muscles.

It's understandable that people are worried about it, the original game was pretty wacky along the way which prevented the main story from going into tryhard area. It's something like 80s action movies, ridiculous plots, ridiculous action, ridiculous characters, shudder-worthy oneliners. However, they are aware of it and that's why it all works, the reason modern action movies are bad is because they take themselves way too seriously.
that's actually pretty spot on.

(I think modern action movies suck because the genre really has nowhere to go, and hasn't since the 00's.)
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Some theories about the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHL3ToWhYxI
I think I left the Final Fantasy train, I loved this series and anime as a teen but really not so much anymore

I bought both Lightning Returns (FF13-3) and FF Type 0 HD, I've barely played them

I'm not hyped for neither 7 remake or 15, maybe I'll play them eventually

Right now I'm rather waiting for Resident Evil 2 remake and (far less) 7

Konami is dead, so god knows when a new Silent Hill or Castlevania comes around (God I really need a good SH after all those years)

also waiting(ish) in a sense for Dead Space 4

Damn, there's nothing right now that I feel like playing, I'll try PoE again once the channeling skills are released but it will be rough because I don't really feel like starting fresh but at the same time getting back into all those stash tabs, items across multiple characters, making a build that doesn't suck too much, eh, PoE really isn't the kind of game you can simply play again just like that after a while...
"
Coal48 wrote:
Konami is dead, so god knows when a new Silent Hill or Castlevania comes around (God I really need a good SH after all those years)

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to Bloodstained.

"
raics wrote:

Thanks for reminding me, though (according to wikipedia) release would be only Q1 2018

still, definitively looking forward for that one
Spoiler
despite being too oldschool
Was very hyped fr that...sadly hype went down after the demo.
"
Coal48 wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Thanks for reminding me, though (according to wikipedia) release would be only Q1 2018

Spoiler

Ah, didn't know it got delayed for a year, as long as they do a better job I approve, good things are worth waiting for.

@DDusk
What's wrong with the demo? It was pretty much what they promised and what I expected.

"
raics wrote:
"
Coal48 wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Spoiler

Ah, didn't know it got delayed for a year, as long as they do a better job I approve, good things are worth waiting for.

@DDusk
What's wrong with the demo? It was pretty much what they promised and what I expected.

The combat man...1 animation kik or 1 animation slash... no combo system or weapon type variety.

Maby theyll fix that. If they dont do a deeper combat system it will be a deal breaker for me.
"
DDusk wrote:
The combat man...1 animation kik or 1 animation slash... no combo system or weapon type variety.

Maby theyll fix that. If they dont do a deeper combat system it will be a deal breaker for me.

I don't think we can expect a combo system of any kind, the man is pretty much going for a remake of Castlevania SotN with a few tweaks like the soul system from Dawn of Sorrow, however I do expect a big weapon and skill selection like the previous games had. If you liked Shank more than SoTN this is a certain skip for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info